Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Anyone but Poetl.
    Agreed. I just don't think Poetl will be effective at the next level. Would much rather have Sabonis at #9.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      I watched the NBA TV mock draft and they also hated Skal. But they loved Thon Maker which confused me since there very similar.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      Yeah, was NBA TV actually. They thought Dunn was going to be an all star and possibly best player in the draft. They thought Murray's game was NBA ready right now - best scorer in the draft. Seemed like their top 4 was Simmons, Ingram, Dunn and then Murray. Makes you wonder why they had Bender and Chriss at 3 and 4 really. They did say huge potential but very raw. They pretty much trolled Skal.

Comment

• The three players rumored to be targets for the Raptors are Poeltl, Domantas Sabonis and Skal Labissiere
        http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story...berwolves-more

Sounds like Russian roulette. Skal is the one in the chamber. Poeltl sounds like he'll be good. Just not fitting. I can live with him or Sabonis though I guess...

Poeltl would be good trade bait later.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          Agreed. I just don't think Poetl will be effective at the next level. Would much rather have Sabonis at #9.
          Plus we don't really need a C.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Plus we don't really need a C.
            He might turn around and deal him for a PF later for all we know. If they draft him it's sort of an indictment on Sabonis because he makes sense at 9.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              It doesn't matter what Bosh wanted. The reason the team fell so hard in the closing years of the Vince Carter era was because they started listening to what Vince Carter wanted instead of building by their own plan.

Bosh would have been happy if they were winning. Aldridge was his friend, they worked out together in the summer months. It's no wonder he wanted him.
              Yeah Vince and his mom got annoying but the entire backcourt got injured. They fired Grunwald, hired Babcock, drafted araujo. Maybe they'd have been better hiring dr.j? Certainly better if they hadn't fired Grunwald and that's not on Vince. It's not so cut and dry to just point the finger at Vince and I think he did more positive than Richard peddie.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                A little more of Sabonis shooting here.

Lot of video of him going half assed on light weights.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I don't like any bigs tbh. I like Sabonis more than Plottlll, but both are centers.

I guess I wouldn't mind Deyonta Davis, but he's so raw. i like the foundation, but there's no house yet. there's a chance that he develops into a good fit for us at PF.

I've seen too little of Hernangomez and Bender, I did like what I saw. I know a college scout who studied Bender deeply and thinks he'll be the best player in this draft, for what it's worth.

Marquesse Chriss terrifies me, he's just such a softy. I see the talent, I see why people like him. I liked his teammate the Murrican Murray more.

Comment

It doesn't matter what Bosh wanted. The reason the team fell so hard in the closing years of the Vince Carter era was because they started listening to what Vince Carter wanted instead of building by their own plan.

Bosh would have been happy if they were winning. Aldridge was his friend, they worked out together in the summer months. It's no wonder he wanted him.
                    In hindsight, it did matter what Bosh wanted... because he was right. I don't think Smitch wanted Bargs either.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Yeah Vince and his mom got annoying but the entire backcourt got injured. They fired Grunwald, hired Babcock, drafted araujo. Maybe they'd have been better hiring dr.j? Certainly better if they hadn't fired Grunwald and that's not on Vince. It's not so cut and dry to just point the finger at Vince and I think he did more positive than Richard peddie.
                      I think they had to fire Grunwald. If I remember correctly he was publicly critical of Richard Peddie and a few other top brass right near the end. Then Babcock came in and they got what they wanted, their puppet. Boy did that phase go over well.

golden wrote: View Post
                      In hindsight, it did matter what Bosh wanted... because he was right. I don't think Smitch wanted Bargs either.
                      It doesn't matter if he was right. He's not an executive, he's not a professional in that regard. You can't discriminatly listen to a guy with no scouting or management experience and take the times he's right and go with it. You'd need the ability to see the future and if they could see the future they wouldn't need him.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 23, 2016, 10:02 AM. Reason: .

Comment

I think they had to fire Grunwald. If I remember correctly he was publicly critical of Richard Peddie and a few other top brass right near the end. Then Babcock came in and they got what they wanted, their puppet. Boy did that phase go over well.

It doesn't matter if he was right. He's not an executive, he's not a professional in that regard.
                        Ah, the New Era marketing campaign, featuring: Sam Mitchell, Rob Babcock and Wayne Embry. You know your franchise is doing great when its marketing campaign features the head coach, the GM and a senior advisor to the GM.....

On an entirely unrelated matter and nothing to do with anything noted above, two members of the Raptors coaching tree just landed significant promotions in LAL and Minny with two high profile head coaches.
                        Last edited by slaw; Thu Jun 23, 2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Were a few hours away.

I can't wait to see all of us going WTF later tonight.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

It doesn't matter if he was right. He's not an executive, he's not a professional in that regard. You can't discriminatly listen to a guy with no scouting or management experience and take the times he's right and go with it. You'd need the ability to see the future and if they could see the future they wouldn't need him.
                            Miami listened to Lebron and acquired Shabazz Napier. That worked out well, except for Lebron still left for Cleveland and Shabazz being so awful he was traded for a top-55 protected 2nd a year later.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Were a few hours away.

I can't wait to see all of us going WTF later tonight.
                              Masai gonna sign the Croatian Lebron James, or the Indian Yao Ming that we will have to google.

Comment

• “Watson doesn’t answer questions of who the best trade pick would be—rather it compares them on different dimensions,” explained Jon Lenchner, the scientist who led the IBM Sports Insights Central project.

For example, if the Raptors were measuring college basketball prospects, Watson could quickly crunch the numbers and display a comparison of their stats on shooting, assists, and rebounds. Compare that to drafts of past years, in which the Raptors would use whiteboards with player stats printed on magnets, and call up statisticians each time they wanted new information, recalled Lenchner, who visited the Raptors’ headquarters while IBM was developing the software. In the days before Watson, the whole process was much more laborious and time consuming.

“They realized they could do a lot better,” said Lenchner, who recently moved to Nairobi as the Chief Scientist of IBM Research Africa.

Even before Watson came along, the Raptors were tech-savvy. They have access to one of the NBA’s leading analytics teams, and have developed a wide range of tools, including a way to use data from the SportVU camera tracking system to model the best moves a player could make.

Still, they’re not looking to speak publicly about their work ahead of the draft, and you can’t blame them—there’s a lot at stake. The Raptors’ analytics team declined Motherboard’s request for an interview. The team actually hasn’t spoken publicly about using Watson since the initial launch, when general manager Masai Ujiri joked: “When the trades start going the other way I’m going to blame IBM.”

Comment

Working...
                                X