No announcement yet.

We're not just beating bad teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its collective frustration, the attack is not unlike water torture.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Yeah I didn't really understand that part. The Nets series seemed very even to me and the point differential like you said backs that up.

The only thing that really sticks out from that series is Joe Johnson playing out of his mind. All the other Nets guys were more or less around their usual production. Joe went from a 16-3-3 on 56 TS% guy in the regular season to a 22-4-3 on 60 TS% guy in that series.

Everybody on our team pretty much played up to standard (if not above it), except Ross whose shot just disappeared for whatever reason.
      Its because DD and Ross weren't good enough to guard Johnson, and Casey was too stupid to play JJ. If we had Carroll back then, that series would have been totally different.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I'm assuming most of you know the story of lakers kings 2002, aka "the time they made it too obvious". If you honestly think it isn't a reality in sports, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell yoi
        Even if that series was fixed, wasn't it Tim Donaghy-related? Are you saying that a decade+ later, nothing has changed?

Why bother watching games if you're convinced the league won't allow us to win?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Its collective frustration, the attack is not unlike water torture.
          Didn't you (and others) refer to JV's lethargic movements as being "stiff"?

Couldn't some of Casey's stubbornness be referred to as "robotic"?

A guy referred to DeRozan's on-court movements as appearing "wooden", using Pinocchio as a metaphor.

I'm not seeing any difference, or any insult against DeRozan. It's a single opinion with an easily understood metaphor... yikes!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Even if that series was fixed, wasn't it Tim Donaghy-related? Are you saying that a decade+ later, nothing has changed?

I think there is a much better chance of the "frozen envelope" than any conspiracy against the Raps.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              You said he doesn't even look like a real person. Not flattering, really, is it?
              Sorry, I guess I should have clarified it more.

Allow me to post a corrected, more politically correct version of my joke

Wow, a person could potentially state that Mr. Derozan, (AS A BASKETBALL PLAYER NOT AS A HUMAN BEING) while making his movements across and around the court he appears very wooden and stiff and as such could in the most silliest form of characterization humor be viewed as in the like of a form of Pinocchio, the wooden puppet, who longed to be a real live boy.
              Last edited by Snooch; Tue Jan 26, 2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                Its collective frustration, the attack is not unlike water torture.
                what attack?

demars dribble drive.

Badum psss

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  Sorry, I guess I should have clarified it more.

Allow me to post a corrected, more politically correct version of my joke

Wow, a person could potentially state that Mr. Derozan, (AS A BASKETBALL PLAYER NOT AS A HUMAN BEING) while making his movements across and around the court he appears very wooden and stiff and as such could in the most silliest form of characterization humor be viewed as in the like of a form of Pinocchio, the wooden boy.
                  Technically he was a wooden puppet who desired to be a real boy.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Didn't you (and others) refer to JV's lethargic movements as being "stiff"?

Couldn't some of Casey's stubbornness be referred to as "robotic"?

A guy referred to DeRozan's on-court movements as appearing "wooden", using Pinocchio as a metaphor.

I'm not seeing any difference, or any insult against DeRozan. It's a single opinion with an easily understood metaphor... yikes!
                    the only difference was that it came from me,

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      true that, I should know better, I will edit my orginal post.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out, in this scenario, if Gepetto is Casey, Lowry or Masai.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          They lost by one point. The point differential in the entire series was, I believe, 1 point over 7 games. It can't get any closer. When the difference is 1 point, it's ludicrous to say that the team was outcoached, outmanned and outplayed. It was 1 point. Now, they got outcoached, outmanned and outplayed in the WSH series.
                          The fact that Casey drew up the final play on the wrong side of the court is enough on it's own to say that they got outcoached.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• We'll never know what that last play was really supposed to look like, since Casey drew it up on the wrong side. Confused the hell out of Ross who ended up in the backcourt for no explicable reason.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Donaghy didn't ref that game. It is alleged (and backed up by several players and people involved in the game) that it was in the nbas best interest to have a game 7 and/or have the lakers move on.

I don't believe the nba has a vendetta against the raptors, now THAT would be silly. I believe the nba manipulates certain situations because they believe it will help their bottom line (yknow, the almighty dollar..I've been told it's value is respected highly by large companies)
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                I'm still trying to figure out, in this scenario, if Gepetto is Casey, Lowry or Masai.
                                Clearly Casey. A lot of the animosity towards DeRozan over the past few seasons can be directed at the coach, for pulling his strings and dictating how he plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X