X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford's way better than Lou but yeah, no thanks
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nicholson would be interesting, i guess. i remember watching him in the pan american games and he was pretty much always out of control. frustrating to watch. can't say i watched any magic games though.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        We all agreed it was a good idea to get rid of Lou... why would we want to bring an older version of him in?
        because YOLO Barolt...YOLO
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Raptors might be showing interest in him (if you can believe the source):
          http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...pers-free.html

Crawford, who does have a meeting scheduled with the Clippers, is also drawing interest from a number of teams in search of a scoring guard. Crawford is expected to receive interest from the New York Knicks, the Miami Heat, the Toronto Raptors, the Dallas Mavericks, the Orlando Magic and the Brooklyn Nets in addition to the Clippers.

EDIT - late to the party: DogeLover1234 broke the story already..

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Crawford's way better than Lou but yeah, no thanks
            Is he? At what?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I could see Nicholson as the backup PF if we completely blow FA and trades.

Start Patterson (make him figure that shit out) have Nicholson off the bench
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• don't come in here with your facts and stats

Comment

The problem with Jamal Crawford is that he's variance to an extreme. He will shoot you into games, and he will shoot you out of games. He's basically what Lou Williams was for us two years ago. We all agreed it was a good idea to get rid of Lou... why would we want to bring an older version of him in?
                  I'm ok with Masai looking to add an experienced vet (with deep playoff experience) to our rotation. Can't have 8 guys with "upside" in a win-now scenario. Our window to compete with this core in only 2-3 years.

Ideally, Ross would be used in a package to significantly increase our talent level. But in a vacuum, I'd be just fine with our backup wings as Crawford and Powell.

Comment

• Could Masai be targeting shooting guards, if he doesn't feel DD will sign?

Comment

And to some extent, that's just basketball.

We missed shots, and that will happen. Do you still think Carroll, Ross and Patterson are good shooters? I do.
                      I think Carroll and Ross are good shooters. 2pat is a player that can shoot. I dont consider him a shooter anymore.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Could Masai be targeting shooting guards, if he doesn't feel DD will sign?
                        This is an interesting question. I've said before that it's interesting the way DeMar and Masai are both hedging on DeMar re-signing. This might also be a sign of the same.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Could Masai be targeting shooting guards, if he doesn't feel DD will sign?
                          I wouldn't read too much into the Crawford stuff. Shockingly, the Raptors are a pretty good team for once, so they will be connected to a bunch of veteran free agents on the theory they will want to shore up the bench for the playoffs, etc. and guys will want to come here to win.

I can't believe I just wrote any of that....

Comment

• Its going to be really disappointing if 2pat Is starting next year.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The problem with Jamal Crawford is that he's variance to an extreme. He will shoot you into games, and he will shoot you out of games. He's basically what Lou Williams was for us two years ago. We all agreed it was a good idea to get rid of Lou... why would we want to bring an older version of him in?
                              Because it would allow Casey to outsource ball-handling responsibilities to someone other than Lowry/DeMar-- which was the reasoning behind bringing Lou here in the first place. It would also give him another late-clock creator, which we know he loves to milk nonstop. I think it's a horrible idea, as I did with bringing in Lou. The Knicks covet him, so perhaps he'll go there.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Its going to be really disappointing if 2pat Is starting next year.
                                My incredibly controversial position is that if 2Pat is our starting 4 next year, we're going to be just fine.

The bench will have 82 games to adjust to him not being there, and we'll make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X