Comment

• I hope Chad Ford is wrong.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
              Chad Ford has the Raptors picking Furkan Korkmaz
              ... come again?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                It looks like the Raptors could be picking as far back as 12 now and at 12 Brown certainly is a value pick. I find it funny you come down hard on him and yet you have a guy like Skal who is much less likely to translate to the pros. He seems like a smaller Bargnani waiting to happen only now he'll be going in the teens and won't have that big leash.

At 12 it's unlikely he's there. At 10-12 I like Sabonis.
                If your comparison to Bargs was purely for a "bust" reference, then fair enough, but I don't see any similarities between Skal and Bargs at all .. Skal is a very special player in my eyes (he wasn't the #2 ranked highschool player behind Ben Simmons for nothing) .. he's certainly very raw, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be a very good player.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                  Chad Ford has the Raptors picking Furkan Korkmaz
                  Not Ford, Pelton - they took turns.

They took Ellenson/Chriss 5/6.

Pelton: The Raptors would ideally get an athletic power forward who can stretch the floor, which means they're hoping to see Chriss slide.

Otherwise, they could take a chance on Kentucky's Skal Labissiere, whom Chad and I discussed last weekend. Alas, it's too risky for me to take a player with a negative projection for wins above replacement player by my model in the top 10, which rules out Labissiere and Brown.

In reality, I'd probably look for a trade.

Short of that, I considered Denzel Valentine as another wing option but ultimately decided Toronto has enough young talent (with an additional first-round pick coming in the 20s) and should draft Korkmaz with an eye toward stashing him overseas for a year or two.

Though my initial draft board didn't include international prospects, Korkmaz's limited Euroleague experience would put him in the top 10.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    If your comparison to Bargs was purely for a "bust" reference, then fair enough, but I don't see any similarities between Skal and Bargs at all .. Skal is a very special player in my eyes (he wasn't the #2 ranked highschool player behind Ben Simmons for nothing) .. he's certainly very raw, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be a very good player.
                    That's what they thought of another highly ranked high school recruit in his freshman year at Baylor. He ended up staying another year and his stock kept dropping. Perry Jones III?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      That's what they thought of another highly ranked high school recruit in his freshman year at Baylor. He ended up staying another year and his stock kept dropping. Perry Jones III?
                      Their games are nothing alike though, and Perry Jones was barely ranked Top-10 coming out of Highschool, in a pretty 'meh' class.

And if Jones entered the draft after his first year, he woulda been selected much higher, and likely into a much better situation where he could probably play through some of his mistakes, let alone actually play (unlike at OKC).

And Skals motor has never really been questioned (that I know of), where as with Perry it was a flag from Day-1.

Comment

• Why's everyone down on Korkmaz?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I mean symbolically. He's all hype and not worth the price of admission.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            Why's everyone down on Korkmaz?
                            Sorry who? Lol

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Why's everyone down on Korkmaz?
                              It looks good when I Google image search but I'm unfamiliar with the brand.

Comment

• Skal has some offensive game too. Cam shoot the mid range, can hook over either shoulder.

Compared to Brown the guy is super talented...Brown is just an athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X