Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    It was the same looks they got all season. The difference is they clanked rims because of pressure
    Yeah they were looks they got all season... But they werent dropping all game and they made no effort to try anything else. So much iso and very little ball movement had guys just standing around watching each other get blocked or turn it over (like every other year).
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I can just imagine Lowry, Derozan and Casey looking at the tape for the game with straight faces and all saying "...we just gotta make those shots."
      Do these guys realize its the playoffs and there isnt enough enough time to keep playing how they did and hope their shots fall?
      I find it so hilariously frustrating that we crushed this team just 2 weeks ago with Lowry and Derozan sitting. At least the younger guys aren't blinded by their egos and share the ball (which gets them easier looks! Surprise!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      yeah, even though demar kept attacking his takes were weak. he was taking it to the hole like the regular season was still on. has to go harder, faster and stronger to the hoop.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        I can just imagine Lowry, Derozan and Casey looking at the tape for the game with straight faces and all saying "...we just gotta make those shots."
        Do these guys realize its the playoffs and there isnt enough enough time to keep playing how they did and hope their shots fall?
        I find it so hilariously frustrating that we crushed this team just 2 weeks ago with Lowry and Derozan sitting. At least the younger guys aren't blinded by their egos and share the ball (which gets them easier looks! Surprise!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        yeah, even though demar kept attacking his takes were weak. he was taking to the hole like the regular season was still on. has to go harder, faster and stronger to the hoop.

Comment

• you could tell it was nerves with the dropped balls, fucked up dribbles. you see joseph was solid, calm and brought it. jv stepped it up to playoff intensity. one thing that is abundantly clear is we desperately need jv on the floor.

Comment

• Game 2: Indiana Pacers 87 Toronto Raptors 98 (Tied 1-1)

Projected Starters:

@

Projected Starters:

KEY BENCH MATCHUPS

VS

GAME NOTES

Some of this will be obvious.
            • Pacers outscored us 25-14 in points off turnovers due to our 20 turnovers (vs their 13). Must take care of the ball.
            • Raps outscored Pacers 42-26 in points in the paint in Game 1. We also dominated the glass (20-9 offensive boards, 52-38 overall). Jonas has to stay out of foul trouble and continue to beast inside.
            • Pacers had the second-best points per possession in halfcourt sets on day 1 of the playoffs per Hardwood Paroxysm. Must lock down Paul George. Make the rest of their guys beat us.
            • Pacers also shot 52% from 3 point land vs 35% during the regular season. We were the 2nd-worst team at defending the three pointer, so this was to be somewhat expected, but we must do better.
            • Conversely we shot 21% from 3 point land. That's partly because...
            • Kyle and Demar were 8-for-32 (1-for-10 from 3) and forced a lot of shots. They need to loosen up and at the same time get dialled in to make better decisions.

--------------

Not much else to say. Lose this one and we're in deep trouble. Let's rally behind our guys and beat the crap out of these pretenders!

--------------

Purple good luck charm

Comment

• good luck scraptor. we really really really really really really really need this one.

even though scola played well i would like to see carrol start at the 4 and save scola for a moment when the team looks to be losing composure.
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Apr 17, 2016, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Every other top seed did what they should have...except us.

I still think we win this in 6 but there were just so many bad decisions in this game...

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  you could tell it was nerves with the dropped balls, fucked up dribbles. you see joseph was solid, calm and brought it. jv stepped it up to playoff intensity. one thing that is abundantly clear is we desperately need jv on the floor.
                  At what point is it just nerves vs a player who can't handle playoffs?

Only Kyle and Demar looked nervous. It wasn't their first game or anything, so why? Seems like it is a part of their mental makeup and it might not be something that goes away very easily. Year 3 now, jitters aren't a good excuse. I would expect jitters from Powell or even CoJo (playing at home for first time) but KL and DD should have learned from the last 2 years.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    Every other top seed did what they should have...except us.

I still think we win this in 6 but there were just so many bad decisions in this game...
                    My concerns for game 2 is that the Pacers didn't really do anything to force KL and DD to play poorly, so if they come into game two expecting to turn things around simply because "shots we normally make" is enough to win, then we could easily be down 2 games at home.

We have the talent to win this series but the leadership might not be there.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      At what point is it just nerves vs a player who can't handle playoffs?

Only Kyle and Demar looked nervous. It wasn't their first game or anything, so why? Seems like it is a part of their mental makeup and it might not be something that goes away very easily. Year 3 now, jitters aren't a good excuse. I would expect jitters from Powell or even CoJo (playing at home for first time) but KL and DD should have learned from the last 2 years.
                      not making excuses. demar always tries too hard, he definitely lets nerves get to him. whenever we play on the nationally televised game, he has a bad game. first game of the playoffs he has a bad game. i think he just really really wants to be appreciated. it could be in their make-up but it wasn't in lowry's in the new jersey series.

personally, i think they both just want it so bad they let it get to them. if we win game two it should right itself. if we lose game two we will be in a lot of trouble.

george went off in the second half. i said it before the series started him and hill are going to be a difficult matchup. that is indy's two best defenders, on a really good defensive team, defending our two main guys. early in this game jv took the pressure off and they were making the right play to feed him and share the ball. they both shot poorly. if we are blaming one person, lowry had the worst game. those free throws, from the very beginning of the game, set the tempo. if he makes those maybe he loosens up. he missed them and then it gets into his head. demar played right last night. he made the passes, the one to biyombo should have been the first safe pass he saw but he held it and made it difficult. the rest, he took open 3s but missed them. he continuously drove. i am positive that if he can get one hard to the rim the next ones will come with the whistle. you want the whistle in the playoffs you really need to earn it.

we were in this game with our three best players out of it until the final 4-5 minutes. i really didn't see any bad calls go our way, borderline forearm shiv to miles' face but jv had the ball and miles was moving forward. near half on jv were calls we weren't getting and the one in the second was ridiculously bad. the 3rd or 4th quarter one, don't remember which, against derozan on george was a weeeeeaaaak foul.
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Apr 17, 2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• I agree that it seems to be in Demars make up and Lowry's answer to everything seems to be "I'll do it all myself" and that is the concern. Both players will try to put the team on their backs because they feel it's their job as the stars to do that. But the reality is, it's putting the team on the back that works against us. They need to play a smart team game.

Jitters shouldn't happen by game 25 and game 11 of your post season career unless it's game 1 of the NBA finals. Very disappointing and concerning. Game 2 is now 100% must win.

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised if we blow them out this time. 1st game was really awkward. We just have the better team and it should show.

Comment

• How do the raps better align carroll's minutes with Paul George? Does he need to start?

The challenge with him coming off the bench is that he's entering the game as George is getting a rest. If Carroll is only playing limited minutes half of them can't be when George is on the bench.

Comment

• Who is Whoopi supposed to be? Turner or Carrol?

I'm going back to my original Raps in 5.

Comment

• So looks like Carroll isn't 100% based on his minutes. 2+ weeks ago he came out and said he was fully cleared. At what point does the fanbase deserve to be told what is happening? I get that you don't want to tip your hat to the opponent so I am honestly asking, should they provide more info or is it best to keep it in house? Wondering whether our best defender can play and matchup against one the better wing players in the league is frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X