Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 4: Minnesota Timberpups at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 12, 7:30pm ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    he can be traded, but his contract is a poison pill one.

CLICKITY DOO DA

*EDIT - also per Coon's FAQ:
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q94

Since an extend-and-trade has greater limits than a regular extension (three seasons and 4.5% raises vs. four seasons and 7.5% raises), the rules prevent teams from circumventing these limits by extending and trading the player in separate transactions. If a team extends a player beyond the limits of an extend-and-trade (for example, if they sign a player to a four-year extension), they can't trade the player for six months. Conversely, a team cannot extend a player it receives in trade for six months, if the extension exceeds the limits of an extend-and-trade2.
    Last edited by planetmars; Tue Oct 13, 2015, 02:49 PM. Reason: cbafaq

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    So no to Cousins and Mclemore for JV and DD? I would even do it without McLemore if they threw in some picks.
    Now you're changing conversation.

Back to your original point. JV is not the problem with the offense.

The perfect fit for the offense was let walk this summer without even an offer. I won't be shocked should the same thing happen this summer.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV can't be traded this year.. but would definitely trade him for Cousins if you could.
    he can be traded, but his contract is a poison pill one.

CLICKITY DOO DA

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    Jv and demar for ben and boogie should always be a yes.

We would still have max offseason space to go after kd....and a couple of picks.....

Lowry
    Carrol
    Durant
    ???
    Boogie

Daaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    When you got Lowry, Carroll, Durrand and Cousins on the same team, any and every free agent would want to fill in that open spot you have on that line up.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    JV can't be traded this year.. but would definitely trade him for Cousins if you could.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    There's no one on this team is untouchable in a DMC trade

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    So no to Cousins and Mclemore for JV and DD? I would even do it without McLemore if they threw in some picks.
    Ill do that in a heart beat

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Jv and demar for ben and boogie should always be a yes.

We would still have max offseason space to go after kd....and a couple of picks.....

Lowry
    Carrol
    Durant
    ???
    Boogie

Daaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Time will tell but I think this offense is on borrowed time.

He is an elite PPP post up player who can hit his FTs. That type of player works in any offense. He needs to work on passing but that also requires open teammates.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Yup, JV does produce on offence and I think for that reason he will remain a cornerstone of this team. But my confidence in him is wavering. He seems like the odd man out on this offence as far as fit goes, and defensively he can be solid (in time), but doesn't strike me as a difference maker.

Now I don't want to hear anyone replying that getting way ahead of myself, as I'm not seriously proposing it.....but for fun, you think about the players on my list that are ready for the season (Lowry, Joseph, Carroll, Scola and Biyombo) and add a top notch star next to them which you may or may not be able to get by trading the duo of DD and JV, would we be contenders? Outside of Biyombo the basketball IQ in that group is excellent.
    Time will tell but I think this offense is on borrowed time.

He is an elite PPP post up player who can hit his FTs. That type of player works in any offense. He needs to work on passing but that also requires open teammates.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Really like what I saw out of Bruno/Powell

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    That's what to be expected when you don't properly develop guys and then decide "hey, he is in his fourth year, let's use him now"
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    JV is not athletic relative to the NBA.

However give me a guy who can produce, even if awkward and painful, versus a guy who can touch the top of the backboard in the warmups and do nothing on the boxscore.

5 shots produced 13 points.
    6 rebounds
    18:59 playing time.

I'll take that.

Now if you can get a guy who can produce, and do so in athletic fashion, well, I think we'd all prefer that.
    Yup, JV does produce on offence and I think for that reason he will remain a cornerstone of this team. But my confidence in him is wavering. He seems like the odd man out on this offence as far as fit goes, and defensively he can be solid (in time), but doesn't strike me as a difference maker.

Now I don't want to hear anyone replying that getting way ahead of myself, as I'm not seriously proposing it.....but for fun, you think about the players on my list that are ready for the season (Lowry, Joseph, Carroll, Scola and Biyombo) and add a top notch star next to them which you may or may not be able to get by trading the duo of DD and JV, would we be contenders? Outside of Biyombo the basketball IQ in that group is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Trade TRoss + JJ for Shabazz + Martin allows Timberwolves to rid themselves of Martin. The deal provides depth for the Raptors at the 2 and 3 positions. This will allow DD to play 28 minutes a game with Martin as his backup.

Shabazz can add scoring off the bench to maintain Carroll of playing time. A Joseph,DD, Muhammad, Carrol and Biyombi small ball team
    Except Raps no longer have ability to offer a max contract this summer.

Leave a comment:

• Heatdreamer
    replied
    Trade TRoss + JJ for Shabazz + Martin allows Timberwolves to rid themselves of Martin. The deal provides depth for the Raptors at the 2 and 3 positions. This will allow DD to play 28 minutes a game with Martin as his backup.

Shabazz can add scoring off the bench to maintain Carroll of playing time. A Joseph,DD, Muhammad, Carrol and Biyombi small ball team

Leave a comment:

Working...
X