The 2015/16 Eastern Conference Predictions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Well if Splitter's going to play the 2 AND the 5, I don't see how they don't take the first seed.
    lol, typo, supposed to be thabo.

Comment

With playoff seeding going to W/L record I wonder if the NBA will reduce the number on intra-division games from 4 to 3 and could play all conference teams 3 times each. 3 times 14 conference and 30 non-conference =72 games. You could portentously play another 10 games out of conference that would further balance schedule for overall league. Only 5 out conference teams would play twice everyone else three times. This would hurt Raptors but overall balance of league schedule would be improved

Comment

Not likely. Costs increase doing that.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I just think it's so lame that the NBA doesn't have any divisional rivalries.

Reducing the number of divisional games and making it not matter whether you win the division just makes that even worse. One of the best things about MLB and NFL are the divisional rivalries.

Comment

1. Cleveland ( if healthy watch out, another finals appearance )
            2. Milwaukee ( All arms and good D this team is going to the top)
            3. Toronto ( Better D, less ISO, less selfishness and better more reliable bench )
            4. Chicago ( same team with the same injury
            issues likely to resurface, new coach won't make them better over what Thibs done)
            5. Atlanta (Last season everything went right, I don't think they will be as good)
            6. Washington ( More dangerous in playoffs then the season)
            7. Orlando ( Young guys are hungry and finally ready to step up in the weak east to get into the playoffs
            8. Miami ( talented enough to get here if healthy, otherwise Charlotte or Boston will make them pay)

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              I just think it's so lame that the NBA doesn't have any divisional rivalries.

Reducing the number of divisional games and making it not matter whether you win the division just makes that even worse. One of the best things about MLB and NFL are the divisional rivalries.
              It's good and bad. The rivalries are great, but quite often good teams are 'punished' by playing in strong divisions, while a bad team in a terrible division waltzes into the playoffs by racking up wins against inferior competition, thanks to the unbalanced schedule.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                1. Cleveland ( if healthy watch out, another finals appearance )
                2. Milwaukee ( All arms and good D this team is going to the top)
                3. Toronto ( Better D, less ISO, less selfishness and better more reliable bench )
                4. Chicago ( same team with the same injury
                issues likely to resurface, new coach won't make them better over what Thibs done)
                5. Atlanta (Last season everything went right, I don't think they will be as good)
                6. Washington ( More dangerous in playoffs then the season)
                7. Orlando ( Young guys are hungry and finally ready to step up in the weak east to get into the playoffs
                8. Miami ( talented enough to get here if healthy, otherwise Charlotte or Boston will make them pay)
                The East is getting stronger. I like your upping of the Bucks. Chicago is overrated, they couldn't make ground on us until the very end of the season. I've written off the Hawks prematurely many times in the past, but their offseason doesn't excite me the way ours does - reinforced by taking Carroll away from them. The Magic are still so young as to be a total wildcard when MJ has gone the veteran route in Charlotte. If Wade can find some health, the Heat could be higher; if he can't, Winslow might fill in anyway.

Comment

We're gonna get 49 wins again, I can feel it!
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    We're gonna get 49 wins again, I can feel it!
                    We'll win at least 51

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Not likely. Costs increase doing that.
                      True. But there are a lot if proponents of 1-16 making playoffs regardless if conference. In that scenario you would need to look at ways to balance the schedule.

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and be on the positive side and say that we will win 57 games. Im really excited for this season it is a very interesting team MU has assembled

Comment

If im not mistaken Mack11 called it last year and got 49 wins correct.

but this year im feeling it lol. I say we win 52

Cavs (59-23)
                          Hawks (54-28)
                          Raptors (52-30)
                          Heat (49-33)
                          Bucks (48-34)
                          Wizards (46-36)
                          Bulls (45-37)
                          Pacers (41-41)

Boston
                          Pistons
                          Orlando
                          Hornets
                          NYK
                          Brooklyn
                          Philly

East is going to be much tougher however still no way near the West
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            True. But there are a lot if proponents of 1-16 making playoffs regardless if conference. In that scenario you would need to look at ways to balance the schedule.
                            Yah, but at a certain point the cost reality runs up against the ideal.

I don't think we will ever see 1-16 ranking, nor conference-balanced schedules. Certainly not in the foreseeable future.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Solid 50 just to keep the record breaking streak going!
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I predicted 51 wins last year and I'm going to predict it once again.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X