Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is totally bummed by this offseason already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh fuck I completely forgot the all star game is in Toronto next season
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
      I'm more rattled then i've been in a long time, I am beyond even thinking of Casey gone because if he is not I want the GM fired. enough is enough with this blind hope that casey will improve. MU needs to grow some fucking balls and fire DC fuck i dont even know anymore i just fuck fuck fuck i cant watch another season on this idiotic man fuckkkkkkkkkkkk ...... honestly life is hard and its alot of work to keep to life it the right way and one of the ways i like to let off steam is my beloved raptors who our gm and letting them fall apart #FIREMU fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no more iso please please please fuck not a whole nother year.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

[QUOTE=2KJ;471691]I'm so cheesed, right now especially after seeing all the other playoff teams put up a good fight and lots of great games,

In the first round there were 3 series that were sweeps and two more that were 4 to 1???? what are you talking about?

Comment

It's hard to have an opinion about Dwayne Casey returning because we don't understand the coaching situation or why he was retained. I'm giving Masai Ujiri the benefit of the doubt that he has a long-term plan for success. I hope he's not making short-term decision for the all-star game or 2016 free agency.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
            I'm more rattled then i've been in a long time, I am beyond even thinking of Casey gone because if he is not I want the GM fired. enough is enough with this blind hope that casey will improve. MU needs to grow some fucking balls and fire DC fuck i dont even know anymore i just fuck fuck fuck i cant watch another season on this idiotic man fuckkkkkkkkkkkk ...... honestly life is hard and its alot of work to keep to life it the right way and one of the ways i like to let off steam is my beloved raptors who our gm and letting them fall apart #FIREMU fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no more iso please please please fuck not a whole nother year.
            Love your passion. I am actually contemplating writing a letter to MU to help me understand why Casey has been retained? As a long time SSH I am as if not more discouraged than when Bosh left .

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              All these reports that Casey will be back were one thing and then finding out that the rebrand looks just totally f****** awful. Fantastic, so now i get to watch inept Casey coach the team into losses while they YET AGAIN wear total dogs*** unis.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I couldn't honestly care less. It's one thing to have a disappointing season just completely crap the bed like it did but it's another thing when the offseason continues the downward spiral.

2016, with the upcoming all star game was supposed to be the year the team took it up a notch but the team is as listless and unlovable as i can remember.

Yuck.
              Stop the bloodclot cryin... Give masai time to mold the team the way he planned. They overachieved in the regular season and got people hype. But they havent done anything to really be different. Coach Casey will coach his way out the league.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Love your passion. I am actually contemplating writing a letter to MU to help me understand why Casey has been retained? As a long time SSH I am as if not more discouraged than when Bosh left .
                You were discouraged when Bosh left? That gay ostrich was the lamest "best player" we've ever had.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Masai is like
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If you're totally bummed does that mean you believe that with a new coach and snazzier uniforms the Raptors would be a contender next year? Because that's what it sounds like and it doesn't sound realistic.

It's a pipe dream to think that whatever coach and whatever players the Raptors employ that the fans wouldn't be frustrated and/or disappointed one way or another. So take a deep breath, relax and try to be a little more rational. Or not, it's entertaining at least.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      You were discouraged when Bosh left? That gay ostrich was the lamest "best player" we've ever had.
                      I don't know man

24&10 during his last year with us
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        And yes, I was hoping for Casey to be removed this offseason too. But I'm not willing to write off the entire 2015-16 season just because they retained him when we have no idea what the team he will be coaching is going to look like.
                        Based on the last 4 years under Casey, can you actually foresee a roster that would work with him? I can't because Casey will not adjust to his personnel.

I think some posters are being a bit dramatic just because people are disappointed already. Yes, we are all aware that the bulk of the offseason is still to come, but the 2 things that we have seen (Casey and rebrand jerseys) are both disappointments. 0-2 to start the offseason after a rough final few months and an embarrassing playoffs, yeah it's fair to be disappointed already.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Based on the last 4 years under Casey, can you actually foresee a roster that would work with him? I can't because Casey will not adjust to his personnel.

I think some posters are being a bit dramatic just because people are disappointed already. Yes, we are all aware that the bulk of the offseason is still to come, but the 2 things that we have seen (Casey and rebrand jerseys) are both disappointments. 0-2 to start the offseason after a rough final few months and an embarrassing playoffs, yeah it's fair to be disappointed already.
                          Apparently the Raps are going full scientific this year and they are genetically engineering a team that can actually work with Casey's cranky old man arrogant inflexible defensive sets. I'm excited. Seriously damn excited...

Comment

I think people are feeling upset at this point because the old familiar feeling is back...

After the team began it's short-lived run of success I think that most fans believed that we had turned a corner and were entering into a new era where we would move away from being nothing more than a running joke, a constant embodiment of failure and shame...

The cloud had lifted and the Raptors (absolutely the name and brand are the worst in all of pro sport and are now officially becoming an anchor around the franchises neck..) had garnered a level of respect and no matter where we ended up we would be holding our heads high (despite the silly and ridiculous jerseys, logo, and name along with the putrid tradition and history they represent and pay tribute to...) as we headed into the first off-season where we could swing for the fences and finally break-through the free-agent glass ceiling and bring in an all-star calibre player to take us to the "next level"...

Well, here we are back in that same old place... confused, sad, and totally let down in the most remarkable and unexpected fashion by the organization as a whole. The realization has just settled in we are who they thought we were... The Raptors.

P.S.- It is my life mission to get the team nick-name changed. So the jersey mock-ups they recently put out not only show just how badly we need to make a wholesale change, but also put the icing on the cake as far as how the organization is screwing us over, and showing that it comes straight from the top. The fact that they could hype it up sooooooooo much then come with the exact same designs and colours because they figure everyone will buy based on the new wave of success and the all-star game and Drake. This is beyond disturbing and shows they are simply trying to take advantage of the fans and people of this city and country. Classy move having NONE of the shirts say Toronto on them obviously trying to appeal to people outside the city... Which is actually a good thing if it had been accomplished by changing the team name to something we can be proud of and identify with as people from this city/country...

P.S.S.-Also, I remember Leiweke on Strombo show saying that they were really close to a name change but didn't do it and said that they still might change it, then I remember them saying that they scrapped the name change because of the run of good play and swell in support. ( i.e. Jurassic Park in the rain..) Well i hope they are happy... the Raptor name went on to do such Raptor things and now we are here and we might have missed the best chance to change and start a new era with the all-star game as the lauch pad, just so we could go on to get swept by the Truth and totally embarrass ourselves, only further deepening the negative association the Raptor brand has always had since the first day when the name was recealed and Mr. Thomas walked through the big paper picture of the dino 20 years ago...

End of stupid, pointless post/rant...
                            Last edited by aaron.in.toronto; Sat May 16, 2015, 10:33 AM.
                            Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

Well the jersey thing is a little ridiculous as style is completely subjective and I'm sure there are plenty of people that think the rebranded jerseys look amazing (including the people who do this for a living obviously). Once again, there seems to be a bit of the forum bubble at play here where we think that because ten people on the RR forums do not like them, that everyone else shares the same opinion. For what it's worth, I think they look fine.

And even if I thought they were horrendous, the colour scheme of the "Drake alternate jerseys" ranks pretty low on my list of things that will determine my satisfaction as a fan.

And in regards to the Casey thing…yes, the man has shown that he's capable of leading an effective team during his time in Toronto. He had the best record in the Conference for close to a 100 game span at one point in the not too distant past, with a roster that we all seem to admit that is fundamentally flawed.

And I don't want to turn this into a defence of Casey because like I said before, I was hoping that he would be fired too and I thought tthe way our season/playoffs ended was grounds for dismissal in itself. But do I think next season is completely doomed before it even begins despite having no idea what the roster will look like… of course not.

In one sentence: I'm not bummed out by the off season because it hasn't even begun yet.
                              Last edited by Fully; Sat May 16, 2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
                                I think people are feeling upset at this point because the old familiar feeling is back...

After the team began it's short-lived run of success I think that most fans believed that we had turned a corner and were entering into a new era where we would move away from being nothing more than a running joke, a constant embodiment of failure and shame...

The cloud had lifted and the Raptors (absolutely the name and brand are the worst in all of pro sport and are now officially becoming an anchor around the franchises neck..) had garnered a level of respect and no matter where we ended up we would be holding our heads high (despite the silly and ridiculous jerseys, logo, and name along with the putrid tradition and history they represent and pay tribute to...) as we headed into the first off-season where we could swing for the fences and finally break-through the free-agent glass ceiling and bring in an all-star calibre player to take us to the "next level"...

Well, here we are back in that same old place... confused, sad, and totally let down in the most remarkable and unexpected fashion by the organization as a whole. The realization has just settled in we are who they thought we were... The Raptors.

P.S.- It is my life mission to get the team nick-name changed. So the jersey mock-ups they recently put out not only show just how badly we need to make a wholesale change, but also put the icing on the cake as far as how the organization is screwing us over, and showing that it comes straight from the top. The fact that they could hype it up sooooooooo much then come with the exact same designs and colours because they figure everyone will buy based on the new wave of success and the all-star game and Drake. This is beyond disturbing and shows they are simply trying to take advantage of the fans and people of this city and country. Classy move having NONE of the shirts say Toronto on them obviously trying to appeal to people outside the city... Which is actually a good thing if it had been accomplished by changing the team name to something we can be proud of and identify with as people from this city/country...

P.S.S.-Also, I remember Leiweke on Strombo show saying that they were really close to a name change but didn't do it and said that they still might change it, then I remember them saying that they scrapped the name change because of the run of good play and swell in support. ( i.e. Jurassic Park in the rain..) Well i hope they are happy... the Raptor name went on to do such Raptor things and now we are here and we might have missed the best chance to change and start a new era with the all-star game as the lauch pad, just so we could go on to get swept by the Truth and totally embarrass ourselves, only further deepening the negative association the Raptor brand has always had since the first day when the name was recealed and Mr. Thomas walked through the big paper picture of the dino 20 years ago...

End of stupid, pointless post/rant...
                                No way is Raptors the worst name in pro sports.... Pelicans is worse.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X