The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't buy that he's an upgrade over Scola. He's a comparable to Scola. Might as well just throw Bruno in there and save the money (only half kidding there).
    He's comparable to Scola? Sully has tremendous defensive numbers.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Disappointed Masai couldn't at least resign JJ.

That cap space is gone to waste now and we won't be able to use it so it would've been nice to see him keep that asset. Would've been another body to throw at PF, and would give us a backup SF, whether Casey uses him or not.

Seems like there really wasn't any reason not to have resigned him.
      Maybe he wanted a chance at a bigger role in Miami.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Disappointed Masai couldn't at least resign JJ.

That cap space is gone to waste now and we won't be able to use it so it would've been nice to see him keep that asset. Would've been another body to throw at PF, and would give us a backup SF, whether Casey uses him or not.

Seems like there really wasn't any reason not to have resigned him.
        I agree. I wish he would have got more PT. He would probably be making more now if he did too.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
          yea, Sully was a starter on a very good Boston team that avg 10 & 8...Scola was basically a locker room vet that looked washed up 20 games in and was relegated to the bench...Also Sully is 24, Scola should be retiring lol He's an upgrade
          Scola started in 76 games, and the Raptors performed better than Boston. Scola averaged 15 and 8 per36. Sully 16 and 13. We don't need a rebounder in the starting unit since we already have JV gobbling up most of the boards.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I watched a lot of Celtics games last year. Sully's defense has gotten visibly better than it used to be.

Comment

Scola started in 76 games, and the Raptors performed better than Boston. Scola averaged 15 and 8 per36. Sully 16 and 13. We don't need a rebounder in the starting unit since we already have JV gobbling up most of the boards.
              You can never have enough good rebounders on the floor at once.

Comment

• The new Biyombo. Get ready for Contract Year Sullinger!!!!

Next year he will be signing with another team for 4 years, $80 million.

Comment

His rim protection stats suck. Was it that he gobbled up a lot of rebounds? Can't see him running out to the perimeter due to his lack of agility.

Comment

"we dont need a rebounder" is like saying "we dont need a shooter" or "dont need a passer"

You always like those things.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sully is a solid signing.

Clearly PF is still the spot to upgrade via trade at some point. In the meantime, PP and Sully + the young guys with lots to prove = a pretty smart stopgap. That's not bad if that's your weakest position.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Being a UFA wonder if Masai had a heart-to-heart with the lug about him dropping a few kilos....before signing him.

I dont how true it is that Boston let him go because of his weight. I saw where Brad Stevens indicated it was the Horton signing which made him expendable. It maybe just pc though.

Anyway I look forward to the games against the Celtics with a committed and motivated Sullinger.

Comment

• omg omg ogmgomogm yayayayayayayya
                          Jared Sullinger!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            "we dont need a rebounder" is like saying "we dont need a shooter" or "dont need a passer"

You always like those things.
                            Okay fine.. but Scola grabbed 5 per game. Sully 8. It's a difference but not that huge in my opinion.

Still not seeing the massive upgrade here that most are.

Comment

• The other point - now, if we make a trade to upgrade the PF spot, say at the trade deadline, or even earlier in the winter, we don't have to include one of CoJo or PP just to make salaries work for a big money player. Ross, Sully (expiring), and prospects and you can absorb practically any deal out there.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The other point - now, if we make a trade to upgrade the PF spot, say at the trade deadline, or even earlier in the winter, we don't have to include one of CoJo or PP just to make salaries work for a big money player. Ross, Sully (expiring), and prospects and you can absorb practically any deal out there.
                                This I like.

Comment

Working...
                                X