Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2016 Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    We lost to the champs.

    Comment


    • #47
      Take it in

      We lost to the champs in 6

      Piston - Swept
      Hawks - Swept
      Warriors - in 7


      Only Warriors (73 win team) out did us
      Abbas wrote:

      First of all i was my own source

      Comment


      • #48
        Abbas wrote: View Post
        Take it in

        We lost to the champs in 6

        Piston - Swept
        Hawks - Swept
        Warriors - in 7


        Only Warriors (73 win team) out did us
        It was a great year. Can't wait for the next season to start.

        Comment


        • #49
          Puffer wrote: View Post
          It was a great year. Can't wait for the next season to start.
          132 days.

          Comment


          • #50
            rocwell wrote: View Post
            132 days.
            Draft on Thursday!
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #51
              Early odds for 2017 title are out..we are 25-1, behind Boston (20-1) and tied with miami
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #52
                KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Early odds for 2017 title are out..we are 25-1, behind Boston (20-1) and tied with miami
                Outright lines were different at open actually. ... Celtics 25/1, Clippers 25/1, Heat 30/1, RAPTORS 40/1

                Comment


                • #53
                  Cool thread idea OP, somehow I missed it.
                  It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Barolt wrote: View Post
                    What I saw in this series is that I'm even more convinced that the guys around your stars aren't nearly as important as who your stars are.

                    Think about how many awful basketball players who wouldn't have been rotation guys on our team played significant minutes in the NBA Finals, because they had Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving on those teams.
                    It's always been a stars' game, and any other winners are exceptions to the rule.
                    It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Lebron finishing that dunk at the end probably would have made me cry. We did damn good for a team that was beat up, going against the champs.

                      Come back next year prepared to be in that situation and maybe we can make it interesting.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Does losing in 6 to the champs that won in 7 change anyone's view point on the raptors? Are we still treadmilling or does this put how close we are to title contention more to the forefronts of your respective minds?
                        I've never understood why people feel better when they can suddenly say "we lost to the champs" vs "we lost". The way we played and the opportunities we had are not impacted by why happened in the Finals after we lost. Our series flaws and successes remain unchanged. Only thing that changed was the unbeatable aura of the Warriors around the league is gone.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Axel wrote: View Post
                          I've never understood why people feel better when they can suddenly say "we lost to the champs" vs "we lost".
                          really? you don't see how one of those is better? if that series is won by the warriors easily, you wouldn't think we were farther away from contention? we had a hard fought series, after being physically and emotionally exhausted with the team that went on to win the championship. a team that steam rolled its other competition.

                          that says a lot to me. we take care of business in round one or two next year and shore up the 4, we could push the cavs to 7. maybe steal it and go to the finals.

                          if you are atlanta or detroit, especially atlanta, it means less because they got swept. we stopped the sweeping and got the series to 6 games.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            really? you don't see how one of those is better?

                            if that series is won by the warriors easily, you wouldn't think we were farther away from contention?
                            I don't think it makes it better in the least. We lost for specific reasons that are not impacted in the least by what happened against the Warriors. Teams match up differently and the Cavs winning the title really doesn't change anything about the fact that we lost to to Cavs in the manner we did.

                            The Warriors might have won in 5 if Green hadn't been suspended. I don't think that would really change our performance against the Cavs. Sure, the Warriors look more beatable today than 2 months ago, but I don't really buy into the vibe of "just happy to be here" in any series. You make the series, you play to win it. I thought would could have won games 6 and 7 against the Cavs if we had punished them inside with JV more. If we had won that, we could easily have been swept or maybe even won. All just hypotheticals.

                            We stopped playing two weeks ago, I don't see how anything that happens after our final buzzer really changes anything. We still need to have a better balanced and diversified offence. We still need to maintain our playoff defence. We still need help at PF.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Axel wrote: View Post
                              The Warriors might have won in 5 if Green hadn't been suspended. I don't think that would really change our performance against the Cavs. Sure, the Warriors look more beatable today than 2 months ago, but I don't really buy into the vibe of "just happy to be here" in any series. You make the series, you play to win it. I thought would could have won games 6 and 7 against the Cavs if we had punished them inside with JV more. If we had won that, we could easily have been swept or maybe even won. All just hypotheticals.
                              i never said be happy to be here. i asked if having a hard fought series against the champions had changed any minds in how far along we are. of course we still lost. no way to tell if the warriors could have won that in 5 games. who knows what would have happened if we were in the finals. maybe we lose in 6 because a team we pushed to 7 won it in 7 games. we can only grade ourselves against the teams we play right. it is safe assumption we did better than both the pistons and hawks against the cavs right? the cavs didn't sweep us right? we won two games there right? those things happened. who knows what would/could have happened if we weren't exhausted, if jv wasn't injured for the first part of the series, who knows.

                              pre-playoffs there was lots of talk about how far we could get. then we got to where we did and the talk was we can't get over that hump and we wouldn't stand a chance against the warriors. well we did, and this is fact, push the team that beat the warriors to 6 games. that happened. with all of our pre-series problems.

                              i can safely assume that had the warriors won in 5 this board would be up about how far we have to go with a 2 that can't shoot, a coach that can't coach etc.etc.

                              personally, i feel somewhat encouraged that we gave the cavs a scare and that we won a couple games. we are definite contenders, in my opinion. need some tweaks and a bunch to go right but we could do it. like someone else said about the mavs. just keep giving yourselves a chance and it could go right.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                we can only grade ourselves against the teams we play right. it is safe assumption we did better than both the pistons and hawks against the cavs right? the cavs didn't sweep us right? we won two games there right? those things happened.
                                Which is why it's irrelevant that the Cavs won the title. We can only grade on what happened with the Raptors, what happens later doesn't matter. The Cavs weren't the champs when we played them. We still have to correct the issues from that Cavs series whether the Cavs beat GSW or not.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X