No announcement yet.

Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team success usually isn't that big of a factor most of the time when All-NBA teams are being selected. I guess times are changing a bit... Eh.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Team success usually isn't that big of a factor most of the time when All-NBA teams are being selected. I guess times are changing a bit... Eh.
      People say this, but...

Are we looking at Dray and Klay the same way if Golden State wins 33 games instead of 73?

Are we looking at Kawhi the same way if San Antonio wins 27 games instead of 67 games?

So why can't we look at Lowry a little differently because Toronto won 56?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Nah, DeMar didn't deserve All-NBA. Who would you have taken off for DeMar?
        I don't think DeMar deserves all-NBA. But I don't think Cousins deserves 2nd team.

In fact the whole C position seems fucked to me. I'd probably put Drummond on the first team because I'd put him ahead of either Jordan or Cousins. Cousins is a shithead whose team always sucks. Paul is the best player on LAC, so how does Jordan end up a peg higher on these all-NBA teams? Drummond is the most valuable player to his team out of all those 3. Drummond produced as ridiculous numbers. Drummond's team made a strong push and cracked into the playoffs.

But back to my point about DeMar, I do think if we were an American team, you might see Lowry make it a peg higher, and even if he doesn't, DeMar almost definitely ends up with more than the 26 total vote points he got. Maybe enough to crack into the 3rd team, possibly helped because the media would also love to go with the story of DeMar and Lowry sharing the 3rd team backcourt being fitting or some nonsense. He might knock off Thompson, who got a lot less love compared to Green as GSW's "other" guy after Curry. I mean, Green also doesn't deserve 2nd team if it means George getting knocked down to 3rd. George carried a team of scrubs and nearly upset a much better team almost all on his own.

This shit is kind of nonsense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't think DeMar deserves all-NBA. But I don't think Cousins deserves 2nd team.

In fact the whole C position seems fucked to me. I'd probably put Drummond on the first team because I'd put him ahead of either Jordan or Cousins. Cousins is a shithead whose team always sucks. Paul is the best player on LAC, so how does Jordan end up a peg higher on these all-NBA teams? Drummond is the most valuable player to his team out of all those 3. Drummond produced as ridiculous numbers. Drummond's team made a strong push and cracked into the playoffs.

But back to my point about DeMar, I do think if we were an American team, you might see Lowry make it a peg higher, and even if he doesn't, DeMar almost definitely ends up with more than the 26 total vote points he got. Maybe enough to crack into the 3rd team, possibly helped because the media would also love to go with the story of DeMar and Lowry sharing the 3rd team backcourt being fitting or some nonsense. He might knock off Thompson, who got a lot less love compared to Green as GSW's "other" guy after Curry. I mean, Green also doesn't deserve 2nd team if it means George getting knocked down to 3rd. George carried a team of scrubs and nearly upset a much better team almost all on his own.

Honestly, I think DeMar got more votes than he deserved. He got more than Jimmy Butler. Anyone remember how those matchups went this year?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Basically.

Seems like there's no consistency at all with the voting. That's my issue. I have no preference towards good stats or team impact.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
              Most people are comparing Harden with Klay not Lowry.
              I'll be absolutely honest; Klay was the biggest surprise on that list. Even with the Warriors hype.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                I'll be absolutely honest; Klay was the biggest surprise on that list. Even with the Warriors hype.
                Deandre was. Whiteside had better numbers lol

Comment

Honestly, I think DeMar got more votes than he deserved. He got more than Jimmy Butler. Anyone remember how those matchups went this year?
                  Yeah, but players from non-playoff teams shouldn't make it. That's why I can't stand Cousins being there.

Comment

My mind is completely blown by how many people are mad about Lowry making 3rd team All-NBA over Harden.

Only explanation I can come up with is that they didn't actually watch any Raptors games this year.
                    They don't watch them .. because they aren't on TNT or ESPN all the often....
                    US media teams for all the national tags hung on them.. are a pretty regional group...
                    Ken Berger never gets outta NYC.... Skolnick never leaves South Florida.... Ramona Shelburne sticks to LA....
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

one on one matchups dont determine all-nba. Demar deserved more votes than Butler since they had comparable numbers and DeMar was on a much better team (2 seed in the east as opposed to non playoff team). Also Butler wasn't the defensive stalwart he usually is and the Bulls as a whole weren't a good defensive team so he gets zero credit there.

Comment

Thats too funny....

Wonder what HE and SHE have to say about the demolition of GSW by the Thunder .. They musta missed the 24 and 28 point shit kickings the Warriors took on the road in Oklahoma City. I guess thats different.. since they are the Warriors and all.. So maybe it would be jail time or fines..... seeing the Warriors are already on US Soil...?
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu May 26, 2016, 05:40 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                          one on one matchups dont determine all-nba. Demar deserved more votes than Butler since they had comparable numbers and DeMar was on a much better team (2 seed in the east as opposed to non playoff team). Also Butler wasn't the defensive stalwart he usually is and the Bulls as a whole weren't a good defensive team so he gets zero credit there.
                          This.

& I also feel like Demar should've gotten a little bit more votes, maybe like 10 more points.

But it's all good, I honestly feel like that Demar will be on the thrived or better All NBA team next season.
                          *if he stays healthy*
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                            Nah. There were at least 6 guards in the NBA clearly better than DeMar this year, the 6 guys who made it. DeMar getting any votes is a gift.

Comment

Nah. There were at least 6 guards in the NBA clearly better than DeMar this year, the 6 guys who made it. DeMar getting any votes is a gift.
                              Wait I wasn't saying he should've been on all-NBA, that's definitely not true. I was just saying that he deserved more votes than Butler, comparable numbers in scoring, assists, PER, win shares, TS% and DeRozan's team was way better.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X