No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after Sully we got 1 open spot and $2.2mil left to spend barring a trade, any suggestions on who we can snag with bi-annual exception in todays market?

the team should add some wing depth in the 3pt shooting department. FA market is pretty limited given the contract we're able to hand out...Gerald Green or Dorell Wright are the only names that come to mind that fit the need and budget.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
      after Sully we got 1 open spot and $2.2mil left to spend barring a trade, any suggestions on who we can snag with bi-annual exception in todays market?

the team should add some wing depth in the 3pt shooting department. FA market is pretty limited given the contract we're able to hand out...Gerald Green or Dorell Wright are the only names that come to mind that fit the need and budget.
      Melvin Ejim?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
        Melvin Ejim?
        we could get him for a lot less but why not...he really impressed in the FIBA tourney and was 41% 3pt shooter in the d-league however as a role player maybe we should get more of a vetern presence...Kevin Martin? Steve Novak 2.0?lol
        Last edited by RepTdot; Mon Jul 11, 2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
          Melvin Ejim?
          man did his range improve this year

Comment

• Raps have to move Ross. If not, where would Powell get his minutes? or should I ask, where would Ross get his minutes?

Powell is LEGIT man.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
              we could get him for a lot less but why not...he really impressed in the FIBA tourney and was 41% 3pt shooter in the d-league however as a role player maybe we should get more of a vetern presence...Kevin Martin? Steve Novak 2.0?lol
              I agree we should look for vets, but with Ejim there may be long term potential? Seems like a hard worker who keeps getting better every year. Maybe could lift some of the burden off of Carrol?

Comment

• Ejim is locked into a deal overseas, may be an option after the trade deadline when the season over there ends.

I think Dorell Wright would be a pretty neat pickup for the BAE. Certainly would want a 3/4 combo. Even DeAndre Daniels might be a decent signing if you can't find a vet who fits the profile (big defender, good shooter).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i have a soft spot for him just for his Canada Basketball work...i'd buy into it. Dorell Wright had been thrown around here for a couple seasons now...with Delon and the need for a 3pt shooter depth he's a solid vet to consider

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Raps have to move Ross. If not, where would Powell get his minutes? or should I ask, where would Ross get his minutes?

Powell is LEGIT man.
                    last year DC being hurt opened up minutes for both but at the 3 we are paying to much for dc to miss that many games

Comment

• We need to sign a washed up vet that can keep the locker room motivated throughout the season, like RJ, KG or Haslem. Scola was that last season. But they Casey overplayed him, obviously.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        We need to sign a washed up vet that can keep the locker room motivated throughout the season, like RJ, KG or Haslem. Scola was that last season. But they Casey overplayed him, obviously.
                        Man that sounds depressing...why not just keep Scola if he is willing for the vet minimum. He was a good team mate, a pro and good off the court...and be used in small bursts, practices and emergencies.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          We need to sign a washed up vet that can keep the locker room motivated throughout the season, like RJ, KG or Haslem. Scola was that last season. But they Casey overplayed him, obviously.
                          I think someone like Tayshaun Prince. Won with the Pistons might take 1 year vet min to be a locker room guy and could catch a bit of burn at SF with injuries. Obviously not gonna make us any better on the court but might be a good motivational guy to have around.

Comment

• http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...year-contract/

how about fred van fleet?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I don't buy that he's an upgrade over Scola. He's a comparable to Scola. Might as well just throw Bruno in there and save the money (only half kidding there).
                              He's a huge upgrade over Scola

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Ejim is locked into a deal overseas, may be an option after the trade deadline when the season over there ends.

I think Dorell Wright would be a pretty neat pickup for the BAE. Certainly would want a 3/4 combo. Even DeAndre Daniels might be a decent signing if you can't find a vet who fits the profile (big defender, good shooter).
                                Yeah I read all the pages since the Sullinger's news thinking about DeAndre Daniels. Would there be a chance? Can he make it?

Comment

Working...
                                X