This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Raptors 905's

they are definitely gonna put it close to Toronto, and hopefully in Canada. London would make a lot of sense, their NBL team gets like 7000 fans per game.

Beautiful misdirection by MU !!! Simply awesome.

Comment

no misdirection lol we are all well aware of the needs of this team... (new coach, Starting SF.PF and backup C to START with) but having a D league affiliate is a good piece of news and it'll be interesting to see where its based out of...

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
        they are definitely gonna put it close to Toronto, and hopefully in Canada. London would make a lot of sense, their NBL team gets like 7000 fans per game.
        Any legit source for that, seems very high to me, but that is great if true.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Why not make a Raptors NBL team, have them play out of Ricoh or GM Centre. Keep costs down, still playing against men. They would blow out a lot of teams, but still gaining confidence and being taught by the organization's coaching staff.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            London is good. Buffalo would be good too.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Any legit source for that, seems very high to me, but that is great if true.
              http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/02/bo...a-huge-cushion

they actually avg about 5500 fans per game but have had 7000 5x including a record setting 8700 once. I hope the D-league team ends up in London with that kind of support.

Comment

It's only right to put our D-League team in the inventor of basketball's hometown of Almonte, Ontario. BAM!

Comment

I don't know who Sea Dubs Central is, but...

Sea Dubs Central: For business purposes and to keep league costs down, Toronto's D-League franchise will operate stateside, not in Canada. - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toro....gOyZHkOT.dpuf

Comment

Makes sense close to GTA. Am sure they could easily support it. Selfishly would love it to be in Vancity. It'd do really well out here. I'd definitely go watch... And NBA isn't going to happen here, D league is best can hope for. Would help make raps truly a national organization.

Comment

It'd be great to see them in London, Montreal or even Vancouver(highly unlikely), but as others have said, I see upstate New York probably being the choice to avoid all border hassles. Rochester, Buffalo, Albany even? Wonder what their basketball scene is like in Albany... I doubt Syracuse since they have the Orangemen... Does Toledo have a team?

Comment

Montreal would be a good spot too and obviously much closer. south Ontario could work but the more south you get toward sarnia and Windsor, they can watch Pistons. Vancouver and Montreal are big urban cities with lots of basketball fans, and no basketball. It would only get those cities nor in to the raptors too. More so than cities in upstate NY or in Ohio.

Comment

I want the D-League team in Vancouver so bad...but there's probably a 1.03% chance of it happening.

But watching Bruno play would be fun.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            I want the D-League team in Vancouver so bad...but there's probably a 1.03% chance of it happening.

But watching Bruno play would be fun.
                            I used to have seasons for the Grizzlies. Was heartbroken when they left like a lot of fans. Couldn't have imagined being a raps fan back then. But then moved to TO for 4 years...

Vancouver would be a great spot for a D league team. I mean the nba wanted to move here, but ownership was incompetent and the exchange rate went to C$ worth 0.60 to the US$. It would be well supported here. I think it would be a jewel in the mlse crown.

Comment

Raptors officials have had preliminary discussions with Mississauga’s Hershey Centre as a possible home but they remain in their infancy. Mississauga is already home to a franchise in the National Basketball League of Canada and it’s difficult to see how both teams could thrive.

According to a senior D League official, average attendance in the just-completed season was about 2,700 per game.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ague-team.html
                              Canada would be great but Buffalo or Albany make a lot of sense as well for avoiding VISA and customs garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X