No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From ESPN stars & analytics #Raptors contested all 15 of Ind FGA in 4th. Thru 3 qtrs Pacers uncontested on 25% of FG shooting 73.3%

Need the people's lineup to bring this type of intensity to start the game.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• How long are NBA gonna let Pacers cry about fouls? Now Solomon Hill talking about how it's not basketball out there. These dudes need to be fined.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        How long are NBA gonna let Pacers cry about fouls? Now Solomon Hill talking about how it's not basketball out there. These dudes need to be fined.
        They're right, except they're the ones getting away with crazy crap. If the whistle was "fair", we'd probably be done with them by now. I've never seen a team getting such a favourable whistle complain so much.

Comment

• I love Kyle, but he does try to draw fouls. Guess what? That's NBA basketball. He's not the first, and certainly won't be the last to use drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line as a tactic. Some greats have actually made a career out of flopping around and getting bullshit calls (I'm looking at you DWade).

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
            I love Kyle, but he does try to draw fouls. Guess what? That's NBA basketball. He's not the first, and certainly won't be the last to use drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line as a tactic. Some greats have actually made a career out of flopping around and getting bullshit calls (I'm looking at you DWade).
            Dwade did it with the intent of hurting Rondo. Lowry was just trying to stop PG from getting the ball. Both were dirty.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              From ESPN stars & analytics #Raptors contested all 15 of Ind FGA in 4th. Thru 3 qtrs Pacers uncontested on 25% of FG shooting 73.3%

Need the people's lineup to bring this type of intensity to start the game.
              Let's keep in mind, 75% contested shots is pretty great defence. It's just that 100% is unreal.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This team plays with so much more confidence when one of DD/KL have it going. Same thing goes with the Pacers with PG. Like it or not DD/KL are the identity of this team. Last night was the first time the raptors actually looked like their regular season selves. What a game.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• After the 4 turnovers JV had Raptors only had 4 more for the rest of the game. Take care of the ball on Friday and we punch our ticket to the second round.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A friend made a good point: The 4th quarter could be where Indiana gave the series away. It has happened in the play-offs before where a team collapses in 1 game and that carries over to the next as they get finished off.

However, my counterpoint is that the Raptors are part of this equation, so they could very well get blown out. They have 2 days now to beat into their heads how to win based on the 4th quarter performance.

BTW: am I the only one who is completely torn about JV? He gives the team such an advantage, but at the same time is completely unreliable. He turns it over, he misses out on bunny hop shots, etc. I honestly can't watch him play. And part of that is because of the p.o.s reffing, but I'm not one to blame everything on them (even though they are the worst thing ever in basketball, even more so than Nick Young, and the Sixers)
                    Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Apr 27, 2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      A friend made a good point: The 4th quarter could be where Indiana gave the series away. It has happened in the play-offs before where a team collapses in 1 game and that carries over to the next as they get finished off.

However, my counterpoint is that the Raptors are part of this equation, so they could very well get blown out. They have 2 days now to beat into their heads how to win based on the 4th quarter performance.
                      That's what happened to us in Nets series. We were leading Game 5 but then Nets came back. We won the game but Nets had amazing momentum after that.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I haven't re-watched the game or anything, but did I see the Raps going back to last year's defensive scheme to start the game? It looked like JV was hedging and trapping and he was late rotating back. Did anyone else notice this? I don't know if it correlated to open baskets or not, but I remember thinking it was not a good look...

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lowry is due right?....right?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              This team plays with so much more confidence when one of DD/KL have it going. Same thing goes with the Pacers with PG. Like it or not DD/KL are the identity of this team. Last night was the first time the raptors actually looked like their regular season selves. What a game.
                              What? This team played like garbage during the first 3 Qs. It took a historic like 4th Q for them to win. I sincerely hope that the identity of this team ceases to be 2 guards who struggle to shoot 30% in the postseason.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Yeah he gets presented with some pretty tough catches in traffic for sure but for the Raps to consider using him as a legit scoring option he has to catch AND make a couple more of them than he does on a regular basis. He did it in games 1 and 2 then not so much since.....
                                I hear the arguements... in order to get better at it he has to get more oppty's... but this is live or die playoff ball and you get one or two cracks at it before someone else gets a chance.... witness TRoss.. he made one big three to get us within 2.. but then he clanked 3 in a row .. and he got pulled...

Still we should be bat shit crazy happy they came ALL the way back and won.... thats a crushing loss for the Pacers... crushing.. they had it and they lost it... to which i say.. .to effing bad...
                                Again, it would be helpful if we practiced all year how to feature JV in the offence rather than have no plan B after ISO ball for KL and DD. when there are 82 games to work that stuff out.

We get in to the playoffs, the defence is better, the amount of preparation time for opposing defences is greater, get to prepare and execute against one opponent over up to 7 games, we have a mismatch down low, but we never worked on that plan B. Which actually should have been our plan A all along.

The country club atmosphere between KL, DD and Casey is irritating. It reinforces selfish basketball, team wide, because the team leaders subscribe to it. I want to break it up, with just KL remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X