Everything Summer League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    so is dude joining out summer league team then? seeing what he can do before cuts?
    Oh, and he's already on the SL team. He's been playing (and playing pretty well) - Ujiri probably wanted to make sure no other teams gave him a tryout contract if he keeps showing well in SL.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thought Daniels was done for the year?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Oh, and he's already on the SL team. He's been playing (and playing pretty well) - Ujiri probably wanted to make sure no other teams gave him a tryout contract if he keeps showing well in SL.
        he's the dude that's playing SF? i THOUGHT that's who it was but i read somewhere he was on philly's SL team.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Well, he has a contract (if the rumour ends up being true). Which means he comes to training camp in all likelihood, and then maybe he gets one of the two remaining spots. His competition right now would appear to be Daniels (if he recovers by training camp, and it sounds like there's a good shot at that) and Powell (who appears to be a shoe-in). If he gets cut, he almost certainly gets assigned to our D-League team as an affiliate player.
          It is also a way to make playing in the DLeague more enticing as he will get paid to go to training camp.

No question he would make more than $25k overseas.

He is basically Carlos Morais.... an athletic training camp invite who really has no shot of making the team but is a great guy to have around to push others.

Comment

• i can't be expected to notice all these players when Bruno, Powell, Wright and Bebe are all on the floor it's too much for the senses
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              thought Daniels was done for the year?
              Typical recover is only a couple months. Durant's injury of this kind was weird.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                It is also a way to make playing in the DLeague more enticing as he will get paid to go to training camp.

No question he would make more than $25k overseas.

He is basically Carlos Morais.... an athletic training camp invite who really has no shot of making the team but is a great guy to have around to push others.
                For sure, and there may even be an understanding in place, that this deal is there to give him a pay raise in the D-League, and he'll get his real shot later if he shows he can improve yada yada yada.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For sure, and there may even be an understanding in place, that this deal is there to give him a pay raise in the D-League, and he'll get his real shot later if he shows he can improve yada yada yada.
                  Most young guys will spend a year or two in DLeague trying to get to the NBA.

If they don't, they then - typically - pursue $$$ overseas.

He played D League last year. I imagine he is giving it another crack before pursing opportunities to maximize earning.

Comment

• Anyone know if NBA TV is reshowing this game, missed it on Sunday.

Comment

• Anyone know what time our game vs Houston is on?
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Anyone know what time our game vs Houston is on?
                        That's today?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          That's today?
                          Yup

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Anyone know what time our game vs Houston is on?
                            10 pm ET
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              10 pm ET
                              Time to make a game thread

Comment

• Summer League Game #3 Raptors vs Rockets 10:00PM EST

Let's keep this streak going!

Raptors have dominated so far during Summer League play.

Norman Powell quickly proving that he shouldn't have been picked 46th overall.

Bruno has never met a shot he didn't like

Bebe and Delon have also impressed

Comment

Working...
                                X