No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dudley is the range I have been thinking about all along. Realistic... both talent and cap wise. He is older and smaller, but it is going to be a tough year for Free Agents. Forget about Horford, even Harrison Barnes is looking for a max deal. I hope the Raps get Horford, West, Durant, etc... but your probably looking at someone in Dudley's (or Leuer's ) range with PP and Bebe backing up JV and a developing big with the pick.
    Last edited by meductic; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Jesse Murmuys left to LA to be with Walton's staff. That sucks. A lotvof players liked him.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The deal fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
        Named to the All-NBA First, Second, or Third team at least twice
        Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
        Congrats Demar, I look forward to seeing you as a Raptor for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of your career.
        Source?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Harrison Barnes at the 4 next year? thoughts?
          No

Comment

• i honestly wouldn't mind Barnes

good 3 point shooter. i like what he did in the playoffs vs. Durant and Lebron on D. he's not a focal guy for an offense but i feel like he could build on what he's done already. i dunno what happens with Carroll though. 6th man? is he ever going to be healthy?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Jesse Murmuys left to LA to be with Walton's staff. That sucks. A lotvof players liked him.
              Yes it's unfortunate for the organization but obviously an opportunity he could not ignore.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
                Dudley is the range I have been thinking about all along. Realistic... both talent and cap wise. He is older and smaller, but it is going to be a tough year for Free Agents. Forget about Horford, even Harrison Barnes is looking for a max deal. I hope the Raps get Horford, West, Durant, etc... but your probably looking at someone in Dudley's (or Leuer's ) range with PP and Bebe backing up JV and a developing big with the pick.
                I wonder if D West might have remorse about signing for a minimum in tougher West (with SA).
                Would he make sense for 2 yrs at MLE?
                Solid 1-2 punch with 2Pat. Give them 22-26 minutes each. Draft (& groom) a PF at No 9.
                I'd say, realistically better chance (from West's point of view) of at least of going to the finals than w SA.
                I agree, Dudley too, BTW would be a decent signing (& an improvement over Scola).

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  i honestly wouldn't mind Barnes

good 3 point shooter. i like what he did in the playoffs vs. Durant and Lebron on D. he's not a focal guy for an offense but i feel like he could build on what he's done already. i dunno what happens with Carroll though. 6th man? is he ever going to be healthy?
                  If landing a super star is plan A, then a player at the level of Harrison Barnes is a great plan B. And I like him playing PF with Carroll at SF.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    If landing a super star is plan A, then a player at the level of Harrison Barnes is a great plan B. And I like him playing PF with Carroll at SF.
                    I like the concept (Carroll & Barnes at 3 & 4), but not sure:
                    1. If Ross for Barnes would be enough from GS point of view;
                    2. Do we even have cap room with just Ross for Barnes -Need an expert opinion here (Dan, please help).

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      I like the concept (Carroll & Barnes at 3 & 4), but not sure:
                      1. If Ross for Barnes would be enough from GS point of view;
                      2. Do we even have cap room with just Ross for Barnes -Need an expert opinion here (Dan, please help).
                      The answer to 2 is a definite no. Barnes is going to command somewhere from $20 mil to a max contract.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I saw this as one of the more realistic trade scenarios in realgm:

Tross + delon wright + 27th

For

Thad young + bogdanovic

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barnes doesn't seem worth the cost, especially if GSW makes you do a sign and trade.

Would rather go after Marvin Williams. Gives you most of the same skills. Is actually stronger than Barnes for playing the 4. Will probably cost something much smaller without having to give up assets on top of it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                            I saw this as one of the more realistic trade scenarios in realgm:

For

Thad young + bogdanovic

What do you guys think?

But... why?

Does that trade make us better by enough to make us an elite team? Probably not.

It does make us older though!
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                              I saw this as one of the more realistic trade scenarios in realgm:

For

Thad young + bogdanovic

What do you guys think?

I think no.

Fucking raptors offseason....how many more Thad Young posts will I have to read?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The deal fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
                                Named to the All-NBA First, Second, or Third team at least twice
                                Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
                                Congrats Demar, I look forward to seeing you as a Raptor for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of your career.
                                Is this an Abbas prediction/wishful-thinking or the reporting of actual fact?

Comment

Working...
                                X