No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main attraction here for NBA personnel, besides well-scouted Wooden Award candidate Denzel Valentine, is freshman Deyonta Davis, a potential lottery pick. Although he was a McDonald's All-American, Davis was not the most highly regarded player in his class, but has emerged nevertheless thanks to his tremendous physical tools and impressive versatility on defense. Davis has been a very reliable rebounder and rim-protector at the power forward position, helping to compensate for what is otherwise a rather unimposing Michigan State team physically. Although he doesn't produce eye-popping numbers, his ability to switch on screens and stay in front of players big and small has been huge for the Spartans, especially late in games. He came up with back to back defensive plays in the Big Ten Tournament Championship game that essentially sealed the win over Purdue. Casual fans should try and get to know him better as the Tournament moves on, provided Michigan State is able to advance, as there's a pretty good chance the NBA will be calling for him when the season is over.
    can anybody educate me on him?

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If he keeps the pick Masai will go with the most upside. In the range were in that's Skal.
      perhaps not...

I could see him snagging another senior, in line with the two he snagged last year
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I have three questions.

1.) Who is the most versatile player in the draft (can play and guard the most positions, gets steals, assists, rebounds etc.)

the reason I ask is because that is likely who Masai will pick given the chance

2.) Who is the closest to being NBA ready in our range?

3.) Who can we absolutely not pass on if they fall? (even if the fit is terrible we can trade them later)

BONUS QUESTION

who has the best late 1st round value? ( In case we don't trade this pick )
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I have three questions.

1.) Who is the most versatile player Timothe Luwawun the draft (can play and guard the most positions, gets steals, assists, rebounds etc.)

3.) Who can we absolutely not pass on if they fall? (even if the fit is terrible we can trade them later)

BONUS QUESTION

I can't say anything for certain regarding this draft and who will be available but Timothe Luwawu is a type of a player that Masai would pick so I would say that would be his default pick if the player he really wants would have already been selected.

Comment

• I would also say Luwawu to point 1 about versatile.

Comment

I have three questions.

1.) Who is the most versatile player in the draft (can play and guard the most positions, gets steals, assists, rebounds etc.)

BONUS QUESTION

I agree with the rest that #1 is most likely Luwawu. He can guard 1-4, hit 3's, and fills the box score categories. Right now he's probably our pick unless someone Masai really likes falls to us. He's also NBA ready after playing heavy minutes and being the best player on his pro ABA-Liga team all year.

As for 3.), the guy we can't pass on if he falls is Murray, and in my opinion, Hield too.

Really wish the draft wasn't so far away, I bet that all our predictions right now end up being pretty damn wrong, because the March mocks never end up being very accurate.

Comment

I have three questions.

BONUS QUESTION

1. Simmons
                2. Sabonis
                3. Murray/Rabb/Chriss

Bonus - no idea.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

I have three questions.

BONUS QUESTION

1. Simmons
                  2. Sabonis
                  3. Brown

Bonus: Denzel Valentine.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    1. Simmons
                    2. Sabonis
                    3. Murray/Rabb/Chriss

Bonus - no idea.
                    I can guarantee at least one of Murray/Rabb/Chriss will be available with the Knuggets pick. We'll probably have our choice between Rabb and Chriss.

Comment

• The more I watch on Davis the more I think he will make a great pro. Already makes his living on defense which will allow him to stay on the floor at the NBA level and develop, and he has good footwork in the post and is unselfish.

I think he should be our number 1 target on draft night unless he shoots up draft boards (which is possible)

To answer that bonus question, best late round value players include Caris LeVert and Jake Layman. Both seniors but who cares, they can ball.

LeVert shot 45% on 4.3 3pt attempts this past season with 5 assists and 5 boards...and is young for a senior (only 21). He also is having some left foot problems which keep him out of the lotto. I think the team that drafts him and figures out his left foot ends up with an all-star. DX has him as a role player at the next level but he is a 6'7" point guard for Michigan with great shooting skills...so basically a taller, longer, but skinnier Jamal Murray

Comment

• Ball4life's big board.

Bill Simmons
                        Brandon Ingram
                        Dragon Bender
                        Jamaal Murray
                        Jaylen Brown
                        Kris Dunn
                        Buddy Hield
                        Marquesse Chriss
                        Timothe LuwhoHahaha
                        Ivan Rabb

Anything beyond that trade the god damn pick

Comment

I have three questions.

BONUS QUESTION

1/ Ingram (Simmons has shied away from taking jump shots all year)

2/ Simmons overall. In our range? Hield

3/ Davis/Rabb/Murray/Brown

Bonus: Wayne Selden (if he declares)

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Ball4life's big board.

Bill Simmons
                            Brandon Ingram
                            Dragon Bender
                            Jamaal Murray
                            Jaylen Brown
                            Kris Dunn
                            Buddy Hield
                            Marquesse Chriss
                            Timothe LuwhoHahaha
                            Ivan Rabb

Anything beyond that trade the god damn pick
                            Former ESPN writer Bill Simmons would be a ballsy draft pick. He's 46, but with zero years playing basketball his legs must still be fresh.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Former ESPN writer Bill Simmons would be a ballsy draft pick. He's 46, but with zero years playing basketball his legs must still be fresh.
                              Yea I have Sacramento winning the lottery and screwing up their pick's name. And somehow foreseeing this happening, Bill Simmons submitting his name for the draft.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                If we draft Bill Simmons he'll pull a Steve Francis and not report.

Comment

Working...
                                X