No announcement yet.

Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches will vote DD in. They know the huge role DD plays for this team to be successful.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Charlotte is ahead of us in team record.

Chicago played 3 less games and has the same number of losses, so theoretically they could be tied in 3 games time.

Washington is currently in 11th, they will not stay there, and wall is certainly a more known commodity among voters/coaches and I really cannot see anyone arguing that demar is a better player than Wall.

and pistons are actually above 500. dont think many people thought that would happen and Reggie/Drummond have been young, and made the mistakes of younger players, but they have both been really damn good.
      Charlotte's all-star just got busted for his medicinal issues for 5 games -- they're fun to watch (especially the reemergence of Batum), but their back court isn't nearly as exciting.

Chicago is a mess. Everyone's blaming Hoiberg, but the GM refuses to get decent bench players and move some of the old guys.

Who is Washington going to leapfrog to be relevant by allstar break? By the end of the season, sure. Maybe they'll be around 9th by then.

With the Pistons people/media are going to give most of the credit to Drummond, so not sure they're relevant to the conversation. Reggie probably deserves some talk but I see it going the same way it did when Lowry got snubbed.

As for voting, this is about being a fan, not being critical. Kobe might get voted in. Does he deserve it? Raps fans should vote for both because they are clearly the best backcourt in the East right now (by the end of the season, who knows?). The game is up here. Some idiot coaches might think that Joe Johnson deserves that bench guard spot more than DD. Seriously.

Comment

Chicago played 3 less games and has the same number of losses, so theoretically they could be tied in 3 games time.

Washington is currently in 11th, they will not stay there, and wall is certainly a more known commodity among voters/coaches and I really cannot see anyone arguing that demar is a better player than Wall.

and pistons are actually above 500. dont think many people thought that would happen and Reggie/Drummond have been young, and made the mistakes of younger players, but they have both been really damn good.
        Washington sucks..... Wall/Beal will need help from the coaches

I can see Charlotte slipping, but we're basically tied with them right now anyways (both 1 game back of first place in the East).

There's a good chance both Kyle and Demar get voted in

At least one will be voted in and the other picked by the coaches. Both will be playing in the all-star game in Toronto 2016.

Book it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kyle Lowry
          21.6 PTS, 6.3 AST, 5.0 REB, 2.4 STL, .427 FG

DeMar DeRozan
          21.7 PTS, 4.2 AST, 4.2 REB, 0.9 STL, .436 FG

If these guys keep it up and end up with a top 3 record in the now tough East. Both of them will be playing in the all-star game. If not both starting. Keep it up boys!
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• He has won the last two games for us

Comment

I don't think kemba is more deserving than demar

That's a big guess on your part. Washington has been absolutly terrible this year. And consistently terrible

And unless the pistons magically jump in the top 3 of the east, they shouldnt/and will not have 2 all stars. Because drummond is a pretty much lock to get in

So in terms of guards in the east. Demar has a pretty good chance of making it in.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                I don't think kemba is more deserving than demar

That's a big guess on your part. Washington has been absolutly terrible this year. And consistently terrible

And unless the pistons magically jump in the top 3 of the east, they shouldnt/and will not have 2 all stars. Because drummond is a pretty much lock to get in

So in terms of guards in the east. Demar has a pretty good chance of making it in.
                i never said he wouldnt get in as of right now, it isnt a cake walk though

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  He is in a tier with Korver, Fournier, Joe, Reddick, Danny Green?, etc probably near the top. For 15-20M fine, anything more and its a huge overpay
                  I think most people are hoping DeRozan gets something somewhere in that range. It's only a few who think he deserves more than that... or deserves a lot less.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Kyle Lowry
                    21.6 PTS, 6.3 AST, 5.0 REB, 2.4 STL, .427 FG

DeMar DeRozan
                    21.7 PTS, 4.2 AST, 4.2 REB, 0.9 STL, .436 FG

If these guys keep it up and end up with a top 3 record in the now tough East. Both of them will be playing in the all-star game. If not both starting. Keep it up boys!
                    Maybe so. But if we think they're going anyway (and Butler's going ... maybe Wade too), shouldn't we, the Toronto fans make sure our guy is VOTED in?

If/When DeMar steps back into the ACC, before his own crowd, having been VOTED in ... different experience? ... Show the love ...
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Dec 12, 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      I think most people are hoping DeRozan gets something somewhere in that range. It's only a few who think he deserves more than that... or deserves a lot less.
                      Deserves ? I was under the impression that the market and salary cap and the ownership's willingness or lack of to spend money over and above are what dictates a players value, it really has nothing to do at all of the non professionals opinions ie everyone except the people being paid. I would argue that for someone to suggest 15 to 20 million is a complete joke the raptors999 suggests that anything over 20 is a huge overpay. in the world of mathematics that makes zero sense. Demar is going to get min 22 mil weather you me or anyone else likes it. I don't even know why i'm saying this, how to argue with non critical thinkers who assume they understand what they don't know, i'm going to go talk to the wall for a bit and ask it why its paint is white instead of brown. who is the cap guru, I think his name is DANH ......... I've read your post and you come across as intelligent...... can you do me a favor and let me know what you think Demar will get on the open market, id be really surprised if its under 24 mil. I don't want to know what you think he deserves, I want to know what you think he will get.

Comment

• This what is being put up so far this year by guys who are going to be held up as all stars

DD sure doesn't look like he is out of place at all...
                        Even compared to Wade and Butler...
                        So whats the debate about voting in the home town guy.... KC Royals fans stuffed the box for their guys... We can do the same...

Carmello 23GP, 7 of 18 avg from the floor, 5 of 6 from the line, 7rebs, 3 assists, 21.1 ppg
                        Dwayne Wade 19GP, 7 of 16 avg from the floor, 4 of 5 from the line, 4rebs, 4 assists, 18.6 ppg
                        Jimmy Elite Butler 20GP, 7 of 15 avg from the floor, 6 of 8 from the line, 5rebs, 3 assists, 20.9 ppg
                        Demar F. Derozan 23GP, 7 of 16 avg from the floor, 7 of 8 from the line 4rebs, 4 assists, 21.4 ppg
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 12, 2015, 01:43 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I genuinely don't care about the allstar game, who gets voted in or what not. It's a nice event for the kids and some charities but largely is ignored by the fan base and players are often just as happy to have the weekend off.

For the Raptors, only people who need to be there are Masai, Drake and the mascot. Lowry deserves to start but could use the weekend off. DD will likely make the team but could probably use the weekend off.
                          some one has been listening to their Tim and Sid. you should quote and site there opinion lol. As for your opinion "players are often just as happy to have the weekend off" ummmmm lol if you believe this then ok fine but I don't think you actually think that. rather I think you said that to support your statement. I could write a 30 page report on the importance of the all-star game to the players.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                            Deserves ? I was under the impression that the market and salary cap and the ownership's willingness or lack of to spend money over and above are what dictates a players value, it really has nothing to do at all of the non professionals opinions ie everyone except the people being paid. I would argue that for someone to suggest 15 to 20 million is a complete joke the raptors999 suggests that anything over 20 is a huge overpay. in the world of mathematics that makes zero sense. Demar is going to get min 22 mil weather you me or anyone else likes it. I don't even know why i'm saying this, how to argue with non critical thinkers who assume they understand what they don't know, i'm going to go talk to the wall for a bit and ask it why its paint is white instead of brown. who is the cap guru, I think his name is DANH ......... I've read your post and you come across as intelligent...... can you do me a favor and let me know what you think Demar will get on the open market, id be really surprised if its under 24 mil. I don't want to know what you think he deserves, I want to know what you think he will get.
                            Gotta listen to Clint, boys and girls ...

Not easy to "pull the trigger" (on big contracts) sometimes though, right?
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Dec 12, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Maybe my memory is foggy, but DD 2 yrs ago and Lowry last year seemed to play worse after they were chosen to to play in the AS game. TBH, I'd rather have 2 pissed off players with something to prove. That's just a selfish POV though.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                This what is being put up so far this year by guys who are going to be held up as all stars

DD sure doesn't look like he is out of place at all...
                                Even compared to Wade and Butler...
                                So whats the debate about voting in the home town guy.... KC Royals fans stuffed the box for their guys... We can do the same...

Carmello 23GP, 7 of 18 avg from the floor, 5 of 6 from the line, 7rebs, 3 assists, 21.1 ppg
                                Dwayne Wade 19GP, 7 of 16 avg from the floor, 4 of 5 from the line, 4rebs, 4 assists, 18.6 ppg
                                Jimmy Elite Butler 20GP, 7 of 15 avg from the floor, 6 of 8 from the line, 5rebs, 3 assists, 20.9 ppg
                                Demar F. Derozan 23GP, 7 of 16 avg from the floor, 7 of 8 from the line 4rebs, 4 assists, 21.4 ppg
                                fyi, since you are only looking at the most basic of stats.....

I would not pay melo or wade 18+ million either.

Butler is the only player worth 20 million on that list....and that is not for just his offense, but for his elite defense and and highly efficient offense

Comment

Working...
                                X