Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    How is it missed placed? Its a fact. There are other guards on the team as well. He has more assist than our back up PG(who started for Lowry when he didn't play). His shots not falling so his getting his teammates involved.
    I agree. People are being way to hard on him when he is trying to help the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      How is it missed placed? Its a fact. There are other guards on the team as well. He has more assist than our back up PG(who started for Lowry when he didn't play). His shots not falling so his getting his teammates involved.
      he ranks a higher usage than Joseph.
      Joseph is on a new team.

So get that garbage outta here.

getting teamates involved. lololol. Watch the game, look at those passes....

You would have a better argument for him getting his teammates rebounds.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        I agree. People are being way to hard on him when he is trying to help the team.

wants to help the team he should relegate himself to the bench and then ask for a trade at the deadline.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          wants to help the team he should relegate himself to the bench and then ask for a trade at the deadline.
          This is exactly what makes me mad. He is a starting level shooting guard in the NBA and is a capable all star in a functional offensive system. You guys need to show a little more respect to a man who is doing everything he can to win. You don't need to like him, but there is no reason to bash him at any chance you get.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            1 word - preseason.

Don't think you'll see Powell at the 3 this year.
            Muahahaha....

BTW. Stumbled on this old Realgm thread. Hilarious.....

Dwane Casey's Guide to Smallball
            http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...1925&start=330

LOL. It's started by Snooch.

Comment

Your opinions about DeRozan are well known.

Can you please tone down the anti-DeRozan rhetoric, or at least do so in a constructive manner that leads to good discussion.

Comment

This is exactly what makes me mad. He is a starting level shooting guard in the NBA and is a capable all star in a functional offensive system. You guys need to show a little more respect to a man who is doing everything he can to win. You don't need to like him, but there is no reason to bash him at any chance you get.

That is not bashing him, he is far better suited to have his high usage scoring off the bench.

The starting lineup giving more opportunity to Lowry, Carroll and JV will result in a FAR more effective, sustainable and potent offense.

That is not bashing, that is simple fact. To not see past that is blind homerism.
                Last edited by Snooch; Fri Oct 9, 2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Your opinions about DeRozan are well known.

Can you please tone down the anti-DeRozan rhetoric, or at least do so in a constructive manner that leads to good discussion.
                  that is a valid point I made, and one agreed upon by many posters.

Demar is far better suited, as he currently plays, as a sixth man. That is not anti-derozan, that is pro Raptors.

Comment

• There is no use arguing with this guy. It is just frustrating.

Comment

• There's no shame in DD being a sixth man off the bench, like Manu (who is going to the HoF), or Harden in OKC. DD going to the bench would balance the rotation better, IMO, wrt to USG% and ball movement.

You could have Lowry/Ross/DC/Scola/JV starting with Cojo/DD/2Pat as the core of the 2nd unit. DD can fire away against opposition bench guys.

Comment

There is no use arguing with this guy. It is just frustrating.

Arguments like this are certainly starting to make me change my mind.

Perhaps a ball dominate isolation scorer does fit perfectly well beside another more efficient scorer, a needed to develop young 15 million dollar bigman with loads of potential and a newly aquired 15 million dollar small forward who excels in an offensive system which maximizes ball movement and cuts.

no wait.

He doesnt fit as well beside those types of players.

Unless you can debate against what I said with some effort as to why?, as opposed to a simple "He is a starting level shooting guard in the NBA and is a capable all star in a functional offensive system".

What more can our system do for him? And at what cost to everyone else?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          There's no shame in DD being a sixth man off the bench, like Manu (who is going to the HoF), or Harden in OKC. DD going to the bench would balance the rotation better, IMO, wrt to USG% and ball movement.

You could have Lowry/Ross/DC/Scola/JV starting with Cojo/DD/2Pat as the core of the 2nd unit. DD can fire away against opposition bench guys.
                          I would wager his efficiency would increase.

Comment

I would wager his efficiency would increase.
                            DD doesn't need to come off the bench but should be further down the options list. He doesn't need 24 sec to get off a long 2. He should be an end of shot clock option

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              There's no shame in DD being a sixth man off the bench, like Manu (who is going to the HoF), or Harden in OKC. DD going to the bench would balance the rotation better, IMO, wrt to USG% and ball movement.

DD at best would be a sixth man on a championship caliber team because his only role will be to score. DD isn't a bad player, but he wouldn't be a #1 option on a contender.

Only way he can be a decent option on a contender is if you surround him with 3 point shooters, a elite rebounding/defensive C, have a star player on the team, and a coach that drills ball movement into Derozan's head.
                              Last edited by A.I; Fri Oct 9, 2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Run off screens on the baseline back and forth and get him open to drive or take an uncontested midrange shot, or get him an open corner 3. That is how you maximize his efficiency, and I guarantee he would be very successful doing this. Casey instead gives him the ball at the top of the key and says "let our guy go to work" which isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                                X