Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I don't think any team that is in position to pick Simmons even answers the phone to field trade offers.

Overall our trading position isn't as strong as some other teams. If there is a marquee guy falling in the draft and a team is willing to move down, we would lose any bidding war to Boston (who offered tons of picks to move up to get Winslow last year).
    I still can't believe Charlotte turned that down. They most likely would have been able to get their guy with one of Boston's picks anyways.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      I still can't believe Charlotte turned that down. They most likely would have been able to get their guy with one of Boston's picks anyways.
      4 mid first round picks over a couple years isn't good. You lose a quarter of the roster to useless rookies

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        If it were any team besides Charlotte or Sacramento, then I'd be surprised.

They really believed that Kaminsky offered a skill set they desperately needed. He might but it will always likely be a bad call.

Boston is in a great position to make a big deal. My prediction is that they make a move with Philadelphia on draft night for either Noel or Okafor. The pairing in Philly doesn't work well and Boston can offer a package of picks and young players. Okafor for Olynyk and picks. Olynyk would fit very well next to Noel.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Imma just let this sit here.

Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Fri Dec 11, 2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            If it were any team besides Charlotte or Sacramento, then I'd be surprised.

They really believed that Kaminsky offered a skill set they desperately needed. He might but it will always likely be a bad call.

Boston is in a great position to make a big deal. My prediction is that they make a move with Philadelphia on draft night for either Noel or Okafor. The pairing in Philly doesn't work well and Boston can offer a package of picks and young players. Okafor for Olynyk and picks. Olynyk would fit very well next to Noel.
            Honestly there is a team, Boston, in need of a C with gazillions of picks and a team , Philly with gazillion Cs who want nothing but picks and yet .....

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Honestly there is a team, Boston, in need of a C with gazillions of picks and a team , Philly with gazillion Cs who want nothing but picks and yet .....
              Knowing Ujiri, we might select Cheick Diallo with Denver or Knicks pick, his a great rebounder but lack offensive game. I don't think Labissiere, Simmons, Brown, JMurry or even Ivan Rabb is in our mix. Although the darkhorse of the pick is we trade up and grab Dragan Bender and mold him into a Porzingis 2.0 or Pau Gasol. However, from what I see, if we keep the pick, our best bet is Cheick Diallo at PF. I hope he turns into a starting PF as opposed to a Al Faroq Aminu which isn't bad, a journeyman at best. Could be a Terrence Jones 2.0 in the making. As for our late first round pick, I say we grab a SG in case DeRozan bolt for another team. Caris Levert is a decent option so is Greyson Allen (JJ Redick 2.0). Do we have a second round pick this year?

Comment

• I don't mind Diallo, but if Diallo and Ellenson are both still on the board, who would you go for? Both rebound well, Diallo's got the defensive game, Ellenson's got the offense. Both are athletic, though Diallo is more athletic. I'm not convinced about Diallo's starter potential, particularly alongside JV, where I think you could have spacing problems. Alongside a stretch center, Diallo would look great though. Ellenson, on the other hand, has the right skillset that would be perfect alongside our other current starters, but he's probably a few years away from being good enough to start.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  I don't mind Diallo, but if Diallo and Ellenson are both still on the board, who would you go for? Both rebound well, Diallo's got the defensive game, Ellenson's got the offense. Both are athletic, though Diallo is more athletic. I'm not convinced about Diallo's starter potential, particularly alongside JV, where I think you could have spacing problems. Alongside a stretch center, Diallo would look great though. Ellenson, on the other hand, has the right skillset that would be perfect alongside our other current starters, but he's probably a few years away from being good enough to start.
                  I've never seen a person that tall run that fast. I think it was Bill Simmons who said judge centers on there ability to run, and boy can Ellenson run.

Comment

• So as it stands we will have a pick in the 10 - 20 range and 15 - 25 range

I started looking at guys I like in that range and a few names popped out at me as potential value

Denzel Valentine if either pick lands in the 15 - 20 range

Zhou Qi if he falls to around the 23- 25 mark

Jamal Murray if for some reason he lands at 10

I don't see any potential stars past the first 7 picks (Jamal is 7th on draftexpress) but Simmons looks like a monster.

I'm not sure of the fit for any of these guys, but you an always sort that out after
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      So as it stands we will have a pick in the 10 - 20 range and 15 - 25 range

I started looking at guys I like in that range and a few names popped out at me as potential value

Denzel Valentine if either pick lands in the 15 - 20 range

Zhou Qi if he falls to around the 23- 25 mark

Jamal Murray if for some reason he lands at 10

I don't see any potential stars past the first 7 picks (Jamal is 7th on draftexpress) but Simmons looks like a monster.

I'm not sure of the fit for any of these guys, but you an always sort that out after
                      Valentine would be a great fit; he's an ideal do-it-all guy who could really boost the bench. He can score, rebound, and make plays. His defence isn't great, but he's a swiss-army-knife player on offence, ideal bench or 5th starter guy. Smart player and a leader. His stock could fly up the boards though, as he is the #1 guy (by a long shot) on the #1 team in the nation right now.

If we ended up with Murray and Valentine, I'd be ecstatic.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I went to the Zags - Tennessee game today and Sabonis went off. 36 points (on 75%) and 16 boards. First half they didn't double him and he scored at will. He dominated on the right block and had a few good drives as well. He made a nice jumper from just inside the three point line, and looked pretty good from the free throw line. His stroke looks pretty good, so i think he has potential from the mid range. In the second half they started doubling and he dealt with it pretty well, finding open guys. His defense however was suspect.

Comment

• Ben Simmons really does look Lebron-esque at times. Scary good. If the NBA draft is truly fixed, then he's going to end up in LA or Boston.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Ben Simmons really does look Lebron-esque at times. Scary good. If the NBA draft is truly fixed, then he's going to end up in LA or Boston.
                            To bad his jumpshot is awful, even when lebron was 17 he could at least make an open shot once in awhile. Simmons is a horrific shooter
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              To bad his jumpshot is awful, even when lebron was 17 he could at least make an open shot once in awhile. Simmons is a horrific shooter
                              yea this Lebron comparison is too much. Simmons is more Lamar Odom than Lebron James. Lebron was a freak train at his age.

Comment

• I think this summer we may need to trade 1 or 2 of Bruno, Powell, Bebe, or Wright, or one of our picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X