• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the 3rd game of preseason...
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Its the 3rd game of preseason...
      With results no different than the previous seasons of games.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

This will be his 7th year in the league...I'll give him about a quarter of the season before I give up on him and hope Masai doesn't re-sign him.

Comment

• Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Honestly guys his shot wasn't falling yesterday but he only took one bad shot, and was a pretty willing passer yesterday. He got to the rim a lot and couldn't get his layups to go, but it was a far better game for him than the previous 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah lots of time to get better

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I hardly think preseason will be overly indicative of regular season lineups.

so don't worry about Cojo, Powell, Wright lineups unless its garbage time
              To be absolutely fair, our regular season lineups weren't indicative of our playoff line ups either last season.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt for negatives in the preseason but, in all honesty, after 7 seasons of it, it's harder to do in this case because it's not new behaviour.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• honestly preseason is nothing more than a glorified practise
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

honestly preseason is nothing more than a glorified practise
                  Which is why I'm not judging him too harshly just yet.

Comment

• After watching the full game DD wasn't that bad actually. He made a lot of the passes that lead to the assist and he only took like 1 bad shot. Maybe 2 I can't remember. 3 of his 7 shots were layups he just missed that he would normally make. And his D was average like usual. I found Lakers were actually hitting a good bit of shots that had a hand in their face in the first 2 quarters. Also Terrence's stats don't do him justice. He looked really good out there. I can live with him missing some shots if he continues to play with the energy and confidence he is showing on the both the defensive and offensive end. He doesn't look lost out there anymore to me. And he seems a lot more comfortable handling the ball. But I'm still not holding my breath because he is an inconsistent player.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      After watching the full game DD wasn't that bad actually. He made a lot of the passes that lead to the assist and he only took like 1 bad shot. Maybe 2 I can't remember. 3 of his 7 shots were layups he just missed that he would normally make. And his D was average like usual. I found Lakers were actually hitting a good bit of shots that had a hand in their face in the first 2 quarters. Also Terrence's stats don't do him justice. He looked really good out there. I can live with him missing some shots if he continues to play with the energy and confidence he is showing on the both the defensive and offensive end. He doesn't look lost out there anymore to me. And he seems a lot more comfortable handling the ball. But I'm still not holding my breath because he is an inconsistent player.
                      The thing with the DD passes that led to assists was HOW.

Jumping in the air and chucking a two handed pass out is not good basketball, and nor does it mean he is a good passer. You put a long defender on him to take away his shot, and get the other defenders to step into passing lanes more (like in playoff basketball) and his jump passes become turnovers.

Yes he got assists...but they were bad assists.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Jumping in the air and chucking a two handed pass out is not good basketball, and nor does it mean he is a good passer. You put a long defender on him to take away his shot, and get the other defenders to step into passing lanes more (like in playoff basketball) and his jump passes become turnovers.

Lol "bad assist" first time I've heard that. The reason why DD is able to jump in the air and find teammates or as you call it "bad assist" is cause he knows exactly where his teammates are suppose to be. That's knowing all your sets and knowing how the defense is playing you. Knowing how the defense will rotate and where your teammate are. Its called offensive awareness. So no DD is not just jumping in the air and hoping to find an open teammate. If that was the case he would have a bad assist to turnover ratio.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

This is true but he ALWAYS passes like this. I am actually shocked he doesn't turn the ball over more doing it. I don't think he was passing because he couldn't do anything else but more so because he sees a guy open and is trying to hit him with a good pass. I honestly think it's just a bad habit he has manly because I've never really seen him pass without jumping in the air. He's been in the league for 7 years now and he hasn't really been a guy you would call turnover prone so I think he should be fine with his jump passes....hopefully. I don't want to be nitpicky about his form on passes because to me that's a bit much. As long as he's seeing the open man and getting the ball to them I am happy at this point cause it could and has been worse. But that's just me. I hear where you are coming from though
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Lol "bad assist" first time I've heard that. The reason why DD is able to jump in the air and find teammates or as you call it "bad assist" is cause he knows exactly where his teammates are suppose to be. That's knowing all your sets and knowing how the defense is playing you. Knowing how the defense will rotate and where your teammate are. Its called offensive awareness. So no DD is not just jumping in the air and hoping to find an open teammate. If that was the case he would have a bad assist to turnover ratio.
                            That's the point I was trying to make. If he was just jumping in the air to pass because he got caught in no man's land he would have a history of being a turnover prone player and he isn't. He literally always jump passes and it's worked out for him so far.

Comment

• There is PLENTY to dislike about Derozan's game, but I feel if we have now come to the point where we are criticizing HOW he passes and the way he gets his assists we are being a little bit ridiculous at this point. He has his moments where the ball sticks with him for sure but I found that wasn't really the case against Lakers other than for many 2 or 3 plays

Comment

• never leave your feet to pass.... AAU day one ten years old
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X