• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Nobody is worse than Scola.
    Bargnani

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      ryan anderson is the available pf who catches my eye the most. hes averaging around 17 and 6 and is one of the best threepoint shooters in the league

And I think a trade of JJ/bebe/wright/maybe a pick for anderson/perk would work for both sides

we get a vet deep bench player, and anderson.

and new orleans gets 2 prospects and a filler.

making a roster of

JV/BB
      Anderson/2pat/scola
      carrol/ross
      demar/powell
      lowry/cojo

its a really deep roster, and is pretty much an instant east finals contender
      Anderson would probably be best kept in the 6th man role he's come to adjust to throughout his career.

Katman wrote: View Post
      Bargnani
      Nope, not even him.

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post
        It's funny that the gut using the word " obvious" keeps proposing dero trades ..

Guess what bro .. It's pretty OBVIOUS to the entire NBA world ( including the coaches that chose DD for the allstar game ) That Demar is a legit allstar .. And is NOT getting traded !!! Never, not happening !!!!

But u keep posting your idiotic Demar trades .. Lol .. Lol
        Legit "allstars" get traded. Making an allstar team does not equate a No-Trade Clause

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          Legit "allstars" get traded. Making an allstar team does not equate a No-Trade Clause
          Shhhhhh... U don't get it dude !! Just ... Shhhhhhhh

U Keep thinking dero for booker is a good trade ...

You're just not worth wasting time on anymore ....

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post
            Shhhhhh... U don't get it dude !! Just ... Shhhhhhhh

U Keep thinking dero for booker is a good trade ...

You're just not worth wasting time on anymore ....
            I haven't blocked his posts, but I just don't read or respond to any that mention Derozan. It's absolutely not worth your time.

Comment

• Everyone loves a blockbuster deal(me too) but I think looking at what the GM's approach has been over the last 2 trade deadlines we are most likely to make a small deal or no deal at all. Ujiri doesn't say much about where he is going in public but what he does say on more than one occassion is that he favours giving the players he has a chance to grow with each other to become better together. He likes continuity. Thats why its just hard to see one or two impact players go out and one or more come in.

If we go the small deal route I expect to add one player to the group we have we would probably have to buyout Bennett to free up a spot. Both Scola and JJ add something to the mix beyond the stat line. Maybe they go but I don't think they do.

PF help seems to be our biggest gap. Look for the GM to buy vetran help. The resume will have PO experience on it and a low maintenance personality type. Could be a Brandon Bass. Could be an Omri Casspi. Could be a Jon Leur .

Lots of smoke and misinformation to be blown around in the next 7 days. My bet is if there is an add coming in no one from the existing 9-10 man rotation is going out. Never say never but its unlikely a Horford level player comes in unless the GM has pics of the Atlanta GM in an uncompromising situation.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Nobody is worse than Scola.
                I beg to differ!
                AB primo pasta.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted as this thread is moving too fast but here you go anyway:
                  http://www.tsn.ca/expect-another-qui...ptors-1.435741

This reads to me a little like the organization setting expectations for the fanbase. Seems like we may indeed see another quiet deadline.

Comment

• Markieff explains the the fight with Goodwin

Archie's point of view
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primary target imo should be Horford, if that fails, try to get Morris but do not trade that Knicks pick or 2Pat.

Comment

• Ever since Watson has been coaching Keef has been pretty productive. He seem like the perfect 4 for this team. Skill set, age, and toughness. I really hope his in a raptor uniform next Friday.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I really believe that Masai and the Raptors organization can guide Morris to greatness!! like Masai did with Lowry!!!
                          Current circumstances give us the assumptions that Morris can be acquired with much less investments than before!! Why not practice the economics logic 101? Buy low!! and if necessary sell high!

Comment

• Raptors have been attached to every PF on and some that aren't on the market. Wonder if it's all just a distraction while MU is looking at someone nobody is talking about.

Comment

• I've lately accepted as likely the low-attention idea which I saw I-forget-where that what the Raptors are currently trying to do before the trade deadline is to find a transaction which will allow them to add Ronald Roberts to their roster. That doesn't mean that some of the trades discussed in this thread won't happen, but it does suggest something like Johnson and Scola for PJ Tucker might be more likely than a major blockbuster.

It does mean that, if nothing else happens, that Bennett might be bought out. I think the Raptors might be trying to avoid that, though, because it would probably resonate negatively with some of the fanbase, but it certainly could happen, especially if there is some particular reason they are disappointed in him.

Aside: for all the hoopla about bringing Bennett here, the organization certainly doesn't seem to have been doing much to develop him, e.g. through the Raptors 905. It sounded like when they brought him here, they knew he would be a long term prospect - that he would probably be two years away - so for there to not be much visible movement on that front is surprising.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

Aside: for all the hoopla about bringing Bennett here, the organization certainly doesn't seem to have been doing much to develop him, e.g. through the Raptors 905. It sounded like when they brought him here, they knew he would be a long term prospect - that he would probably be two years away - so for there to not be much visible movement on that front is surprising.
                                It's definitely weird that he's 12th in minutes on the D-league squad. Either he's much worse than we expected or something else is going on. Haven't heard about any injuries.

Not sure what they'll do with him but it'd be kind of sad if the first ever Canadian #1 washed out of the league this early in his career. Really hoped he would turn it around. (Maybe he still can.)

Comment

Working...
                                X