The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    So you're ok with his right to choose, as long as he doesn't choose to do what you don't want him to do?
    He's a grown man he can do whatever the hell he wants. This decision is just going to ruin his reputation and legacy. Even if the warriors win the next 5 titles, he will forever be known as the bitch that quit his team to go ring chase with the greatest regular season team of all time.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      I don't care about Durant leaving OKC. The messed up part is him joining the greatest regular season of all-time.
      In literally any other context this just makes so much sense.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Sure it is. We spend our whole lives being told what to do in some shape or form except most of use aren't getting paid millions to play something we enjoying doing for free.
        You are suggesting to run NBA like Soviet Union was ran.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Funny how a couple years ago he said he wouldn't be a ring chaser, and here we are.

Comment

Huh?

Teams that made the playoffs this year: Indiana, Charlotte, Atlanta, San Antonio, Cleveland, Portland, Oklahoma City, Memphis.

Teams that missed the playoffs: New York, Chicago, Los Angeles Lakers, Brooklyn Nets.

Clearly, small markets stand no chance against larger markets.

This is about the fact that a player made a choice people don't like, and that means you don't really support his right to choose.

Supporting someone's rights is never about what they do when you agree with them, it's about what they do when you disagree.
            How about teams with a realistic chance of winning anything?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Funny how a couple years ago he said he wouldn't be a ring chaser, and here we are.
              I like D West. He deserves a ring.

Comment

Miami should try to deal Bosh now and begin the rebuild. They have some nice young building blocks.

If Miami calls Toronto should send it immediately to vmail.
                There's no value for bosh it's more than likely he's done last I heard
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

How about teams with a realistic chance of winning anything?
                  Cleveland won the title! Toronto and OKC made the conference Finals!

3 of the last 4 teams standing were 'small market teams'.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    You are suggesting to run NBA like Soviet Union was ran.
                    No I'm suggesting it should be run like the greatest league in North America, maybe the world. The NFL. You don't even know what your missing by the sounds of it.

Also the Soviet Union was a communist state, not a capitalist market with specific regulations to protect the industries. Also communist states are homes to poverty. How much money is Kevin Durant gonna make this year between salary and endorsements? Ridiculous for you to compare one to the other.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      I like D West. He deserves a ring.
                      I don't get how it's satisfying to be like the last guy to sign with an absolutely stacked team, play a mostly bench role, then be like "woo I EARNED that ring that's me baby me!"

Even for kd it's like way to go bro you latched on to a 73 win team that was already odds on favorite by a lot before you even showed up. Lotta blood sweat and tears eh
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Cleveland is an outlier. If James wasn't from Ohio they'd still be a going nowhere organization.

Comment

Now there's arguably only 2 teams with a realistic chance of winning it all. Golden State and Cleveland.

And honestly I don't think Cleveland will have a chance against the warriors.

Comment

• Imagine this: Imagine the first paid job you ever worked, that your boss in that job got to determine where you live and who you work with for the rest of your working life. Imagine that you have no control over that, you effectively can't quit because you won't be able to work again if you do, imagine that you didn't even get to pick the company you worked for in the first place, and imagine that when you leave that company you'll be forced to retire because your body might not be capable of working again.

Now that's the world you're proposing that professional athletes live in.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

No I'm suggesting it should be run like the greatest league in North America, maybe the world. The NFL. You don't even know what your missing by the sounds of it.

Also the Soviet Union was a communist state, not a capitalist market with specific regulations to protect the industries. Also communist states are homes to poverty. How much money is Kevin Durant gonna make this year between salary and endorsements? Ridiculous for you to compare one to the other.
                              You still stuck on how much money he makes. So he makes a lot of money. That means he can't decide what he wants to do? You wanna protect business. But not protect players. NBA as a business will do fine anyway. Fate of one franchise doesn't ruin NBA.

Comment

Imagine this: Imagine the first paid job you ever worked, that your boss in that job got to determine where you live and who you work with for the rest of your working life. Imagine that you have no control over that, you effectively can't quit because you won't be able to work again if you do, imagine that you didn't even get to pick the company you worked for in the first place, and imagine that when you leave that company you'll be forced to retire because your body might not be capable of working again.

Now that's the world you're proposing that professional athletes live in.
                                Sounds like Soviet Union to me. That's why Sabonis never played in NBA

Comment

Working...
                                X