Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    I think the video a page back was saying Ellenson was aroung 50% from the corners, and then a lot lower on all other 3s. Since the corners aren't any shallower than elsewhere on the NCAA 3-point line, this is unlikely to be a range issue and is more likely to be a 'flow of offense' issue: that he's got a high percentage from the corners because he's got his feet set and space to get the shot off easily, and lower elsewhere because he's shooting more contested, off-the-dribble 3s, in an offence that is asking him to create in ways that no NBA offence would. That's the sort of thing you can check in workouts though. It sounds as though he has shot the ball well in workouts including with the Raptors, so this would support the idea that range is not the problem.
    But what's the point of a big who can't be used on a basic pick and pop? This is a top 10 pick. he's shooting these numbers from the college three. I'm not saying he's not good. But add his poor defense, lack of explosiveness to it and he's a bench big at best who matures into a very poor man's Kevin Love. That's not a top 10 pick. If Masai really likes him, and trades back, that's a completely different conversation.

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
      Even more surprising :

Calipari, appearing on ESPNU’s College Basketball podcast, said Murray is “the safe No. 1.” Calipari added that he’s had No. 1 picks who have been an MVP (Derrick Rose) and a rookie of the year (Karl-Anthony Towns).
      You're surprised Calipari is pushing his own player as the best in the draft?

Dude is as much a salesman as he is a coach. Kentucky doesn't win on the court, they win in the recruitment period.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Dude is as much a salesman as he is a coach. Kentucky doesn't win on the court, they win in the recruitment period.
          He's right though in saying Philly is starved for both shooting and somebody, anybody to play backcourt. They would be stupid not to take him. What good is simmons, Okafor, possibly Noel and embiid if you still have d leaguers handling distributing and shooting the ball?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            He's right though in saying Philly is starved for both shooting and somebody, anybody to play backcourt. They would be stupid not to take him. What good is simmons, Okafor, possibly Noel and embiid if you still have d leaguers handling distributing and shooting the ball?
            You don't pass up BPA at #1 to take a better fit. If you came last in the league everything needs improvement.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Calipari's statement is not the surprise,it's Murray believe he's the "best player is the draft" that surprise me,i like Murray a lot,but I wonder if he's the better talent instead of better fit.

Comment

• Murray might become ROY but he's not the best player in this draft.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Love that he refers to himself in the 3rd person lol. Baby Biz or Deyonta in the draft and I'm happy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    These projection don't mean a damn thing. One day a player is 10th the next thier 3rd. After the first two picks this draft is a crapshot. A lot of scouts are projecting him to be an early second rounder. We know if Masai likes someone he isn't scared to reach for them.

I feel that Wright will be in a package this summer. No minutes for him and he's ready to contribute. I think Masai wants a younger 3rd PG he can develop in the D League. Would explain why he went to see Dejounte Murray workout in Cleveland last week.
                    So trade our backup pg who is ready to play because we dont have minutes for him for another backup pg who isnt ready and needs dleague minutes to improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                      Calipari's statement is not the surprise,it's Murray believe he's the "best player is the draft" that surprise me,i like Murray a lot,but I wonder if he's the better talent instead of better fit.
                      Jaylen Brown thinks he is too and so does Brandon Ingram. To be a great player you have to have the utmost confidence in yourself.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jaylen Brown thinks he is too and so does Brandon Ingram. To be a great player you have to have the utmost confidence in yourself.
                        I like a prospect to be confident not over,it brings some memories,last time I heard such claim(one thinks he's best player in the draft) was last year,if i'm not mistaken he went 10th to Miami (yes Winslow).
                        Ps: if same could happen with Raptors able to draft Murray at 9 i'll take it.

Comment

Anybody that is projected top 5 SHOULD say that. It's just smart business.

Media guy: so where do you see yourself in this draft class?
                          Murray: yknow there's at least a few guys clearly better than me, take me at like 6th and give me way less money on my rookie deal.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            So trade our backup pg who is ready to play because we dont have minutes for him for another backup pg who isnt ready and needs dleague minutes to improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I would trade our 3rd string PG cause he wont play. He happens to be the same age as the player a head of him. Cory Joseph isnt going anywhere soon. I don't think Masai would of drafted Wright if he knew Cojo would be available. Also I don't think his ceilling is higher than Cojo. Dejounte Murray on the other hand is for years younger and can develop behind Lowry/Cojo. Murray also has a higher ceilling than both Cojo and Wright.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I would trade our 3rd string PG cause he wont play. He happens to be the same age as the player a head of him. Cory Joseph isnt going anywhere soon. I don't think Masai would of drafted Wright if he knew Cojo would be available. Also I don't think his ceilling is higher than Cojo. Dejounte Murray on the other hand is for years younger and can develop behind Lowry/Cojo. Murray also has a higher ceilling than both Cojo and Wright.
                              I agree wright was brought in as backup until cojo came along. It wouldnt be fair to wright to have him sit in the d league and garbage minutes 2 straight years. He's ready and isn't that young. If you replace him with a 19 or 20 year old pg with upside he can marinate for 2 years until cojo contract expires and/or lowry moves on so he can step in to the rotation then

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Anybody that is projected top 5 SHOULD say that. It's just smart business.

Media guy: so where do you see yourself in this draft class?
                                Murray: yknow there's at least a few guys clearly better than me, take me at like 6th and give me way less money on my rookie deal.
                                True,but also realistically it is unanimous out there Simmons Ingram are the top two picks(talent wise).

Comment

Working...
                                X