• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BONUS JONAS-all caps

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      BONUS JONAS-all caps

Comment

• That lost must be so deflating for the Pacers.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Need to come out super defensive to start this one. they are going to come out flying. first 5 minutes can make or break it. as george gets tired and others are forced to create/hit shots we have the depth. seems they need to be up 25 for us to not have enough time to settle and come back.

good thought is we are yet to lose 2 in a row against the pacers this series and have won 2 in a row.

Comment

• because of Raps I became so superstitious
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I am going to go insane waiting for Friday.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Well that's just immature.
                Yea I hated this when I saw it. All it's gonna do is make Paul go off on us now. Just great
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Well then. That happened.

Big round of applause for DeMar. Finally got some calls, but he was also doing a good job just screaming around screens to get some daylight, forced a few switches he took advantage of, and settled less than he has been (settled for a couple bad jumpers right near the end). Still did very little in way of passing or defence, but I'll take what I can get - positive game from him.

This game was like bizarro-this-series. DeMar scored well. Patterson played a poor game (he really wasn't terrible, but he was part of a couple brutal units). JV had a rough game (really a rough first few minutes with those turnovers - did he have the yips or what - he was fine after that).

Good call by Casey riding the lineup that brought them back in it. Vogel helped us out big time there, sitting his starters for any length of time in the 4th, let alone all at once. That sort of run is something you almost never see, let alone in the playoffs, in the fourth Q, in the critical game 5. Craziness.

That small lineup with two SG's, two PG's, and Biz worked great against the bench unit and worked well enough against their closers.

Obviously they did blow it at the end and got lucky there wasn't 0.1 more seconds on the clock. But we'll take the W and try to straighten stuff out for game 6.

I don't think Patterson's struggles were because he was starting - the starting lineup did fine, a -2 in 16 minutes. It was the Patterson/Biyombo combination that was a disaster this game. Maybe with all the success the small lineup had at the end there, we'll see Carroll/Powell at the 4 with the bench unit and let Patterson play all his minutes with JV.

Really, the deficit in this game was driven by that disastrous late first Q run after JV and DeMar sat down. The Pacers caught fire from three, hitting 5 over 8 possessions. Those same 8 possessions for the Raptors were three missed 3's, a missed Patterson jumper, and Biyombo going two for three - hitting a hook shot and a loooong 20 foot jumper, and missing a dunk (because of course). 15-4 run to close the Q and there didn't seem to be a lot of blame to throw around - they got some open looks with some slow rotations, but no one player seemed to be at fault.

That doesn't seem like a particularly repeatable disaster.

So, hopefully for next game, JV won't suddenly become terrified of just going up strong in the first few minutes, and we'll get more time with that small unit with Biyombo when JV sits.
                  Yea I really really really hope Casey doesn't take this bad game from Patterson as a reason to start Scola again. I really hope so. I think continuing to start patterson and then playing Carroll at the 4 with the bench is the best thing we can do. That way Powell can still get minutes. No more Scola! Also as you and someone else said yes Pacers got a lot of wide open looks but they literally couldn't miss in the first half. Like I don't expect them to be that on fire again on Friday. But we shall see. I also expect us to make adjustments on how badly we guarded the 3 ball tonight. I also don't expect JV and Patterson to be as bad as they were tonight. That was very uncharacteristic of both of them. And let's pray the Kyle Lowry we have come to love comes out in game 6! Go Raps!
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I am going to go insane waiting for Friday.
                    Same lol

Comment

• 10/10 on this thread post
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Yea I hated this when I saw it. All it's gonna do is make Paul go off on us now. Just great
                        If PG needs motivation from a Drake instagram post when his team is down 3-2 then he's the immature one.

Also how great was that Biyombo jumpshot from near the 3-point line, reminded me of the immortal Chuck Hayes 1-legged floater from the same spot.

Comment

• wow, we got the snot beat out of us for 3 Q's despite Demar having a good game offensively, despite Pat starting, despite Scola seeing 0 minutes and despite Carroll playing strong D on George. Very lucky win, but was awesome to see that comeback in the 4th. Every game is different, that's certainly true in the playoffs. Go Raps!

Comment

• I miss Chuck
                            Last edited by mike, prague; Wed Apr 27, 2016, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Pacers probably won't play a better game than last night (excluding the 4th), but the Raps can definitely play a worse game.

Comment

• Boom. Let's crush them.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X