Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Watching OKC play Ibaka has lost a lot of what made him great, and he was clearly below Kanter and Adams on that team. I'm worried it's not a factor of not enough minutes but rather that he is in decline.

For me this would be like when we signed Carroll, all signs point to him being right but it just doesn't feel right, it feels like a guy who is just past the point of truly helping us.
    Part if ibakas problem is hes moved to far away from the basket. Yeah yeah, pace and space, but fuck the guy was so efficient inside 15 ft I don't know why everybody has to transform into a guy who stands outside the arc.

But he's 26, he's about 16 tiers above the corpse of Luis Scola, and at least a couple tiers better than pat. Youre getting way too picky. Kevin garnett in his prime is not available.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Part if ibakas problem is hes moved to far away from the basket. Yeah yeah, pace and space, but fuck the guy was so efficient inside 15 ft I don't know why everybody has to transform into a guy who stands outside the arc.

But he's 26, he's about 16 tiers above the corpse of Luis Scola, and at least a couple tiers better than pat. Youre getting way too picky. Kevin garnett in his prime is not available.
      If your definition of a successful addition is an improvement on Scola then you'll probably be happy with the guy we draft at 27. I'm just pointing out that 2016 Ibaka showed a lot of signs of being in heavy decline.

Edit: Having said that, you guys are right, we're not giving up much if it's the 9th and Ross. And with a year left on his contract it's an easy way to evaluate him.

Comment

• Raptors gotta get real and get productive on draft night..not drafting kids,but getting guys now..trading for establish players,this team should b competing for Championship..If not Kevin Durrant,than there guys who are in next tear who are available,Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap,Paul George..Raptors have plethora of 1st rd picks this year and next,plus they have guys,like T Ross, Bruno Caboclo, Norman Powell, Lucas Nogueira,Delon Wright,who are not playoff caliber talent, Powell played alright against Indiana,but that's 5 spots u can improve.
        If u don't want 2 go for championship and u don't think this core of players will get u there, then maybe u should go different route and strip it down and wait for Andrew Wiggins become available.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Raptors gotta get real and get productive on draft night..not drafting kids,but getting guys now..trading for establish players,this team should b competing for Championship..If not Kevin Durrant,than there guys who are in next tear who are available,Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap,Paul George..Raptors have plethora of 1st rd picks this year and next,plus they have guys,like T Ross, Bruno Caboclo, Norman Powell, Lucas Nogueira,Delon Wright,who are not playoff caliber talent, Powell played alright against Indiana,but that's 5 spots u can improve.
          If u don't want 2 go for championship and u don't think this core of players will get u there, then maybe u should go different route and strip it down and wait for Andrew Wiggins become available.
          I have a hard time believing andrew wiggins will be anything other than a sidekick anyways. Probably wind up being a notch better than demar.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            If your definition of a successful addition is an improvement on Scola then you'll probably be happy with the guy we draft at 27. I'm just pointing out that 2016 Ibaka showed a lot of signs of being in heavy decline.

Edit: Having said that, you guys are right, we're not giving up much if it's the 9th and Ross. And with a year left on his contract it's an easy way to evaluate him.
            I would say heavy decline is a rather large exaggeration. Hes still easily one of the top 10 power forwards when you factor in his defense he's closer to top 5. Guys like that don't grow on trees.

Comment

• So OKC is better than us and couldn't beat warriors and warriors couldn't beat cavs and neither could we; how does adding ibaka and giving up cojo and 2pat make us good enough to beat cavs? I agree it makes us better but still not enough.

Comment

• And Ibaka is 26, no reason to think he'd be entering a decline.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  KD expires this year. If you've got a championship core, you've got to go into luxury tax to keep it together.

TBH, Presti hasn't been all that sharp the last 4-5 years, starting with the Harden trade However, if he can get KD, Russ, etc... to take deep discounts to win, like the Spurs trio, then I'd be more impressed.
                  I think that Durnat stays in OKC .. he signs his max deal this year...term to be determined but he may want to sign for 5 and focus on winning that championship belt in OKC.

The cap rises again next year and thats when Russ is up.... If its a choice between Russ and Serge because you can't have both then see ya Serge.. I think Presti is looking down the road to next year and trying to get something now for Serge in the way of a pick and lower cost player so he doesn't lose him for nothing and he won't have to deal with Ibaka's Cap Hold. If he gets a useful piece for this years run so much the better and then he can trade that piece at next years draft for more space.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    So OKC is better than us and couldn't beat warriors and warriors couldn't beat cavs and neither could we; how does adding ibaka and giving up cojo and 2pat make us good enough to beat cavs? I agree it makes us better but still not enough.
                    No one is suggesting giving up CoJo and 2Pat. It's CoJo or 2Pat, and the question is which one we can afford more. Ross is the piece we figure is going to OKC no matter what.

Dan and I are both(I think) on board with giving up CoJo if we can get Payne back.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      And Ibaka is 26, no reason to think he'd be entering a decline.
                      This is up for debate though, right?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        No one is suggesting giving up CoJo and 2Pat. It's CoJo or 2Pat, and the question is which one we can afford more. Ross is the piece we figure is going to OKC no matter what.

Dan and I are both(I think) on board with giving up CoJo if we can get Payne back.
                        Is Payne that much better than Delon Wright? Neither can guard ones and twos like CoJo can.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            Is Payne that much better than Delon Wright? Neither can guard ones and twos like CoJo can.
                            Delon can guard.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                              This is up for debate though, right?
                              I guess.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Yeah, sorry I meant Ross + cojo or Pat. Gives us a better chance but I think we still lose. U?

Comment

Working...
                                X