Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    To me it seemed like he is gonna be fine. He walked it off pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is after the game and especially the next morning when you find out how bad a sprain is.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Hmm. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again. JJ is a 3, not a 4. All his strengths are negated playing at the 4, and all his weaknesses easier to exploit.

Not worried about Patterson not shooting. They might just be looking to see what else he can do. If he's not shooting by the time the season starts it will be a concern. Until then, those plays are getting open shots, so that's good, and Patterson's probably trying to work on his counter.

Lowry looked great, CoJo too, Carroll carried the team for a good chunk of the game. Scola looked good with the bench. JV was good for stretches on both ends but still has a ways to go before the season starts. Nice pass to Lowry - see what happens when you move off ball during a post-up? Ross continues his positive-but-I'm-not-getting-too-excited play. DD was awful for the most part, though looked OK early in the second half. Weird choice on when to play Bruno - he came in when I expected to see JJ at the 3, then didn't get a minute with the scrubs later on, instead having CoJo out there in a super small Wright-CoJo-Powell lineup which I pray we never see again. Bruno though again looked like an NBA player but unspectacular, which is a great sign at this point. Biyombo had a pretty forgettable game, but he was fine.

Overall, decent. Again, stretches of good play on both ends. Still just spurts. But consistency should hopefully come over the next couple weeks.
      i think its the reverse. JJ cant shoot but closer to the basket his quickness and skills come out. DC as a 4 adds nothing

Comment

• I read that they are looking to play Powell as the backup 3 and have james solely play the 4. I don't know if it was meant just for this game or if this is what he's looking to do for the rest of the season. So maybe Powell won't get too many minutes on the 905 if that's the case. I don't like James solely at the 4 either but it is what it is. I don't think it negates ALL of his strengths but I definitely do like him better at the 3.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          I read that they are looking to play Powell as the backup 3 and have james solely play the 4. I don't know if it was meant just for this game or if this is what he's looking to do for the rest of the season. So maybe Powell won't get too many minutes on the 905 if that's the case. I don't like James solely at the 4 either but it is what it is. I don't think it negates ALL of his strengths but I definitely do like him better at the 3.
          JJ at the 4 is fine, but Powell at SF? No thank you.

Comment

• Biyombo really worked on his offense this summer. Had great drop step post move.

2pat played 16 mins 0pts, 1reb, 1ast 0-0 Fg

Scola played 17mins 9pts, 7reb, 4-6 FG 1-1 3FG

#FreeScola

Also I was impressed with JV's first assist of the preseason. Good look.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Oct 9, 2015, 10:26 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I compared DD to Swaggy and people got upset. They are more alike than different.
              They way I argue it is Swaggy P @ 7 mil/year is more valuable to any team than DD

DD's role has been a scorer, so if you are looking for that you might as well choose the better scorer (Young)

DanH wrote: View Post
              Hmm. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again. JJ is a 3, not a 4. All his strengths are negated playing at the 4, and all his weaknesses easier to exploit.

Not worried about Patterson not shooting. They might just be looking to see what else he can do. If he's not shooting by the time the season starts it will be a concern. Until then, those plays are getting open shots, so that's good, and Patterson's probably trying to work on his counter.

Lowry looked great, CoJo too, Carroll carried the team for a good chunk of the game. Scola looked good with the bench. JV was good for stretches on both ends but still has a ways to go before the season starts. Nice pass to Lowry - see what happens when you move off ball during a post-up? Ross continues his positive-but-I'm-not-getting-too-excited play. DD was awful for the most part, though looked OK early in the second half. Weird choice on when to play Bruno - he came in when I expected to see JJ at the 3, then didn't get a minute with the scrubs later on, instead having CoJo out there in a super small Wright-CoJo-Powell lineup which I pray we never see again. Bruno though again looked like an NBA player but unspectacular, which is a great sign at this point. Biyombo had a pretty forgettable game, but he was fine.

Overall, decent. Again, stretches of good play on both ends. Still just spurts. But consistency should hopefully come over the next couple weeks.
              I think JJ is the perfect small ball 4, when teams play a 3 at the 4.

Casey decided to play him against a legit 4 though, who was very quick and strong. I do think JJ played good defense, but Randle was just able to make tough shots.

------------------------------

Couple things I noted:

CoJo+Ross+Scola is a nice three man unit

Powell needs a ton of time in the classroom. He has no idea how to move within an offense when he doesn't have the ball. I liked his handles and he showed nice awareness with a pass to Biyombo. The 905 is much needed

Bruno wants to dribble or pass every time he touches the ball. Fuck you Dwayne Casey. We want him to shoot so teach him how to prep his shot. Other than that his defensive awareness was actually pretty good. Still a step slow coming around screens though...keep lifting them heavy things

All of our shooters want to over dribble (except Carroll). Dwayne Casey's only talent is to make people believe in following him, even though he turns them all into drooling idiots

JV had a blah game offensively. Still ended with 10 pts on 4/7 though. Raptors need to hit him on the move more, too much iso sets. I expect him to become less willing to take the jump shot as the season goes on, as per Casey's offensive style. Defensively JV had mostly good moments.

DD put up a perfect example game for "I'm-going-to-drive-not-beat-my-man-over-dribble-fuck-it-I'm-going-to-jump-oh-shit-what-do-I-do-now-hey-two-handed-overhead-twisting-in-air-behind-me-pass" game. Garbage. Worst thing is he always gets a couple of assists from doing it.

Can't wait for the season to start. Until then it's just preseason. By the end of the first month we should be able to tell what the team needs going forward, although I am forecasting an influx of intelligence. CoJo, Scola, Carroll, and Wright are a such a nice breath of fresh air.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Well Powell has the wingspan and strength to play it he's just undersized in terms of height. But who is going to play back up small forward mins if JJ is solely a 4. Bruno isn't ready yet and they don't want Ross and Demar playing out of position if they don't have to so Powell is the only option really. I don't mind giving it a chance and seeing how it works out. If it doesn't he will have to rethink the whole JJ not playing the 3 thing.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  i think its the reverse. JJ cant shoot but closer to the basket his quickness and skills come out. DC as a 4 adds nothing
                  Just like to say Carroll had played the 4 throughout his college career. So its nothing new to him.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    They way I argue it is Swaggy P @ 7 mil/year is more valuable to any team than DD

DD's role has been a scorer, so if you are looking for that you might as well choose the better scorer (Young)

I think JJ is the perfect small ball 4, when teams play a 3 at the 4.

Casey decided to play him against a legit 4 though, who was very quick and strong. I do think JJ played good defense, but Randle was just able to make tough shots.

------------------------------

Couple things I noted:

CoJo+Ross+Scola is a nice three man unit

Powell needs a ton of time in the classroom. He has no idea how to move within an offense when he doesn't have the ball. I liked his handles and he showed nice awareness with a pass to Biyombo. The 905 is much needed

Bruno wants to dribble or pass every time he touches the ball. Fuck you Dwayne Casey. We want him to shoot so teach him how to prep his shot. Other than that his defensive awareness was actually pretty good. Still a step slow coming around screens though...keep lifting them heavy things

All of our shooters want to over dribble (except Carroll). Dwayne Casey's only talent is to make people believe in following him, even though he turns them all into drooling idiots

JV had a blah game offensively. Still ended with 10 pts on 4/7 though. Raptors need to hit him on the move more, too much iso sets. I expect him to become less willing to take the jump shot as the season goes on, as per Casey's offensive style. Defensively JV had mostly good moments.

DD put up a perfect example game for "I'm-going-to-drive-not-beat-my-man-over-dribble-fuck-it-I'm-going-to-jump-oh-shit-what-do-I-do-now-hey-two-handed-overhead-twisting-in-air-behind-me-pass" game. Garbage. Worst thing is he always gets a couple of assists from doing it.

Can't wait for the season to start. Until then it's just preseason. By the end of the first month we should be able to tell what the team needs going forward, although I am forecasting an influx of intelligence. CoJo, Scola, Carroll, and Wright are a such a nice breath of fresh air.
                    Dd leads are team in assist in preseason so far....
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      1 word - preseason.

Don't think you'll see Powell at the 3 this year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Dd leads are team in assist in preseason so far....
                        well, Lowry only played 2 games. so just stop with your continued misplaced praises.

and he doesnt lead the team, Lowry does.

Demar is second.

and he is the second highest usage player on the starting lineup, and he is the worst shooter on the starting lineup-9th worst on the team, he hasnt made a three pointer yet(wow, his work in the offseason sure looks to be working so far) his defense has been abysmal, his passing has been more bailout and forced.

Demarre Carroll is already proving himself to be a superior player to Demar on both ends of the court.
                        Last edited by Snooch; Fri Oct 9, 2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          well, Lowry only played 2 games. so just stop with your continued misplaced praises.
                          How is it missed placed? Its a fact. There are other guards on the team as well. He has more assist than our back up PG(who started for Lowry when he didn't play). His shots not falling so his getting his teammates involved.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Didn't watch the game yet.. just looked through the box scores. Looks like 2Pat and Ross both sh!t the bed again.

I don't like 2Pat next to JV.. 2Pat adds the stretch but he needs a PG that can move the ball. Love Lowry but I think he'd be better off with CoJo at the helm. And Scola's savy-ness would be useful in the starting unit, especially in the playoffs.

In an ideal world, Ross starts for DD but that's if we had a consistently good Ross (the guy that wakes up when he plays against the Clippers). That's the biggest problem with DD I think is that he's terrible at stretching the floor. Hard to create an offense around that. Either way.. glad they won. Losing against the Lakers even in preseason would have been tough to see.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Didn't watch the game yet.. just looked through the box scores. Looks like 2Pat and Ross both sh!t the bed again.

I don't like 2Pat next to JV.. 2Pat adds the stretch but he needs a PG that can move the ball. Love Lowry but I think he'd be better off with CoJo at the helm. And Scola's savy-ness would be useful in the starting unit, especially in the playoffs.

In an ideal world, Ross starts for DD but that's if we had a consistently good Ross (the guy that wakes up when he plays against the Clippers). That's the biggest problem with DD I think is that he's terrible at stretching the floor. Hard to create an offense around that. Either way.. glad they won. Losing against the Lakers even in preseason would have been tough to see.
                              Moving 2Pats to the bench means giving up ball movement with Lowry and Demar. Rather the guards adjust

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Didn't watch the game yet.. just looked through the box scores. Looks like 2Pat and Ross both sh!t the bed again.

Ross actually had a few nice moments. So far, I like what I see from him this year.

2Pat did not look great. Some big time lapses on D, and non-existent on O. That said, on offence, the starting lineup has the look of 5 guys at the Y who just met each other, so we should probably give it time.

Most impressive was the Lowry/Joseph PG combo. They're going to give teams fits.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X