Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    If Murray drops, Murray. If not, Sabonis:

+ An elite rebounder - which we need at the 4 - and a solid passer for his position
    + A solid defender with a quality motor
    + There's evidence that he's got a decent jumper that he just didn't have the opportunity to employ at Gonzaga (seriously, go back and look at his NCAA tournament highlights; his shooting form is good. Not great, but good)
    + High ball IQ
    + Widely considered to be ready to contribute immediately
    + He speaks Lithuanian, which means the opportunity to run surprise plays with Jonas is there (this is a minor thing, but a fun one)

Really, the big knock against Sabonis is that he's not "athletic," which mostly means "he doesn't jump high and block shots." But shot-blocking, while dramatic, is the least important part of defense. His low-end comparison is Luis Scola; getting Scola as a 9th pick would be excellent return.
    Scola -the Argentinian legend - as his floor is ridiculous. 35 year old Scola maybe.

Comment

Really, the big knock against Sabonis is that he's not "athletic," which mostly means "he doesn't jump high and block shots." But shot-blocking, while dramatic, is the least important part of defense. His low-end comparison is Luis Scola; getting Scola as a 9th pick would be excellent return.
      He's not athletic nor does he have good length (bad combo for a big man). But whatever, I've come to accept Sabonis with the pick. At least he'll be a good role player.

Comment

• One of 2 players I want from this draft Jaylen brown or caris levert how it gets done don't matter we need one of those 2 players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I find it kind of ironic. After all the hating done on this forum on Scola and now everyone favourite prospect is a Scola clone. Watched more videos on Sabonis his pretty much Scola 15 years younger but, with blonde hair.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• wrooster wrote: View Post
            Respectfully disagree - we don't have any guards that are better then Jamal Murray now.

Comment

• Who does Sabonis shoot like with that leftie butt-shot? Terrence Jones? Maybe a little Michael Redd😉

Comment

• That's his pick. There is no need to debate it. Just post your own. We're locking in.

Rules again:

Let's just assume the top 8 go as planned. You have weighed the players positives and warts so no need to debate.

You're on the clock - who are you picking at 9 and why?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I find it kind of ironic. After all the hating done on this forum on Scola and now everyone favourite prospect is a Scola clone. Watched more videos on Sabonis his pretty much Scola 15 years younger but, with blonde hair.
                  C'mon, you gotta be able to see the difference between Scola's peak skillset, and Scola's aged production.

Comment

• I actually like Hermangomez for the PF we need to replace Scola, if he's still there at 27. He's 20, has range and his defence is improving. The experience in Europe makes me think He'd be able to manage at least backup minutes next season. Then you could maybe use 9 for a wing, or 9 + a player to move up if you really love someone (Murray for me)

Comment

• Let's say Raps draft Sabonis and Masai still goes after that elusive starting caliber 4. Where does that leave 2pat?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Let's say Raps draft Sabonis and Masai still goes after that elusive starting caliber 4. Where does that leave 2pat?
                        Presumably outgoing in that trade for the PF, or Sabonis takes some backup C minutes (or isn't deemed as ready by Masai as by others).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• To answer the question of who I take at 9 (assuming the top 8 are gone), I take Skal.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Murray drops, Murray. If not, Sabonis:

+ An elite rebounder - which we need at the 4 - and a solid passer for his position
                            + A solid defender with a quality motor
                            + There's evidence that he's got a decent jumper that he just didn't have the opportunity to employ at Gonzaga (seriously, go back and look at his NCAA tournament highlights; his shooting form is good. Not great, but good)......
                            Not to be repetitive but only Masai knows this. If he thinks he has a trade set up for a starting 4 then we don't "need" one and you're back at square one. That's what makes picking by need so tough. Can't wait to see how this goes down. It's always anticlimactic but with the Rose-Knicks deal kicking things off, things could go nuts.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Presumably outgoing in that trade for the PF, or Sabonis takes some backup C minutes (or isn't deemed as ready by Masai as by others).
                              Glad you said that. Question, if Raps sent ross + 2pat and 27 for Thad Young. Does that clear up some cap space for BB?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                To answer the question of who I take at 9 (assuming the top 8 are gone), I take Skal.
                                DanH you locking it in? Can you summarize your reasoning for this?

Comment

Working...
                                X