Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy League: Game #1 - e_wheazy v. Bobloblaw (Winner: e_wheazy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    ADJUSTMENTS/REBUTTALS

There's no official record of Bill Walton's height ever being 7'2- all reputable sites (bbref, ESPN, NBA's own website) - it was a worthy attempt but I'll take the official NBA records (http://www.nba.com/history/players/walton_summary.html) over speculation off of a couple of pictures (for arguments sake we'll also use that listed weight - 235lbs).

In terms of stopping KD, I feel like Kwahi can do a great job - not only does he have great defensive instincts and great BBIQ, but KD doesn't pose too many matchup problems for him (similar size, length, hands, energy levels), plus Bob's gameplan doesn't seem to feature him too prominently in ISO plays.

I think Reggie is being severely underrated offensively, here are some clips of him leaving some very talented defenders in MJ and Kobe as well as Ray Allen, in his dust:

http://www.gfycat.com/SpiritedDapperChimneyswift#

http://www.gfycat.com/SickLimitedBabirusa

http://www.gfycat.com/WeirdTemptingIcelandichorse

Don't get me wrong, Paul George is an awesome defender, who performs well against ball dominant guys -which Reggie isn't - and even if he's super quick and can run for days (which he will need to do, guarding Reggie) he hasn't yet developed the ability to run through screens, which Reggie is a master of using (especially not those set by Karl Malone and Dwight Howard):

http://www.gfycat.com/ThickEasygoingIrrawaddydolphin

http://www.gfycat.com/ScaredWavyDrever#

Reggie can absolutely light it up- he scored 8 points in 9 seconds - and even if you post him up and score two, he'll come back the next possession and nail a 3 in your face while getting fouled (all time leader in 4 point plays), but as a smart coach, if I see that Reggie is absolutely being abused on defense, I bring in Worthy, who is just as clutch and known as an excellent defender.

Edit: edited just to add the title of Rebuttals
    I think you're also omitting the mental toughness of Reggie. That guy was a competitor, never backed down from anyone and talked so much smack that would generally get under anyone's skin even some of the greatest players. Although I hate Reggie the broadcaster, Reggie the ball player was the real deal when it was time to compete.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
      I think you're also omitting the mental toughness of Reggie. That guy was a competitor, never backed down from anyone and talked so much smack that would generally get under anyone's skin even some of the greatest players. Although I hate Reggie the broadcaster, Reggie the ball player was the real deal when it was time to compete.

Oh most definitely! I only had 5 sentences to rebut though hahaha
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Geez this is a good match but I have to give it to wheazy. Well done to both players.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

SUPER tight match. Both teams have a scoring and a defensive wing to match up.

The Stockton Malone pick and roll is deadly but KG is exactly the type of defender to try and stop it.

Honesty, for me, it might come down to the bench scoring options. Rose, Worthy, Lanier offer more scoring than Billups, Cooper, Laimbeer.

Currently leaning e_wheazy
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Bump!
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Very good matchup. I think KG would be the best player in this game but overall, I'm voting for Wheazhy's team to pull out the W.

Comment

Sorry Bob, I gotta go Wheazhy as well .. I just love the combination of Stockton, Reggie, Kawhi and Malone. George, Durant and Garnett is a helluva matchup problem as well.

Really great write ups from both sides. Really enjoyed trying to imagine who would come out on top for this one. It was real close. Came down to a Reggie 3. He hit it.
                Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 8, 2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I vote BobLoblaw, very close match-up, i love both teams, too busy to type an in depth analysis on the matchup, sorry. Big fan of this legacy league, will have to get in it next year! Hopefully a more structured draft will be implemented, many kudos and much thanks to Axel for the idea and all of the hard work!!
                  SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Nice to see more people have voted than played. Lets get that number higher

Comment

Legacy League Game #1 - VOTE for the winner!!

This is one of the harder match ups to decide on. I think Walt Frazier would do really well in his matchup with Stockton, as he is much taller and stronger than him and could back him down in the post where he was very strong. I think wheazy has an explosive bench. Prime Derrick rose can be underrated, he was crazy good. Bobloblaw wins the front court matchup with Walton and garnet being two absolute beasts. I have to give the edge to bobloblaw because I believe he has a superior defensive team and they have enough offence to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Maury; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I vote for Bob
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

congratulations to Ewheazy

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            congratulations to Ewheazy
                            Thanks miek! And thanks for your vote!

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Thanks miek! And thanks for your vote!
                              lol, i voted for the big ticket. i am being humble in defeat. my team has a few sportsmanship awards. i am role playing

Comment

Legacy League Game #1 - VOTE for the winner!!

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                lol, i voted for the big ticket. i am being humble in defeat. my team has a few sportsmanship awards. i am role playing
                                Lol I didn't even realize. Awkward....

Wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, I just figured if you were congratulating me...

Comment

Working...
                                X