No announcement yet.

Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally still have a lot of faith in T-Ross. Think people have talked themselves into way over hating on the guy for things that really have no substance. Like my favourite one was the repeated calls of him being lazy or having a bad work ethic. There's almost no proof of that (even moreso when there have been other coaches (like Doc Rivers last summer) talking about the work he put in). I have no problem with not liking a player's performance on the court but don't make sh*t up or just assume things and then blame them for that too.

For a guy playing out of position at the SF and having a down year, he's still put up great shooting numbers. I think he'll be fine this season (even moreso if the system changes from the ISO-bs of last year). Personally still think he has the potential to be at least a solid starter in this league and even his floor is still a pretty good role player.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      He shoots.

That is what shooting guards do.

6'6" is ideal height for SG. He isn't a small forward.

Willing to disagree on this.
      But by NBA standards he is 6'7" there are more forwards in the league at 6'7" than there are guards......fact.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        But by NBA standards he is 6'7" there are more forwards in the league at 6'7" than there are guards......fact.
        Still willing to disagree.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
          Personally still have a lot of faith in T-Ross. Think people have talked themselves into way over hating on the guy for things that really have no substance. Like my favourite one was the repeated calls of him being lazy or having a bad work ethic. There's almost no proof of that (even moreso when there have been other coaches (like Doc Rivers last summer) talking about the work he put in). I have no problem with not liking a player's performance on the court but don't make sh*t up or just assume things and then blame them for that too.

For a guy playing out of position at the SF and having a down year, he's still put up great shooting numbers. I think he'll be fine this season (even moreso if the system changes from the ISO-bs of last year). Personally still think he has the potential to be at least a solid starter in this league and even his floor is still a pretty good role player.
          At a guess ... I think he'll have a better year. And we can afford to give him his chance, with less pressure and in a better role (defensively). He'll be somewhat productive, or a revelation ... or he won't. Crossed fingers. He could make us remember Lou Williams - but in the way one views black-and-white photos of long-dead ancestors in odd clothing.

Comment

Personally still have a lot of faith in T-Ross. .... I have no problem with not liking a player's performance on the court but don't make sh*t up or just assume things and then blame them for that too.

For a guy playing out of position at the SF and having a down year, he's still put up great shooting numbers. .... Personally still think he has the potential to be at least a solid starter in this league and even his floor is still a pretty good role player.
            Bingo. Very well said ... and timed, I think.

Comment

If only we could meld DeMars mentality with Ross' talent. Oddly enough it still wouldn't be as good as a prime VC.

Comment

Is he really that good of a shooter though? I'm not saying he's bad obviously because he did shooter 37% from three but he's just soooo inconsistent. He also misses a lot of wide open threes that are set up for him. Also I think for the fact that he does nothing else well on the court he needs to be shooting closer to 39-40%. To me he needs to be elite if he's not going to ever drive the ball and play mediocre defense. But I'm still not giving up on him because he was playing out of position and this season he's going to come of the bench and play lesser talent.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  Is he really that good of a shooter though? I'm not saying he's bad obviously because he did shooter 37% from three but he's just soooo inconsistent. He also misses a lot of wide open threes that are set up for him. Also I think for the fact that he does nothing else well on the court he needs to be shooting closer to 39-40%. To me he needs to be elite if he's not going to ever drive the ball and play mediocre defense. But I'm still not giving up on him because he was playing out of position and this season he's going to come of the bench and play lesser talent.
                  Question is how many player could have shot 37% with erratic use. TRoss also shot contested shots better than uncontested. Raptors did not have a functional offense last year regardless of ORtg.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    He shoots 10% higher on conested 3s than open 3s.

Ross is absolutely deadly from 3 when contested, which makes no sense lol
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Had a dream that Terrence Ross drained a game winning 3 in the NBA Finals.

Oh wait... that was me playing 2K

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        He shoots 10% higher on conested 3s than open 3s.

Ross is absolutely deadly from 3 when contested, which makes no sense lol
                        Soooo weird lol. I knew my eyes weren't failing me. Well let's hope he can improve on the uncontested 3's, then maybe his percentages would go up more.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Question is how many player could have shot 37% with erratic use. TRoss also shot contested shots better than uncontested. Raptors did not have a functional offense last year regardless of ORtg.
                          You're right. Well this is the last season I'm giving him to prove me wrong. If being healthy, playing his natural position and coming off the bench doesn't help him improve then I don't know what will.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            It probably has a lot to do with his body language. He sulks like a 12 year old when coach talks to him. Then you look at the fire in the eyes of lowry, derozan and JV, ross usually seems like hed rather be playing madden at his swanky condo.
                            You cant tell me that jv doesnt look like a 12 year old at times during games. Casey screwes both of them over by pulling them quickly and throwing them under the bus in interviews. Youd think that the guy would see that his approach wasnt helping to improve their play and he may try something new but he doesn't. Yes most of ross' issues on the court stem from himself, but it only makes sense that they are compounded by casey. I think he will improve and surprise people, not as a superstar or anything but maybe a solid 3 and D role player. The bone spurs plus soph slump (aka other teams learning tendencies etc.) and casey really took a toll and as long as he puts work in this summer he should be much improved.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              It probably has a lot to do with his body language. He sulks like a 12 year old when coach talks to him. Then you look at the fire in the eyes of lowry, derozan and JV, ross usually seems like hed rather be playing madden at his swanky condo.
                              That is quite opinionated.

And baseless.

Comment

Ross seems too... mentally balanced.

Great for regular day life.... but not so much for basketball.

Im torn. I like that he has he shit together, but also wish he was an unbalanced competitor type.

Gotta have that chip on the shoulder.
                                Need to HAVE to win.

I don't think Ross needs to win. But then I have never met this guy, and this post, is actually bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X