The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Just to put Ross' contract in perspective: Woj said on the LeBatard show this morning that Tyler Johnson projects to get a $10m contract.

The guy who's played 1400 minutes in his NBA career, and couldn't get on the floor in the playoffs when they couldn't find offense.
    I'll believe it when I see it. According to this:
    http://hoopshype.com/storyline/tyler-johnson-free-agency/

Johnson is limited to the MLE for the first two years, meaning someone would have to be willing to throw $18 million at his third year for it to average $10 million. I highly doubt anyone is going to covet Johnson that much.

Zach Lowe thinks it might take $5 million to get Shane Larkin, who is more proven.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16623391/in-addition-big-ticket-contracts-nba-teams-the-lookout-next-big-bargain

Ross improved after the first couple horrendous months to the point where his contract is neutral. I doubt anyone would consider it a bargain though.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Houston could lose Howard and D-mo can play C. Actually thought he fit better there when Howard's been injured. Not the quickest guy to keep up with 4s or play against small lineups. So that adds a dimension for making sure they can keep him. Capella is still skinny and raw, so not ideal to play full time at C. They also still have Harrell as well who can be an energy PF for them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Houston will lose Howard. He's not going back there. Houston is moving on they have the first meeting with Horford tomorrow.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Slow down. 15M isn't happening. Technically Ross for Noel clears about 5.5M, meaning a total of 11M in cap room for so. Throw in additional prospects like BeBe and Siakam, and it can reach up to about 13.5M. But that does mean losing those additional assets (which may be necessary to get Philly to bite anyway).
        If it goes through I think it will be Ross + Bebe for Noel.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I'll believe it when I see it. According to this:
          http://hoopshype.com/storyline/tyler...n-free-agency/

Johnson is limited to the MLE for the first two years, meaning someone would have to be willing to throw $18 million at his third year for it to average $10 million. I highly doubt anyone is going to covet Johnson that much.

Zach Lowe thinks it might take $5 million to get Shane Larkin, who is more proven.
          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...xt-big-bargain

Ross improved after the first couple horrendous months to the point where his contract is neutral. I doubt anyone would consider it a bargain though.
          Bryan Colangelo will.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Honestly, if you don't see how Ross' contract is at the very least reasonable value for his skills, you just don't like Ross and are letting your feelings about him cloud your judgement.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I think ATL is going to lose Horford.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If we got Noel I don't know that if be in a huge rush to add another power forward - we'd already have a pretty full battalion, just like if we sign Biz. I might look to retain JJ, and add a shooter with the MLE.

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Heat wanting to move McRoberts.

Could be a nice plan B. He would fit pretty nicely next to JV.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Heat wanting to move McRoberts.

Could be a nice plan B. He would fit pretty nicely next to JV.
                      He was horrid the past two years, when he could get on the court.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I think ATL is going to lose Horford.
                        If they lose Horford, I don't see why they would keep Millsap. Does Ross, Patterson, Delon and the Clippers pick get it done?

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                          If they lose Horford, I don't see why they would keep Millsap. Does Ross, Patterson, Delon and the Clippers pick get it done?
                          I'm starting to think they are moving Millsap regardless. Apparently they are targeting Dwight to be able to move Horford to PF. So if they lose Horford, maybe the blow it up (and move Millsap) and if they get Dwight and Horford, where does Millsap fit?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Hmm. Ideas, if we do chase the Ross for Noel trade down, and end up with 10-13M in cap space (depending on who all goes out in the deal).

Obviously you try the trade market for a big PF upgrade. But let's say that doesn't work. What can you use 10-13M in clear cap room on?

First off-board option I'm considering: Luol Deng. Offer him 4 years, 45-55M. Not sure what his value will be this off-season. Would work well for small ball around JV and DD. Was still very much a positive contributor at the 4 last year.

Other option? Amir Johnson (if he gets waived, which seems like a foregone conclusion). Bring him back on a short term deal to fill in that PF/C rotation, end up starting PP (or starting Amir in a small minutes Scola role).
                            Is conventional wisdom now that Noel couldn't play as a PF beside JV? I only see him talked about in terms of the back up 5 now.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                              I don't know. Raptors try to trade for Milsap around deadline but, word was they wanted JV in return. Im guessing they would still want the same.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                Is conventional wisdom now that Noel couldn't play as a PF beside JV? I only see him talked about in terms of the back up 5 now.
                                A while ago I hoped he could but I looked into his positional splits, and whenever he plays PF he's terrible and whenever he plays C he's great. I used a couple different references, and they all agreed, but here's 82games:

At C: -7.4 net rating, 21 PER (note that the 76ers as a whole had a -10 net rating)
                                At PF: -18.2 net rating, 12 PER
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X