Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I don't know if you guys notice this because it is a subtle thing but Biz is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better at setting screens than JV. Like it's night and day. Even though Biz isn't a threat to score he REALLY frees guys up with his screen setting. And it made a huge difference in the fourth.
    JV's screen and roll game literally won us game 2 in this series, and his screens have been freeing up guys all series long. not really sure what you're going on about.

Comment

• Also we better get a 7 or 7:30 start time for game 6. These early start times have us looking a damn mess. I know I know it's not a good excuse but I'm telling you guys this team plays like shit anytime it's a 6pm or earlier game. That's probably why it took us until the damn fourth to get it together lol. I know I'm gonna get roasted for saying this lol
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The guards often don't use the screens well at all. They ran guys hard off Biz's high screens in the 4th - it was awesome.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          JV's screen and roll game literally won us game 2 in this series, and his screens have been freeing up guys all series long. not really sure what you're going on about.
          All I'm saying is he slips screens to quickly a lot of the time. Biz holds his ground a little better and takes his time more.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            The guards often don't use the screens well at all. They ran guys hard off Biz's high screens in the 4th - it was awesome.
            The guards are definitely the problem as well. It's not all on JV

Comment

• Yo did kyle even Make one jumper tonight? Like his team has so many more gears it can get to, we should not have won that game. That was all determination and that hype ass crowd
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I so want Blake or one of the RR writers to ask the guy from the 8.9 seconds blog if they're going to change their name to 2.9 minutes.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I so want Blake or one of the RR writers to ask the guy from the 8.9 seconds blog if they're going to change their name to 2.9 minutes.
                    Pacers must be pissssed tonight like there was a point everyone thought indy was gonna take this game and this series no doubt
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

All I'm saying is he slips screens to quickly a lot of the time. Biz holds his ground a little better and takes his time more.
                      he slips screens more than Bismack, no doubt. but that's because he's actually a threat to score. we should be finding him occasionally on plays like that.

Overall maybe biyombo sets harder "better" screens, but he can't back it up with any threat to score. He commands no attention. JV's screens are just fine, and his screen and roll game is substantially more effective.

Comment

I don't know if you guys notice this because it is a subtle thing but Biz is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better at setting screens than JV. Like it's night and day. Even though Biz isn't a threat to score he REALLY frees guys up with his screen setting. And it made a huge difference in the fourth.
                        Not really. It's just that no one guards biz. So it looks like he's cleared space, when in reality the guard just takes his time going around the screen.

Because they know biz isn't doing anything with it
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          he slips screens more than Bismack, no doubt. but that's because he's actually a threat to score. we should be finding him occasionally on plays like that.

Overall maybe biyombo sets harder "better" screens, but he can't back it up with any threat to score. He commands no attention. JV's screens are just fine, and his screen and roll game is substantially more effective.
                          This is true. Can't argue that part. But they are doing a good job making it tough to pass it to him in the screen and roll lately. Anytime Kyle tried to pass it to him it was a turnover or almost could have been. Or maybe it's just our guards not using the screen properly and timing the pass properly. Who knows

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Not really. It's just that no one guards biz. So it looks like he's cleared space, when in reality the guard just takes his time going around the screen.

Because they know biz isn't doing anything with it
                            Good point.

Comment

• So where does this game rank in Raptors history?
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• This team was in the exact same situation two years ago. Let's see if they've grown. End this in Indy!
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X