No announcement yet.

Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I just stumble into the Everything Demar Thread?

Watched the game. Came here to see what others thought and read through 2-3 pages of Demar.

Some things never change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• As Thead wrote..."it's a bad habit". And, generically, with all players, the coach should be the one to teach otherwise and discourage "bad habits". Just another aspect of coaching up to a good team. Something a coach like Pops would do all the time.

Comment

• You can jump in the air and pass and it still be a great pass. Watch some John Wall highlights.

Compare DD to those and you'll see the difference and why I say DD is a bad passer.

The stagnant offense doesnt help DD's passing lanes...but that is a chicken or an egg argument. I think there is no movement because DD is unable to make those passes, so his teammates dont bother cutting anymore.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          So him being 11th in assist doesn't mean anything cause, his not a shooter
          Guys like Korver, Reddick and even Beal don't get tonnes of assists since they are there to shoot. Demar isn't, he is there to drive and kick yet doesn't really get assists

Comment

• Demar needs to go. Conversation over and no explanation needed.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Guys like Korver, Reddick and even Beal don't get tonnes of assists since they are there to shoot. Demar isn't, he is there to drive and kick yet doesn't really get assists
              How does he not get many assist if his 11th compared to his peers. So he doesn't so he gets the ball to players that do shoot. I don't see why that's a knock on DD.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

How does he not get many assist if his 11th compared to his peers. So he doesn't so he gets the ball to players that do shoot. I don't see why that's a knock on DD.
                  He's 11th out of 30 with many teams not requiring the SG to dribble and kick as much. Harden is a good comparison because he is asked to do similar things and he has increased his assist to 7 apg and he isn't exactly a pass first guy.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I like the claw better, but I'm sure I'll warm up to the new court.

Can't wait for the next game
                    OG is our king

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      He's 11th out of 30 with many teams not requiring the SG to dribble and kick as much. Harden is a good comparison because he is asked to do similar things and he has increased his assist to 7 apg and he isn't exactly a pass first guy.
                      Well Harden is an MVP type player. Harden also always has the ball in his hands for Houston. Like to add that DD averaged 6 assist in the playoffs last year. If needed DD is very capable passer.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maybe im mistaken but I remember DD passing as a last resort more often then not last year. I don't really remember DD creating a lot of chances for others. He got assists, but it could have been simply because he had the ball SO much. Most of his peers don't have the ball as much as he does, so it makes sense that he would have more assist/points/shots etc, just by having more opportunities.

Comment

• From reading Ryan Wolstat's tweets just now it looks like it's either Bruno or Powell that's going to be the backup small forward. Casey says he really likes what he's seeing from a bulked up Bruno supposedly. I think the team knows they aren't going to resign JJ after this season so they aren't even bothering to play him. They want to give the guys that are going to be apart of their future the minutes from now. That's not the only reason but I think that's part of the reason. Other than Casey clearly just doesn't like JJ.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Can we stop talking about DD. Okay whatever he only passes when he has to and his assists mean nothing because he has a big usage. Let's move on. At this point in his career he isn't going to change and the DD arguments never go anywhere. Those who like his game will like no matter what facts one shows and those who hate it will always hate it. That's why his thread looks like it will be locked for all eternity and I couldn't be happier.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                              I know some people hate Masai.. but damn he made some decent young pickups
                              Who the hell hates Masai!?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Can we stop talking about DD. Okay whatever he only passes when he has to and his assists mean nothing because he has a big usage. Let's move on. At this point in his career he isn't going to change and the DD arguments never go anywhere. Those who like his game will like no matter what facts one shows and those who hate it will always hate it. That's why his thread looks like it will be locked for all eternity and I couldn't be happier.
                                Huh? Why would we stop talking about our most controversial player on a discussion board?

That said, this conversation really should be moved to the DeMar Over/Under thread

Comment

Working...
                                X