Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    never leave your feet to pass.... AAU day one ten years old
    Agreed. But if you're getting the job done and aren't turning it over consistently then to me it is what it is.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      There is PLENTY to dislike about Derozan's game, but I feel if we have now come to the point where we are criticizing HOW he passes and the way he gets his assists we are being a little bit ridiculous at this point. He has his moments where the ball sticks with him for sure but I found that wasn't really the case against Lakers other than for many 2 or 3 plays
      If Demar has two defenders how he passes does matter, since the player receiving needs to score since there is no time left. Its Nash vs Demar - Demar could be a better passer if he tried to improve that area, like on team USA

Comment

• DeMar already is a good passer
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          DeMar already is a good passer
          He averaged 3.5 assists last season and had a 1.5 Assists to Turnover ratio, I really wouldn't call that good.

Passing it while in the air isn't a good pass, even if he manages to find his teammates. A good pass is finding a teammate on a backdoor cut, driving and kicking to an open shooter and so on. Passing it while in the air when you have 2 defenders on you is more of a forced pass rather than actually looking to pass to your teammates.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            He averaged 3.5 assists last season and had a 1.5 Assists to Turnover ratio, I really wouldn't call that good.

Passing it while in the air isn't a good pass, even if he manages to find his teammates. A good pass is finding a teammate on a backdoor cut, driving and kicking to an open shooter and so on. Passing it while in the air when you have 2 defenders on you is more of a forced pass rather than actually looking to pass to your teammates.
            isn't that the idea? You draw the extra defender in and kick out to open guy. That's why players that demand double team are so lethal. Don't double team and I score, double team me and I'll pass it to open guy. Derozan is not that guy. He just doesn't have vision. He can't see when players are helping off their man and leaves one of our shooters open. He can't give a fucking pocket pass when he runs pick and roll. He rarely passes to roll man period
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Passing it while in the air isn't a good pass, even if he manages to find his teammates.
              this is a bit misleading. he isn't just happening to complete passes.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                this is a bit misleading. he isn't just happening to complete passes.
                Doesn't make it a good pass. Derozan doesn't average many assists, so its a small sample size, but more often than not those passes end in turnovers, unless you're a terrific playmaker, which DD is not.

Its a basic basketball rule, never leave your feet to pass.

Comment

Doesn't make it a good pass. Derozan doesn't average many assists, so its a small sample size, but more often than not those passes end in turnovers, unless you're a terrific playmaker, which DD is not.

Its a basic basketball rule, never leave your feet to pass.
                  how can 1.5 assists to turnovers be "more often than not"? seems he gets the 11th most assists for his position in the league.
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards

i agree with the bolded statement amended to never leave your feet and then look for a pass. getting yourself stuck without options because you weren't prepared is an unsmart way to play basketball and no amount of talent will get you unstuck everytime.

Comment

how can 1.5 assists to turnovers be "more often than not"? seems he gets the 11th most assists for his position in the league.

i agree with the bolded statement amended to never leave your feet and then look for a pass. getting yourself stuck without options because you weren't prepared is an unsmart way to play basketball and no amount of talent will get you unstuck everytime.
                    alot of shooting guards are SHOOTING guards. being 11th in assists while not shooting doesnt leave much

Comment

11th in assist while being 4th in usage (points, FGA's) probably means a below average assist per possession.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        alot of shooting guards are SHOOTING guards. being 11th in assists while not shooting doesnt leave much
                        So him being 11th in assist doesn't mean anything cause, his not a shooter
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

While stipulating that DeMar does have the weakness you say he does (bailout passes when double-teamed and such), I'd like to point out that last year's didn't do nearly as much cutting as they ought to have.

Off-ball movement needs to be a point of emphasis on offense this year, regardless of what the scheme they are installing is. Most offensive schemes will work better when there are always new decisions to be made on defense; bad decisions on D cause mismatches and put defenders out of position. And motion on offense is what forces defenders to make decisions.

Comment

• the leaving the feet to pass thing is a bad habit regardless of whether it works or not.

Lots of people do the wrong everything day and get away with it...until the playoffs come and defenses clamp down.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

the leaving the feet to pass thing is a bad habit regardless of whether it works or not.

Lots of people do the wrong everything day and get away with it...until the playoffs come and defenses clamp down.
                              This perfectly describes the team's offense in the playoffs last season.
                              Last edited by Just Is; Sat Oct 10, 2015, 11:05 AM.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

the leaving the feet to pass thing is a bad habit regardless of whether it works or not.

Leaving your feet to pass is a lot like posting about Demar; it might work out alright but it might be disastrous.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X