Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    If you had Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Derrick Favors, or Serge Ibaka, would you trade any of those guys for Terrence Ross and Henry Ellenson?

Can we drop this silly line of thinking.
    did any of those guys score 51? yeah I don't think so
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If you had Paul Millsap, Al Horford, Derrick Favors, or Serge Ibaka, would you trade any of those guys for Terrence Ross and Henry Ellenson?

Can we drop this silly line of thinking.
      First, stop categorizing all trade ideas as Ross plus 9. There's a clear implication (and many times outright stated) that additional picks and prospects would be added.

Also, your question should be re-iterated as, if you had one of those guys, and there was a very real danger of them hitting free agency and bolting, would you trade them for Ross plus 9 plus extra assets?

Plus, good going picking the least appealing guy at 9 for your example. Try an upside guy like Chriss or Skal and instantly it looks better.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        First, stop categorizing all trade ideas as Ross plus 9. There's a clear implication (and many times outright stated) that additional picks and prospects would be added.

Also, your question should be re-iterated as, if you had one of those guys, and there was a very real danger of them hitting free agency and bolting, would you trade them for Ross plus 9 plus extra assets?

Plus, good going picking the least appealing guy at 9 for your example. Try an upside guy like Chriss or Skal and instantly it looks better.
        A lot of sites are projecting Ellenson around the 9 pick, though. I didn't just pull that one out of the blue.

And I still think the price of those guys is much, much higher. Again, 3-4 picks plus prospects was the price for Horford at the trade deadline, for a 3-4 month rental.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
          Three criteria we should be looking for:
          - Can shoot 3s or is really solid in mid-range
          - Experienced in the playoffs
          - Solid Defender
          So if we really want to get someone that ticks all these 3 marks and is possible to get I see only one guy: Paul Milsap (his , and that's also if 1 of 2 happens: either Atlant embraces that their window faded and it's to move to Schroder centered rebuild or Horford bolts and they are forced to do that. Also you have to hope that are no other suitors with similar or better assets at that point (like Boston) and they bite on sth like that, matching salaries is really hard in this situation:
          ATL Gets:
          - Tor 1st 2017
          - Clippers '17
          - Tor 1st 2019
          - T.J. Ross
          - Bebe
          - Wright
          - Bruno
          TOR Gets:
          - Paul Milsap

It's just basic framework of what Milsap might cost in the trade, but lurking through stats and possibilities it's only option that moves the needle.
          If that's what a 1-year Paul Millsap rental costs, I'm out.

I'm also going to pretend I didn't just read that Millsap is almost as good as prime Garnett. That's ridiculous. KG would take his lunch money and make him cry. Millsap's a full tier below KG.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If you are getting an all star, or even just a very good PF. I promise you that the trade will hurt a little bit.

Even someone like Thaddeus Young (not advocating for this deal) Would take Ross, Wright and 9th

When constructing a scenario put yourself in the other GMs shoes.

If you are rebuilding it makes sense to go after picks and Ross.

If you are tweaking a roster it makes sense to target our bench

If you are unloading an unhappy all star (cousins) You are gonna want at least 3 1st rounders, a solid player and a couple of young guys.

I heard it somewhere that a good deal leaves both sides a little bit chaffed
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Please stop.

Terrence Ross and a pick, especially one that's at best late lottery, is not getting an elite power forward in a trade.
              Then maybe we should target a young, rising one? Like Myles Turner? Probably not worth Ross + the pick, but Ross alone or the pick alone? Might be doable.

Turner can shoot, defend, and rebound well. He might be a really good fit besides JV.

Comment

I see ZERO chance of them giving up Turner (I've been wrong before though)
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

PG13 for #9 + Carroll + Powell

Makes sense if Pacers going for a rebuild and PG doesnt wanna go through another rebuild again

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post
                    PG13 for #9 + Carroll + Powell

Makes sense if Pacers going for a rebuild and PG doesnt wanna go through another rebuild again
                    Bird will laugh at us before hanging up

Only way we get PG is for JV ++ Powell Delon + 9th + LAC Pick + Money

But I will do throw this at Pacers for PG anyday
                    Carroll + Powell + Wright + 9th + 27th + 2017 LAC + 2017 Raps first
                    for PG
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

The Pacers have no reason to trade PG

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        I see ZERO chance of them giving up Turner (I've been wrong before though)
                        Yeah. I have no idea why Indy would trade Turner. They have no one like him on their team, and they want to win. He's the second best player on that roster.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                          Bird will laugh at us before hanging up

Only way we get PG is for JV ++ Powell Delon + 9th + LAC Pick + Money

But I will do throw this at Pacers for PG anyday
                          Carroll + Powell + Wright + 9th + 27th + 2017 LAC + 2017 Raps first
                          for PG
                          I think that trade would work, especially if PG wanted out of Indiana rebuilding. I would do that deal as well, just put mine as the starting base

Comment

Yeah. I have no idea why Indy would trade Turner. They have no one like him on their team, and they want to win. He's the second best player on that roster.
                            New HC Nate McMillan likened him to Aldridge.... yeah they're probably keeping him.

Comment

How do people feel about jabari Parker? Does he fit, can we get him? I watched him at Duke but not on the bucks.

Comment

It's hard to know what Milwuakee is up to...I find it very difficult to determine their direction

Comment

Working...
                                X