No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Nope. This way Casey can justify minimizing JV's touches and minutes.

Comment

• 5 bucks there will be a fight in game 6... its just gonna be next level intense

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
        What? This team played like garbage during the first 3 Qs. It took a historic like 4th Q for them to win. I sincerely hope that the identity of this team ceases to be 2 guards who struggle to shoot 30% in the postseason.
        I disagree with this.

The team played like garbage for a couple very short stretches, and spent most of the game holding their own or eating into the lead. They held their own in spite of sloppy play to start the 1st. They were completely useless in the last 5 minutes of the 1st. They won the 2nd by 6 points, based off a strong first few minutes and holding their own the rest of the way. They held their own pretty steadily in the 3rd, losing a few points to Indy right at the end in the last few minutes.

I'd say they played like garbage for half of the 1st and the last few minutes of the 3rd. They were OK for the other half of the 1st, the 2nd, and most of the 3rd. And of course brilliant in the 4th (right up to the last couple minutes, where they were OK again).

There were definitely stretches of good play throughout, they were just overshadowed by the big lead caused by a couple stretches of truly awful play.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          5 bucks there will be a fight in game 6... its just gonna be next level intense
          Put JJ in? He could probably take down the whole Pacers roster in less than 3 minutes.

Comment

• I'm gunna have a throbber until Friday.

Comment

• This is a fascinating article.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/04/27/...ndiana-pacers/
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DAMN IT
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Long time between games again.... Would be to the Raps advantage to play on Thursday rather than the Friday.

Did you see the looks on the faces of the Pacers crew after that crushing loss ? Same kind of look that Connor McDavid had when Edmonton won the lottery. Utter despair !
                  Think its going to be hard for the Pacers to collectively reset mentally and come back. It would be imperative for the Raps to come out fast in the first quarter and take a lead rather than another 10 pt plus deficit to start 2Q.

Think game 6 is is the one where we see a complete game from the Raps and a road win.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. Lol you guys are so lame, shaking in your boots when someone talks a little smack. That's what makes the playoffs even more fun!
                    It's not immature in the sense that it make him go off. It's immature because we're only up 3-2 and barely won the game. Not to mention the guy he's shitting on torched us all night long.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I am going to go insane waiting for Friday.
                      Ughh seriously I never remember this many 2 day breaks between playoff games in a single series.

Please please keep PP in the starting lineup (let's call game 5 his adjustment into the lineup game), and Powell's mins at or above 24!
                      @alexgres10

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I disagree with this.

The team played like garbage for a couple very short stretches, and spent most of the game holding their own or eating into the lead. They held their own in spite of sloppy play to start the 1st. They were completely useless in the last 5 minutes of the 1st. They won the 2nd by 6 points, based off a strong first few minutes and holding their own the rest of the way. They held their own pretty steadily in the 3rd, losing a few points to Indy right at the end in the last few minutes.

I'd say they played like garbage for half of the 1st and the last few minutes of the 3rd. They were OK for the other half of the 1st, the 2nd, and most of the 3rd. And of course brilliant in the 4th (right up to the last couple minutes, where they were OK again).

There were definitely stretches of good play throughout, they were just overshadowed by the big lead caused by a couple stretches of truly awful play.
                          Agreed, and I'd add that not only did raps not play bad at all, they were just up against a godly PG that WOULD NOT FREAKIN MISS
                          @alexgres10

Comment

• Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              BTW: am I the only one who is completely torn about JV? He gives the team such an advantage, but at the same time is completely unreliable. He turns it over, he misses out on bunny hop shots, etc. I honestly can't watch him play. And part of that is because of the p.o.s reffing, but I'm not one to blame everything on them (even though they are the worst thing ever in basketball, even more so than Nick Young, and the Sixers)
                              He's been unreliable partly because he's trying to cope with increased attention + increased usage simultaneously. It's a hard thing to figure out as a young player, which is why we should have been doing it during the regular season.

Honestly I was cringing at his struggles the first part of game 6, but we've had years to work out these kinks and properly integrate him; instead we had to watch him wave his arms and get ignored like an invisible man.

Hell there was even a five-second stretch yesterday where it happened again, where he was so wide open under the hoop it felt like some kind of joke, but CoJo completely ignored him and instead we took a crappy three. It's kind of a self-reinforcing feedback loop... we ignore him when he's open, then he struggles with more attention, then he screws up, so we ignore him when he's open.

That all said, he has to have better mental fortitude. He's gotta go up strong and dunk shit. He's gotta be quicker to make decisions instead of keeping the ball down and pump faking and allowing himself to get stripped. That is all on him. But I think that comes from consistent reps and learning from his mistakes.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I disagree with this.

We were down 15 at the end of the 1st, 9 at the end of the 2nd and 13 at the end of the 3rd. I agree there was good play sprinkled throughout. We closed the lead to within 3-6 in the 2nd & 3rd, yes, but we failed to close out each quarter aside from the 4th. Pacers had 90 points at the end of the 3rd. To me, it seemed like mostly bad basketball with bursts of good basketball in the first 3 Qs.

Comment

Working...
                                X