Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt
    replied
    Via nbasavant.com, Ross has taken 53 shots from >10ft with 0 dribbles, and hit 37% of these. While that's not a great shooting percentage, can we all agree that 53 shots is a terrible sample size, and he might not have played enough this season to really say where he's going to end the season for shooting percentages?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Last year he shot 39.6 on pull ups. This year he's been way off.. and I think that extension has messed with his head, or he's just simply regressing.
    And 32% the year before. 32% might be the more accurate expectation.

His catch and shoot was 38% and 41% in year's past; still the bread and butter for his skill set.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    35% on catch and shoot (both 2s and 3s). 27% on pull ups.

He shouldn't shoot pull ups.

Only 1.2 drives per game...
    Last year he shot 39.6 on pull ups. This year he's been way off.. and I think that extension has messed with his head, or he's just simply regressing.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Of course Ross doesn't suck it's all Casey's fault.
    No, Ross takes a lot of ownership for fault, but he could be better if used properly.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    It's also clear that our offense is just plain bad at getting him these shots.
    Our offence simply doesn't use many catch and shoot opportunities (21.6 per game - 20.6 is last in the NBA), which is really too bad since Carroll, PPatt, and Ross all really need those type of opportunities to contribute much.

Our offence relies on creating a shot off the dribble, and we only have a few players capable of doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    The fact that every player on our team who can't create their own shot suddenly sucks at offense when they get here doesn't concern you? Other teams create shots for guys who can't create their own, we show no ability to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    ross is shooting worse from EVERYWHERE on the court this year, let alone missing open 3s. they've already moved him from the starting line up to see if he can at least compete against bench players and hes even worse now.

but its great that playing against the absolute worst team in the entire nba and missing all of your shots doesnt concern you.
    When you really break down his shots, there's a lot of bad, sure. He's also only taken 114 FGA this season, a small enough number for it to just be a sample size problem.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203082/tracking/shots/

He's shooting a respectable 35.3% on catch and shoot 3 pointers, though. On 2pt FGA, he's hitting 58.3% of his shots off 0 dribbles, but only 41.7% off 1 dribble, and 36.4% off 3-6 dribbles. It's clear looking at this that he needs to be in situations where he can catch and shoot, and then he can be effective for our offense.

It's also clear that our offense is just plain bad at getting him these shots.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    I just rewatched his FG attempts from last night, and am even less concerned about his 0/6. 1 open 3 that he just missed, 1 heave, and 4 shots that he created off the dribble. Ross can't create off the dribble, but our offense on a lot of nights fails to get him the looks he needs.

Casey's offense includes no off-ball screens, which would give Ross offense that he'd be very efficient at.
    35% on catch and shoot (both 2s and 3s). 27% on pull ups.

He shouldn't shoot pull ups.

Only 1.2 drives per game...

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    I just rewatched his FG attempts from last night, and am even less concerned about his 0/6. 1 open 3 that he just missed, 1 heave, and 4 shots that he created off the dribble. Ross can't create off the dribble, but our offense on a lot of nights fails to get him the looks he needs.

Casey's offense includes no off-ball screens, which would give Ross offense that he'd be very efficient at.
    ross is shooting worse from EVERYWHERE on the court this year, let alone missing open 3s. they've already moved him from the starting line up to see if he can at least compete against bench players and hes even worse now.

but its great that playing against the absolute worst team in the entire nba and missing all of your shots doesnt concern you.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Ross doesn't deserve any type of praise. If he could play up to his ability he would solve a couple problems on this team. Minutes distribution and 3pt shooting would.

It just blows my mind that Ross gets less hate on this forum than DD.
    In the face of all the "hate" Ross gets here, I think the points Barolt has raised (with statistical support) are interesting.

Bold: have you been to the Ross thread lately? Almost everybody wants him traded. I'm pretty sure DD has more supporters here. DD obviously generates a lot more discussion (see Axel's point above).

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    No, it's just that Ross is much less an important figure on a nightly basis. He doesn't get the minutes, the role and he doesn't have posters like you propping him up at every turn. Ross is a non-issue because most people agree, he isn't very good right now.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Haha, any criticism of Casey and your answer is "well they won, you guys are such haters you're never happy." A guy points out anything positive about Ross and your answer is "well he sucks, please don't bring up useless points." Here's a thought: try actually discussing the points raised. It's what makes the forum interesting.
    Ross doesn't deserve any type of praise. If he could play up to his ability he would solve a couple problems on this team. Minutes distribution and 3pt shooting would.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X