Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    DeMar lighting up PG. Honestly, not a criticism, that would be the biggest shocker for me. 30+ points on 50%+ from the floor. I'd jump up and down and scream like a little girl and take back everything I said over the last two days. Well, as long as the Raps won, anyway, but it would be a very Raptors thing to have DD break out but lose the game anyway...
    But this is what I don't get. If you are basing your view of DeMar on whether he can light up Paul George, and would take back what you said about him, isn't that having unrealistic expectations? DeMar is clearly a SG and thoroughly outmatched by Paul George, a SF with superior size and equal quickness. Asking DeMar for 30+ on 50%+ shooting vs PG is like asking Rip Hamilton to light up LeBron 1-on-1... It wouldn't be just surprising, it'd be practically miraculous.

I'd be happy with 18 points on his season average TS% (say 13-14 FGAs and 6-8 free throws) if he lets the game come to him and tacks on 6-8 assists.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

hahaha you son of a bitch, don't ruin my forced optimism

Comment

• Derozan just can't let players he defends score 60%
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          See I disagree about game 4. I believe the raps were going to play like game 2&3 but, they didn't come out with the right intensity they needed. After the exchange between PG and JV. I don't think that happens anymore. It's personal now. Raptors will play mad. Which is what they should of been doing. Raptors are more talented but, they have to play hard. There not like Cleveland who can turn it on whenever they want.
          The way the Raptors were playing offensively in game 4 was nothing like games 2 and 3. Both those games saw JV fed early, and used heavily in pick and roll offence, and a nice slow pace. Right out the gates in game 4 the Raptors were trying to run the ball down Indy's throat and were isolating with very little screen usage. It was lackadaisical offence and a complete lack of pace control.

Yes, the Raptors needed to play with more fire and energy, but they need above all to just play smarter.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Transition D is vital
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  But this is what I don't get. If you are basing your view of DeMar on whether he can light up Paul George, and would take back what you said about him, isn't that having unrealistic expectations? DeMar is clearly a SG and thoroughly outmatched by Paul George, a SF with superior size and equal quickness. Asking DeMar for 30+ on 50%+ shooting vs PG is like asking Rip Hamilton to light up LeBron 1-on-1... It wouldn't be just surprising, it'd be practically miraculous.

I'd be happy with 18 points on his season average TS% (say 13-14 FGAs and 6-8 free throws) if he lets the game come to him and tacks on 6-8 assists.
                  How about his mediocre regular season numbers against Indy where he put up 24+ pts on close to 38% shooting. He added 5 boards and almost 4 assists (I was looking it up on nba.com a few minutes ago but don't want to go re-find it all for exact numbers).

Shit, if he was putting up 15-20 pts on that same mediocre shooting with those boards and assists, we probably are up or have won this series by now. We don't need DeMar to have a crazy series to beat Indy. We have clear advantages at other spots and much more talent in general. He can't play THIS badly though. He's been actively hurting our team almost every minute he's been on the court in this series.

Comment

• But everyone knew Turner was going to start game 4 and Casey didn't make any counter adjustments. So what's the harm in announcing your adjustments, if quality coaches like Casey will take at least an additional game to adjust to them anyway?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Die motherfucker Die

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        The way the Raptors were playing offensively in game 4 was nothing like games 2 and 3. Both those games saw JV fed early, and used heavily in pick and roll offence, and a nice slow pace. Right out the gates in game 4 the Raptors were trying to run the ball down Indy's throat and were isolating with very little screen usage. It was lackadaisical offence and a complete lack of pace control.

Yes, the Raptors needed to play with more fire and energy, but they need above all to just play smarter.
                        I would have to watch the game again but, I think they did go to JV early. It was once they dug themselves into a hole and decided to get it all back by taking 3s. Most important thing is for the ball handlers to take better care of the ball.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah, absolutely. I read the question as "What would shock you most?" not "What realistically positive progress would you like to see?". That's why I wrote something " practically miraculous."
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This guy is such a moron. Why would you choose to "die" with any one player, short of MAYBE Lebron or Curry? The Toronto Raptors will be around long after Kyle and Demar are retired or moved on to another franchise. Who cares who wins you the damn game, it's a TEAM sport. This isn't the K&D Raptors, this is 12 men, seemingly 20 coaches, 20 front office staff, endless more staffers, and millions (and THE ROCK MEANS MILLIONS) of fans. If their ego is so large that they'll only accept winning if they take the most shots, well the 2 of them and their loving coach can all have a nice long summer to have some beers and cry about it.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              This guy is such a moron. Why would you choose to "die" with any one player, short of MAYBE Lebron or Curry? The Toronto Raptors will be around long after Kyle and Demar are retired or moved on to another franchise. Who cares who wins you the damn game, it's a TEAM sport. This isn't the K&D Raptors, this is 12 men, seemingly 20 coaches, 20 front office staff, endless more staffers, and millions (and THE ROCK MEANS MILLIONS) of fans. If their ego is so large that they'll only accept winning if they take the most shots, well the 2 of them and their loving coach can all have a nice long summer to have some beers and cry about it.
                              I dont take much from this quote. Just a coach trying to lift up his 2 most important players.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I dont take much from this quote. Just a coach trying to lift up his 2 most important players.
                                But clearly he believes in the philosophy, based on his long history of letting guys chuck till their arm falls off. The "come hell or high water" quote was from when Bargnani shot like 3-20.

I really think Casey believes its still the 90s and every team, regardless of personnel, should be handed out the same role cards.

"scorer a"
                                "scorer b"
                                "rebounder"
                                "guy who plays defense"
                                "rock pounder"
                                "vets vet"
                                etc
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X