No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD needs to posterize George in the first quarter - series over.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I dont take much from this quote. Just a coach trying to lift up his 2 most important players.
      Casey has made several comments about DeMar needing to adjust his offense vs. PG, pass more, and make sure he's defending well. He doesn't necessarily think everything's fine, he's just not throwing his two best players under the bus in a 2-2 series.

Offensive usage is an issue, but not really what he was talking about here.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          How about his mediocre regular season numbers against Indy where he put up 24+ pts on close to 38% shooting. He added 5 boards and almost 4 assists (I was looking it up on nba.com a few minutes ago but don't want to go re-find it all for exact numbers).

Shit, if he was putting up 15-20 pts on that same mediocre shooting with those boards and assists, we probably are up or have won this series by now. We don't need DeMar to have a crazy series to beat Indy. We have clear advantages at other spots and much more talent in general. He can't play THIS badly though. He's been actively hurting our team almost every minute he's been on the court in this series.
          I don't understand. What in his career playoff evidence makes you say that?
          I just feel that as soon as the pressure is on, bright lights are on, he goes into #ProveEm mode. Solo. When the pressure is off (ie. regular season) you can see flashes of a smarter Demar, making the right plays. I think he's just trying to justify the max contract he's trying to get this summer. Which all together to me seem to suggest he will not 'regress to the mean,' he'll in fact continue to hurt us every minute he's on the floor this series, like you mentioned. Frustrating
          @alexgres10

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I would have to watch the game again but, I think they did go to JV early. It was once they dug themselves into a hole and decided to get it all back by taking 3s. Most important thing is for the ball handlers to take better care of the ball.
            They dug themselves a 7-0 hole right out of the gate by starting the game with the following three offensive possessions:

Scola lost ball turnover.
            DeRozan missed 20' jumper.
            Lowry missed 19' pullup jumper.

Then, they went to JV to dig themselves out of the hole, and even then peppered it with useless Scola and DD possessions (although it should be noted DD managed two assists in this stretch - he really needs to be looking to pass at all times):
            Valanciunas made 11' turnaround hook shot.
            Valanciunas made 1' layup.
            Carroll made 3 pointer.
            Scola missed layup.
            DeRozan missed 17' jumper.
            Valanciunas made 2' layup.

That took it from 7-0 Indy to 11-9 Indy. That was 4 minutes into the game.

Valanciunas would get one shot attempt for the next 6 minutes, as Indy went on a 17-5 run.

Going away from JV dug them a hole. They went to him for a couple minutes, and dug back out. Then they ignored him for half a Q and dug themselves an even deeper hole.

JV would get only 3 FGA's the rest of the game, which of course was never really close again.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Rebound, defend, take care of the ball. When they have done that in this series they win handily.
              Exactly. Demar and Kyle have and will probably continue to play like shit. But literally all they have to do it get the 50/50 balls, play defense and stop turning over the ball as you said and they are good. Every Time they have turned over the ball a lot they've lost. Cause they are really good in transition and we are horrible at defending it
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                They dug themselves a 7-0 hole right out of the gate by starting the game with the following three offensive possessions:

Then, they went to JV to dig themselves out of the hole, and even then peppered it with useless Scola and DD possessions (although it should be noted DD managed two assists in this stretch - he really needs to be looking to pass at all times):
                Carroll made 3 pointer.
                Scola missed layup.

Valanciunas would get one shot attempt for the next 6 minutes, as Indy went on a 17-5 run.

Going away from JV dug them a hole. They went to him for a couple minutes, and dug back out. Then they ignored him for half a Q and dug themselves an even deeper hole.

JV would get only 3 FGA's the rest of the game, which of course was never really close again.
                Did JV play the whole first Q?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Did JV play the whole first Q?
                  Played the first 10 minutes. Hence the 4 minutes at the start and the 6 minutes (ie half a Q) that he was ignored.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Carroll made 3 pointer.
                    Scola missed layup.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

This guy and Woz..well, most of the Toronto media I guess...are always whining about Casey not revealing anything. It's funny on both sides and ultimately it doesn't mean a thing.

And speaking of meaningless, Casey still won that reward from the media. I do wonder if any of the local guys voted for him though.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Fireable offence.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JV needs to be fed 3 posts up per quarter and all the pick and roll that he can take.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JV needs to be fed 3 posts up per quarter and all the pick and roll that he can take.
                            I'd prefer something like 1 post up per possession until Indy proves that he won't score on half of them.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JV needs to be fed 3 posts up per quarter and all the pick and roll that he can take.
                              Oh he PnR's a lot...we just never pass to him

Also Indiana did a great job sending early help and body checking JV...we still missed him half a dozen times at least tho

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                This guy is such a moron. Why would you choose to "die" with any one player, short of MAYBE Lebron or Curry? The Toronto Raptors will be around long after Kyle and Demar are retired or moved on to another franchise. Who cares who wins you the damn game, it's a TEAM sport. This isn't the K&D Raptors, this is 12 men, seemingly 20 coaches, 20 front office staff, endless more staffers, and millions (and THE ROCK MEANS MILLIONS) of fans. If their ego is so large that they'll only accept winning if they take the most shots, well the 2 of them and their loving coach can all have a nice long summer to have some beers and cry about it.
                                I think Casey in his own theory of heavily riding the back court for years mainly on iso plays makes it really tough now, even if he wants to make an adjustment to change that,it's not happening overnight,but that does not mean he cannot make matchups changes to surprise opponents in different situations similar to Indiana decision to start Turner.

Comment

Working...
                                X