Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I would do a package of #9 for favours for sure.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
    From value standpoint sure, but I'm doubtful Jazz pull the trigger even if we package Ross+PPat+#9+Other Pick

Also what would you do with him? Count on developing reliable mid-range game from him or/and JV or use Favors as trade bait, as his contract is pure honey. Finding suitors for Favors shouldn't be that hard, maybe some 3-4 teams deal will suffice that may give us better fit.

Following OKC recent game plan you can see that 2 big men lineups still work, but both Kanter/Ibaka show some mid-range game that extends to 3pt line that makes it possible.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
      From value standpoint sure, but I'm doubtful Jazz pull the trigger even if we package Ross+PPat+#9+Other Pick

Also what would you do with him? Count on developing reliable mid-range game from him or/and JV or use Favors as trade bait, as his contract is pure honey. Finding suitors for Favors shouldn't be that hard, maybe some 3-4 teams deal will suffice that may give us better fit.

Following OKC recent game plan you can see that 2 big men lineups still work, but both Kanter/Ibaka show some mid-range game that extends to 3pt line that makes it possible.
      i think favors could play with jv, even today casey was mentioning pushing jvs range to the 3 line. also looking at kanter in okc i can't believe he didn't work with favors.

edit add
      yeah, i don't think utah makes the deal.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i think favors could play with jv, even today casey was mentioning pushing jvs range to the 3 line. also looking at kanter in okc i can't believe he didn't work with favors.

edit add
        yeah, i don't think utah makes the deal.
        We would probably need to give them Cory Joseph

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          We would probably need to give them Cory Joseph
          And future picks, just like for Millsap. But I neither think they would give us this rising star...

Comment

Utah isnt going to let go of Favors, especially for picks and Ross. Maybe however they would trade Lyles for something like cojo and the 27 (May take more, but there is a start). Lyles had a great rookie year looking at his stats, good shooter impressive win share/48 good rebounder etc. he would fit really well with JV on offense and be a good enough defender.

Comment

Starting PF: I would trade TRoss and a pick(s) (we just have too many)

Favors: I love him, but Utah is in a great situation and won't consider trading their young starting PF who's at a friendly contract..

Millsap: He fits perfectly, despite being 31, but his $40 owed for the next two years means that if DD comes back you need to do a lot of trimming that would weaken the bench considerably.

Ibaka: That would be amazing. Still young, fit perfectly next to JV (rebounding, D and 3) and wages match with a TRoss trade. MU could pull this one off if OKC loses to GSW and KD walks. African connection could be MU's ace in the sleeve..

Other less than ideal considerations (Young, Faried and Koufos)

If we pull this one off, then I would sign in free agency Dudley as a backup SF and Powell from Dallas. DoMo is interesting too but won't be cheap. The only thing missing would be a veteran SG (lots of young blood in our backcourt CJ, NP, DW) and I would keep one of the picks for the front court.

Depth Chart would look something like this:
              1 2 3
              PG KL CoJo Wright
              SG DD Norm veteran
              SF DC Dudley Bruno
              PF Ibaka PP Powell
              C JV Bebe pick

Comment

Please stop.

Terrence Ross and a pick, especially one that's at best late lottery, is not getting an elite power forward in a trade.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Please stop.

Terrence Ross and a pick, especially one that's at best late lottery, is not getting an elite power forward in a trade.
                  I think in the situation where Atlanta does opt to rebuild. Ross, the 9th pick, plus other picks and prospects is a very competitive offer for Millsap who would be expiring. Only contenders would really be pursuing him and most would not have that kind of package to offer. The competitor might be Boston, but we've seen a reluctance from Ainge to pull the trigger on anything unless he's getting a bonafide superstar and giving up #3 for a rental would probably be too risky for him.

Comment

Heard Noel is somewhat available. His offensive game is kind of limited at this point but he's got the potential to be an elite defender. Would be interesting.

I'd pass of Horford and wouldn't give up the farm for Milsap.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                      I think in the situation where Atlanta does opt to rebuild. Ross, the 9th pick, plus other picks and prospects is a very competitive offer for Millsap who would be expiring. Only contenders would really be pursuing him and most would not have that kind of package to offer. The competitor might be Boston, but we've seen a reluctance from Ainge to pull the trigger on anything unless he's getting a bonafide superstar and giving up #3 for a rental would probably be too risky for him.
                      Same could apply with OKC if they decide to rebuild around Russ-Kanter-Adams. Plus Ibaka has only 1 year left

Comment

Favours, Milsap, Ibaka or Horford would not have helped us in the ECF. Don't know why people are targeting bigs like these. Paul George all the way, for me. Picks, DeRozan, Ross, I would give up if we could pry George from Indiana.

Lowry,
                        Powell
                        Carroll
                        George
                        JV

I think that line up has a chance against Cleveland
                        Last edited by LJ2; Sun May 29, 2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

If you had Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Derrick Favors, or Serge Ibaka, would you trade any of those guys for Terrence Ross and Henry Ellenson?

Can we drop this silly line of thinking.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Favours, Milsap, Ibaka or Horford would not have helped us in the ECF. Don't know why people are targeting bigs like these. Paul George all the way, for me. Picks, DeRozan, Ross, I would give up if we could pry George from Indiana.
                            Millsap led the league in defensive win shares and is probably the 4th best player in the east after LeBron, George and Lowry. He's a legit scoring threat who can space the floor as well as bang inside, can defend small ball 4s, big 3s and even some 5s.

Going from Luis Scola starting to Millsap would be a massive upgrade and at full strength Cleveland would have a lot of problems hanging with us. Obviously if you can get Paul George you do that, but I don't see how Indiana would have any incentive to trade him when he's locked up for 2 more years.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              If you had Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Derrick Favors, or Serge Ibaka, would you trade any of those guys for Terrence Ross and Henry Ellenson?

Can we drop this silly line of thinking.
                              Didn't tons of Raptors fans want to trade DeRozan for Stauskas around the 2014 draft? That's not a good argument.

Comment

Of the group of bigs mentioned, Milsap is the best fit, Imo. However, he doesn't help us against Cleveland. You need a guy on or close to the lvl of LeBron, and Molsap is not that.

Comment

Working...
                                X