No announcement yet.

Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am off of the jv for boogie now. i was pro that trade 2 months ago. if jv can continue the trajectory that he showed in round one and two he is a major major player. then you don't need to worry about the locker room, or technical fouls at horrible momentum killing moments. i think you keep jv over demarcus now.

getting demarcus to play beside jv. that would be awesome

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      and JV is also unguardable.
      Is he though? Do we really know that? It's easy to extrapolate from where he is now but we haven't seen Valaciunas used as a primary option for longer than stretches. To to say he's unguardable based on his a career so far would be a stretch. Boogie is a lot closer to it.

I don't think Ujiri would deal for him but this is the most fun hypothetical to play devil's advocate with.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
        Is he though? Do we really know that? It's easy to extrapolate from where he is now but we haven't seen Valaciunas used as a primary option for longer than stretches. To to say he's unguardable based on his a career so far would be a stretch. Boogie is a lot closer to it.

I don't think Ujiri would deal for him but this is the most fun hypothetical to play devil's advocate with.
        Here's the answer to the question of 'Is JV unguardable?'

Name 5 guys in the NBA who can shut down JV one on one.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          That doesn't really make sense.

On the miracle chance you could get Durant or George. Why wouldn't they be #1 with DeRozan and JV as 2A and 2B? Lowry's getting older anyway and could act as a facilitator and maybe closer type player and just pace himself for the rest of the game.

Or even worst case DeRozan could play 30 minutes a game off the bench. Like how Manu moved to the bench for the Spurs.
          except that lowry isn't really very good when playing the purely deferential PG.

No, if the miracle of Durant happened, Derozan would be gone for sure, IMO.

Comment

• that's one lmao
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that's one lmao
              JV this year against New Orleans: 15/9.5 in 27 MPG, 69.3% true shooting, +28 net rating.

Comment

JV this year against New Orleans: 15/9.5 in 27 MPG, 69.3% true shooting, +28 net rating.
                LOL relax
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Here's the answer to the question of 'Is JV unguardable?'

Name 5 guys in the NBA who can shut down JV one on one.
                  Most centers in the league?

We're talking about JV here man. Not Shaquille O'neal. Come on now lol. His offensive game/post up game is a work in progress.

Look, he's a good young player. He was terrific in the playoffs. But he got most of his points via energy plays. Dunks, put backs, offensive rebounds etc...
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                    Because Boogie could rule the East after the age of LeBron.

Seriously, I know he's nuts but god damn he's a monster, a top 5 talent and what he needs to grow up is tailor made for what the Raps have built. Yeah it's a gamble and it's a tough sell to gamble at all right now, but dat upside tho...

I mean how could you not want to watch a Lowry - DeRozan - Carroll - Patterson - Cousins lineup? That team would be a nightmare matchup, DeRozan's game would open up a ton with Cousins spacing the floor and it certainly wouldn't hurt Lowry's. More importantly he brings much needed passing skill and the ability to effectively generate great looks in the paint when the defence overplays on the wings. And if he actually tried on defence....?

He also might kick DeRozan's kid on the locker room. Who knows?
                    Boogie is massively overrated. He's a volume scorer and not very efficient. Basically the center version of Rudy Gay. He's only hit league average ORTG (105) once in his career... just barely (107). He's typically around 102/103, which means he's chucking you out of games. He's basically been able to get a pass because of his extremely high USG (30%+). He's a pseudo-star, just like Rudy Gay (and formerly Demar). I'm surprised we have all these advanced stats geeks on this site, who haven't pointed this out.

There's a reason why he's always fighting with his coaches and his team never makes the playoffs. That reason is Boogie.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Most centers in the league?

We're talking about JV here man. Not Shaquille O'neal. Come on now lol. His offensive game/post up game is a work in progress.

Look, he's a good young player. He was terrific in the playoffs. But he got most of his points via energy plays. Dunks, put backs, offensive rebounds etc...
                      I mean, you didn't actually name a single guy...

And Whiteside, who was a DPOY candidate, got dominated by JV in the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Boogie is massively overrated. He's a volume scorer and not very efficient. Basically the center version of Rudy Gay. He's only hit league average ORTG (105) once in his career... just barely (107). He's typically around 102/103, which means he's chucking you out of games. He's basically been able to get a pass because of his extremely high USG (30%+). He's a pseudo-star, just like Rudy Gay (and formerly Demar). I'm surprised we have all these advanced stats geeks on this site, who haven't pointed this out.

There's a reason why he's always fighting with his coaches and his team never makes the playoffs. That reason is Boogie.
                        I actually have written basically this same thing about Boogie, backed it up with stats, showed that JV is basically as good as Boogie was at the same age with more efficiency and much, much less usage...

People here think that the title of 'All-star' means more than anything else though.

Comment

I mean, you didn't actually name a single guy...

And Whiteside, who was a DPOY candidate, got dominated by JV in the playoffs.
                          What's the point?

I've watched like 70 whatever Raptors games this year. He's not that good. His offensive game is a work in progress. I remember him struggling posting up Patrick Beverley. PATRICK BEVERLEY.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            What's the point?

I've watched like 70 whatever Raptors games this year. He's not that good. His offensive game is a work in progress. I remember him struggling posting up Patrick Beverley. PATRICK BEVERLEY.
                            Well, how could miles of evidence that he's efficient, a top 20 PER, top 20 WS/48, top 10 fg% and ts%, ever top one piece of anecdotal evidence that he once had a bad possession.

Comment

Well, how could miles of evidence that he's efficient, a top 20 PER, top 20 WS/48, top 10 fg% and ts%, ever top one piece of anecdotal evidence that he once had a bad possession.
                              Listen, i'm not going to go back and forth with you. Believe what you want to believe.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I actually have written basically this same thing about Boogie, backed it up with stats, showed that JV is basically as good as Boogie was at the same age with more efficiency and much, much less usage...

People here think that the title of 'All-star' means more than anything else though.
                                Can't even really compare JV and Boogie, because the USG gap is so large. Firstly, I seriously doubt that JV could maintain even Boogie's inefficient 102 ORTG at 30% USG - JV's offensive repertoire just isn't that diversified yet and maybe never will be. I think 23-25% is probably JV's absolute ceiling.

Conversely, I doubt that Boogie would ever be happy taking less shots to become more efficient unless he's playing alongside Lebron and Steph, with Pop coaching. Even then....

DMC-Lowry-DD on the Raps could be the 2013 Lowry-DD-Gay horror show all over again. I really hope Boston lands DMC and he can eff them up for a few seasons. We'll see how good a coach Brad Stevens really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X