Has Everyone given up on DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    You and your damn iPhone, DeMar. Stop posting about yourself on RR and go practice 3s.
    I'm typing this in between my handles training session and my 3 point training session. I will bump my 3pt average to a respectable 35 percent this year.

#ProveEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

YES! There are five wings in the NBA finals I would rather have playing for the Raptors:
      - LBJ - no even the same species as Demar,
      - Klay Thompson - despite being not as good an athlete, better than Demar at every facat of the game,
      - the 'original' Iggy - doesn't have the same scoring punch, but much better defensively
      - Harrison Barnes - Iggy light
      - Shumpert - doesn't have have the offensive repertoire of DD, although percentages are similar; and better defender although 2 inches shorter

There are probably three dozen more in the rest of the NBA.

Comment

Given up on him? That would mean you had unrealistic expecations of him beinng kobe or vince. No, I thinnk what it is (actually I don't think, I know) is that a majority of us are not comfortable with a player of his skill set being the go to guy, centerpiece, what have you. And its probably too difficult in this cap world to keep him as a raptor while also acquiring one or two much better players.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          YES! There are five wings in the NBA finals I would rather have playing for the Raptors:
          - Klay Thompson - despite being not as good an athlete, better than Demar at every facat of the game,
          - the 'original' Iggy - doesn't have the same scoring punch, but much better defensively
          - Shumpert - doesn't have have the offensive repertoire of DD, although percentages are similar; and better defender although 2 inches shorter

Haha this guy would rather have iman shumpert. That's why these conversations never go anywhere. Everyone either loves or hates too much.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

see we all agree that he isnt a number one guy but the way i see masai building this team i don't think there will ever be a number one guy, and that's not a bad thing. I think the reason why masai has put emphasis on culture and continuity is because he wants this team to become like the 2004 pistons. A team that wins by using every single player and running like a synergised, well oiled machine. If we get middleton, draft harrell, and get the team to buy into this mentality, we could be looking at a good team next year. Because this mentality will do wonders for JV and demar as a duo, middleton will be fed easy points like draymond green with the warriors ball movement crazed offense. And well guys like harrell and Lowry will be fine either way cuz harrell don't need no plays for him and lowry is a bulldog who will find his way, plus masai can talk him into this. Also, maybe ppat won't be stuck playing like channing frye...

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post

I highly disagree, this playoffs/finals series has proven to me more than anything that he's one of the most overhyped players in the league on both sides of the ball, as well as being one dimensional offensively

Comment

DeMar just seems dumb and stubborn to me. Why not move back 6" and bomb away 3s at 37% (which is great) as opposed to bombing away at über long 2s at 37% (which is awful).

Really, if he just turned all of his awful long 2s into 3s he'd be way more valuable. And tolerable. And probably a regular all-star.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  DeMar just seems dumb and stubborn to me. Why not move back 6" and bomb away 3s at 37% (which is great) as opposed to bombing away at über long 2s at 37% (which is awful).

Really, if he just turned all of his awful long 2s into 3s he'd be way more valuable. And tolerable. And probably a regular all-star.
                  Well, because he can't.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Not at 37%.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

Buddy thats not how shooting works

Comment

All DeMar needs to be more efficient is a faster paced offense where the ball is moved better.

Exchange two of those iso fadeaway long-two bricks a game for dunks or layups, and he's shooting high 40s in FG% instead of low 40s and closer to 54-55 TS%. Would also help if he wasn't the #1 option on offense, but that would require us to acquire a top 10-15 scorer.

Comment

Derozan is an expiring playing under Casey. Expect a sub 30% FG while taking 40 shots a game. Replace Lous end of quarter heaves with Derozan foot on the three point line fade aways

Comment

DeRozan just needs to fix his defense, handles and shooting.....you know.....the things he's been trying to fix for 5 years.

But this is the year he puts it all together, trust me.

#ProveThem #GrammaticalCorrectness

Comment

QuadrupleDouble wrote: View Post
                              Buddy thats not how shooting works
                              Buddy, if you spend the same amount of time practicing shots from behind the 3 point line instead of just infront of it, that's exactly how shooting works.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                DeRozan just needs to fix his defense, handles and shooting.....you know.....the things he's been trying to fix for 5 years.

But this is the year he puts it all together, trust me.

#ProveThem #GrammaticalCorrectness
                                unfortunately the game is not played in walmart aisles, so he can't apply his handles training.

Comment

Working...
                                X