The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Thomas is on the WNBA side, nothing to do with the knicks.
    Oh okay.. didn't know that obviously. Thanks.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Oh okay.. didn't know that obviously. Thanks.
      Thomas might not know that either though.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

With your extremely high expectation and over valuing our assets, MU is going to disappoint many of you guys just like Raptors did against Washington ... Anyone remember the prediction thread for that series

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          With your extremely high expectation and over valuing our assets, MU is going to disappoint many of you guys just like Raptors did against Washington ... Anyone remember the prediction thread for that series
          Do you not remember the bargnani trade and the return we got? Tell me, are Kyle and DeMar at Bargnani levels?
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Does anyone put the Raptors in the "need to win now" category, along with Knicks and Lakers? I mean we don't have the mega star in their prime/end of prime that we need to please, but don't we need to capitalize on the last two winning seasons by building on those win totals? MU is in his third year and needs to show progress in his plan to win a ring. Moving DD or KL, for a lottery pick seems like a step back.

I'm guessing when GM's go in for job interviews thier whole pitch to their bosses is how to win a championship in the given years of their contract or at least on how to get to that contendership level. Isn't it too late for MU to go back on that plan now?
            Masai has said in a bunch of interviews that it may make sense to take a step back so we can take more steps forward in the future. I don't think there is any pressure to improve upon our win total next seasons, especially after how hollow that win total was shown to be in the playoffs.

Regarding DD to the Knicks, I think DD would actually look really good next to Melo. Melo likes to play from the outside and shoot 3s, DD likes to attack the basket and shoot from mid range. Also, DD is a pretty good passer, which is what you want out of your SG when you run the triangle. Is Ty Lawson a better fit next to Melo? I don't think so, like not even close.

McHappy had a good idea to explore the Knicks options by seeing what recent all stars might be offered for that #4 pick. It's a fun exercise that will hopefully get me through my downtime in the work day. mcRealistic, how about presenting some other options for the Knicks instead of stupid bets? You know, something that furthers the conversation. It's fine to disagree, but it doesn't further the conversation if you don't say why you disagree.

Here's one option for NYK or Sac that doesn't involve the Raptors, how about Jeff Teague? I've said elsewhere that I think the Hawks could look at moving him to make room for Schroeder as the starter. I think Sac would be a more likely trade partner, as they're more desperate for a PG than NY is since NY runs the triangle which doesn't really need a PG. I could see the Hawks targeting Hezonja, who would be great off the bench behind Korver and would be able to take over as Korvers successor at starting SG.

See how easy that is McRealistic, and it actually gives the other posters something to consider and discuss. Tell me why you think it's a good idea or bad idea, don't try to bet me it won't happen.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Do you not remember the bargnani trade and the return we got? Tell me, are Kyle and DeMar at Bargnani levels?
              That was a great trade so lets hope MU can do it again.

Comment

Didn't you just say that a pick in the 5-10 range was "logical and realistic"?

Aren't most of the discussions regarding trading KL and DD involve Sac at 6? Then Denver (7) with some Charlotte (9) thrown in for good measure. With the exception of about 2-3 posts since last night talking about NYK and LAL picks (which even admitted to a "pie in the sky" scenario), most of the conversation has fallen into the very range which you are saying is realistic.

So seriously, stop. Just stop.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I actually had that one nailed in November....granted not a sweep but a loss was a given.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    Here's one option for NYK or Sac that doesn't involve the Raptors, how about Jeff Teague? I've said elsewhere that I think the Hawks could look at moving him to make room for Schroeder as the starter. I think Sac would be a more likely trade partner, as they're more desperate for a PG than NY is since NY runs the triangle which doesn't really need a PG.
                    The above are something that are realistic and I can agree with. At this moment, combinations of trade are endless so just sitting down and thinking there 2 stars that team can trade for NY and hence, DD is a good option is pointless. NY can be involved in 3 team trade. NY can trade up, NY can trade down , NY can keep it and ... Given the fact that 4-5 players in this draft are so highly regarded, this pick is very valuable.

Jeff Teague is a great PG and his stock is very high in NBA now and everyone is praising how he is a championship caliber PG. Sac with their new coach, Demarcus, Gay is ready to compete and a #6 pick does not really help them.

So I agree with what you said and I say it again, I think picks from 5-10 are well within reach with what we have and I hope MU get busy and actually get us the picks.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      I actually had that one nailed in November....granted not a sweep but a loss was a given.

Did you ?? I don't remember the individual posts but I remember there was only 4-5 of us who thought Washington will win the series. As far as the sweep, well, I don't think Washington players did not think they can do it either before the start of the series.

Comment

Did you ?? I don't remember the individual posts but I remember there was only 4-5 of us who thought Washington will win the series. As far as the sweep, well, I don't think Washington players did not think they can do it either before the start of the series.
                        A lot of people felt that we wouldn't win the playoffs.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Didn't you just say that a pick in the 5-10 range was "logical and realistic"?

Aren't most of the discussions regarding trading KL and DD involve Sac at 6? Then Denver (7) with some Charlotte (9) thrown in for good measure. With the exception of about 2-3 posts since last night talking about NYK and LAL picks (which even admitted to a "pie in the sky" scenario), most of the conversation has fallen into the very range which you are saying is realistic.

So seriously, stop. Just stop.
                          Dude relax, You have not clearly read my posts so calm down.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            A lot of people felt that we wouldn't win the playoffs.
                            You are right, 5 people thought we will lose and 92% of the republic thought we would win against Washington.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...dictions-Recap
                            Last edited by McRealistic; Wed May 20, 2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Dude relax, You have not clearly read my posts so calm down.
                              I have read all of your posts. Most are telling other people to stop being ridiculous and only your perceived range is worth discussing. So while I am perfectly relaxed, I am tired of your bullshit.

Comment

I LOVE RR writers , especially Zarar.

Speaking of values:

"DeRozan is the one that has a greater chance of intriguing teams because of his work ethic, ability to get to the FT line, and age. Despite his shooting issues, there will be interested parties with enough floor spacing that’ll welcome DeRozan in the hopes that he can improve his shooting to average levels.
                                DeRozan has a player option of $10.1 million for 2015-16, which he will opt out of, essentially making this his contract year. That comes with an associated decline in market value since he becomes a rent-a-player who never fetch you much.

Kyle Lowry is a tougher proposition to move. He’s got $36 million owing on his deal, is hitting 30, has a reputation of being uncoachable, plays a position he can’t defend, and happens to be playing one of the most stacked positions in the league. He’s got a track record where his welcome wears down, and GMs have enough of a sample size where they’re likely to point to the player than the circumstance as the problem."

Comment

Working...
                                X