Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I'd trade the 9th overall pick for Blake for sure. MAYBE for Love and Ibaka. For Millsap? no.
    Millsap would lead to more overall wins than all of those guys...don't get me started TRex!
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      What teams are lining up to trade for Kevin Love right now?
      Boston would probably be interested in I can't see a Dantoni lead Houston not sniffing around
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Agree, but I was referring more to how to beat the Cav's. We played well against GS by playing their type of game with good ball movement and good defence, so I feel like we are closer to mimicking their type of team than a lot of other people trying to do it. Not saying we are as good as them.
        I've been thinking the same thing two. We'd lost to GSW but it may be different. Our strength has always been that we have very good starters and a very good bench. That works great in the regular season where the difference between our bench and another team's might be the difference in the game. That fell apart in the playoffs when the superstars play 45 minutes a game and you lose that edge. But GS plays a more balanced game. Cleveland has a very top heavy rotation and the bench is getting killed. I have to think our team could hold their own against Barbosa

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          I'd trade the 9th overall pick for Blake for sure. MAYBE for Love and Ibaka. For Millsap? no.
          Millsap is better than Love and Ibaka. Or is that just an age thing?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            What teams are lining up to trade for Kevin Love right now?
            Even if there were none:

That doesn't mean they're going to give him away for 2Pat, Ross and a couple late 1sts. How does that make them better?

Comment

• Kevin Love is going to the Lakers. It was already a pre arranged setting. He agreed to sign back with the Cavs to try this year once and move on if he fails so that Cavs have something to show for that Wiggins trade. Kevin Love desperately wanted to go to Lakers before Lebron happened in Cleveland.

Oh and Kyrie is gone for Chris Paul.

If Masai is smart he can jump in the middle to snatch some value from these trades. I'm looking at that number 2 pick from Lakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                Kevin Love is going to the Lakers. It was already a pre arranged setting. He agreed to sign back with the Cavs to try this year once and move on if he fails so that Cavs have something to show for that Wiggins trade. Kevin Love desperately wanted to go to Lakers before Lebron happened in Cleveland.

Oh and Kyrie is gone for Chris Paul.

If Masai is smart he can jump in the middle to snatch some value from these trades. I'm looking at that number 2 pick from Lakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                What are the Lakers going to send to the Cavaliers to get Love if they're trading the #2 pick separately? Cleveland isn't going to trade Love for unproven prospects like Randle or Clarkson or Russell.

Love isn't a free agent this year man. He signed a 5 year deal with the Cavs last offseason. He can't just leave he has to be traded.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                  What are the Lakers going to send to the Cavaliers to get Love if they're trading the #2 pick separately? Cleveland isn't going to trade Love for unproven prospects like Randle or Clarkson or Russell.

Love isn't a free agent this year man. He signed a 5 year deal with the Cavs last offseason. He can't just leave he has to be traded.
                  You do realize you can involve multiple teams in a trade right. If Lakers were to throw that second pick in I'm sure multiple teams will jump in to send whatever Cavs would want for Kevin Love.

Also, star players have a certain say in where they want to be traded. It's the new. NBA player relationships and player agent relationships are that much more important. If Kevin love says he wants to be traded to the Lakers and the Lakers are interested, it will go down on a fair deal.

Comment

• lol Kyrie for Chris Paul...I won't be surprised if Kyrie is gone and I know Doc wouldn't be upset with his son being the starting PG, but that's funny.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Golden State is just a special team. As long as they stay healthy they are the title favorites for the next decade.

Doesn't mean other teams should stop trying to make big trades happen.

Comment

• Love for Millsap makes sense for both teams.

Love gives Atlanta more offense, someone who's signed for a long time, and a guy who can be your number 1 option offensively.

Millsap gives Cleveland a better two way player, a guy who's game works as a third option offensively.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Love for Millsap makes sense for both teams.

Love gives Atlanta more offense, someone who's signed for a long time, and a guy who can be your number 1 option offensively.

Millsap gives Cleveland a better two way player, a guy who's game works as a third option offensively.
                          Actually yeah doing this and then sending Kyrie for CP3 would make Cleveland a lot better.

Comment

• Love can space the floor.. put up 20 ppg, and rebound. We have guys that can rebound. We have guys that can sore. And I don't want to spend $20M a year on a floor spacer. I'd rather have a floor spacer that can defend. Someone like Ariza - who'd be much cheaper.

So pass.

As for teams that would be interested? Lots. Houston, Boston and LAC make the most sense though. Teams like Detroit, Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago, NOLA, Sacramento, and Dallas would probably all be interested too.

Comment

• Anyone got any ideas for under the radar trades for guys who could break out given the chance? Harder to identify but potentially bigger bang for your buck.

Comment

• I have a half baked theory (okay, extremely half baked) that Kyrie will end up with the Clippers in exchange for CP3 and then Love is jettisoned to the Knicks as part of a deal for Carmelo.

Comment

Working...
                                X