The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    KD just gonna return to the Thunder in 4 years and say "I'm Back", then win a ring or something I think
    That's if the franchise is still there. OKC isn't exactly a monster fanbase without Durant and Westbrook. He might be heading back to Seattle after the team relocates again.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      The thing is, Durant took less money to leave.

Nike made this possible, by paying Durant $300m to go to a large market.

The league can't account for that.
      Also true. Until max salaries are removed, it is impossible for NBA salaries to hold leverage against marketing potential.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Very disappointed in KD. This is Lebrons "Decision" all over again. His brand just TANKED.

Comment

• So, who's still wishing we'd sold out our future to get Millsap?

We still wouldn't contend with that Warriors team.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Thats exactly why its so stupid tho. An MVP caliber guy like that shouldnt be joining contenders to win a ring. He's not 36, hes in his prime. Where is the competition?
            This shit used to never happen. Now it seems to be the norm; superstar players joining forces because they're too afraid of losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I don't blame him for one reason. OKC's owner was never wanting to go into the tax for his team.

Comment

• Anyway,

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw/salary/

Last edited by Mess; Mon Jul 4, 2016, 12:14 PM.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                i dont think that.

i just think that these guys are well compensated for the "loud noises" they may face from their choices.
                I'm all good with online overreactions. With that in mind, I hate the Warriors even more now

The Boston team would have been more fun/interesting, only problem was they're in our division. Really would have liked to have seen Durant with that roster & Brad Stevens. It would have been good basketball.

I gotta think about the GSW fit. You bring three 20+ ppg guys together (all perimeter guys, no less), and one or two of them will have to adapt or some of your talent/potential is redundant. Chris Bosh made it work in Miami, KG/Pierce/Ray had diverse enough skills to adapt and contribute, how do Curry/Klay/KD adapt? I'm guessing Klay becomes even more of a Boston Ray Allen (defense and 3 point shooting).

They have to keep Iggy. Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Draymond. Ouch.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I hated GSW before (because of Draymond) but now they are the new villains. Bandwagon gonna be crazy.

Comment

So, who's still wishing we'd sold out our future to get Millsap?

We still wouldn't contend with that Warriors team.
                    You mean you don't wanna fight for forth place?!
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

By the way, the other thing that just happened:

Any hope we had of getting veteran's on vet's minimum deals to sign with us because we're a 'contender' just went out the window.
                      Not sure that it true and it may be the opposite. Not everyone can sign with the Warriors. Now it's that much easier to get to the finals in the East rather than the west. Anything can happen in the Finals (sort of).

Comment

• Well the NBA is practically dead.

What sport do I follow now?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Whatever, the guy just gave 9 years to OKC/Seattle, he's a UFA, he's free to go wherever the f*ck he wants.
                          Pretty much this.

I have no problem with him going to the Warriors. I may not like it from a basketball perspective; but I have no problem with it. I do find it a little strange that, if he was going to do the 1+1 thing like everyone thought; why he wouldn't just do it in OKC.

That decision itself I guess makes more sense if he didn't want to put the OKC fans through that again.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Wow, Durant to the Warriors... I hate this lack of loyalty in modern day NBA. I wish it was more like the NFL...

Comment

• SO to Demar for actually being loyal though.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Not sure that it true and it may be the opposite. Not everyone can sign with the Warriors. Now it's that much easier to get to the finals in the East rather than the west. Anything can happen in the Finals (sort of).
                                But if you can't go to the Warriors and get your ring, guys are going to want to get paid now. You don't go to a team that's not these Warriors to get a ring, and this market is great for guys to get paid.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X