The Official 2016 Raptors Summer League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
    ya I caught the game late and he hit a corner three with nice form then missed one that was contested on the next play I posted on here if anyone who watched him in the 905 every saw him beat someone off the dribble then the next play he does and smitty is commenting on how good his handle is for a guy his size. They are replaying the game in an hour so I going to pay attention to how he did.
    Yes, I've seen him do it on 905. Hes very awkward but hes hard to contest if he actually can handle the ball to the rim. His arms are so long it looks like he has a high dribble bc his body is so upright. Lacks confidence and create space on the first step. He's mostly worked on attacking the closeout and feeling comfortable to make a decision when he gets the ball in that position. He just hasn't played the game much, ever.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      yeah i think you decrease kyle's minutes ...play kyle like miami played wade the two years ago. he should be playing 70-72 games next year in the regular season. Have him average 30 minutes flat. Give Delon a chance with 5 minutes to start the season and grow it to 10 if it warrants it.
      A little way back on this thread some one was talking about masai's interview and him wanting a starting power forward acquired thru trade so I guess I asking if delon could be the primary back up if Cory was traded

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Yes, I've seen him do it on 905. Hes very awkward but hes hard to contest if he actually can handle the ball to the rim. His arms are so long it looks like he has a high dribble bc his body is so upright. Lacks confidence and create space on the first step. He's mostly worked on attacking the closeout and feeling comfortable to make a decision when he gets the ball in that position. He just hasn't played the game much, ever.
        he did pull it off today for a pull up two and did look good on that particular play.

Comment

• Thnx. I missed the game. I don't have a link for nbatv Canada. Anyone got one?

Comment

• Definitely a class above the summer league competition.

Norm's 3 pointer is looking so much better. If he can keep it up Tross may become expendable soon.

Comment

• Bruno was +11. Which is the highest +/- Interesting
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Bruno was +11. Which is the highest +/- Interesting
                He was 2nd at +34 in game one

Comment

• Frick norm goes downhill with such power and speed he did it spurts last year and while re watching the game he done it quite a few times. He's reminds me of westbrook and lebron in that way

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I can't believe people were down on Bruno's performance this game. He looked really good. A few gaffes, as usual, but he hit his shots, he essentially caused a 5 second call all by himself, and he was pretty good defensively outside of getting lost a couple times. Nice look in the post too, very smooth motion.
                    Agreed. Didn't watch the whole game, but he looked good. He made his shots and he had a nice dribble move (even though he didn't make the shot)

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Man, the confidence Powell has in that shot....

Ross is sooo expendable.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Man, the confidence Powell has in that shot....

Ross is sooo expendable.
                          Yeah, I think his value is high with the Crabbe signing and it will lessen when he is backing up Powell. Best to trade him this summer.

Comment

• Why people saying Yak had a bad game? He was solid last night. 6 points 6 rebounds and 3 blocks.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Why people saying Yak had a bad game? He was solid last night. 6 points 6 rebounds and 3 blocks.
                              He was fine. Got called for some crap fouls.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pelton Grades from last night ESPN
                                Bruno Caboclo, Toronto Raptors: C-plus

During his third appearance in the summer league, Caboclo still bears too much similarity to the 18-year-old rookie whose potential tantalized NBA scouts two years ago.

On the plus side, Caboclo is more polished now, and he has developed into a credible 3-point shooter (3-of-7 from 3).

But it's troubling that Caboclo doesn't seem to affect the game in other ways, floating rather than imposing his will using his impressive length.
                                Jakob Poeltl, Toronto Raptors: B-minus

Returning for a second season at Utah helped Poeltl add strength and confidence. Still, the NBA game is inevitably an adjustment for him -- even in summer league -- and Poeltl struggled with that adjustment on Sunday, committing six fouls in 24 minutes.

Largely a non-factor on offense, Poeltl did have five rebounds and three blocks in his 25 minutes.
                                Norman Powell, Toronto Raptors: A

You can put Powell with Booker and Kyle Anderson in the conversation for most overqualified player in summer league after he played rotation minutes in the playoffs.

With the Raptors, Powell was mostly a 3-and-D player. In Las Vegas, he gets to play with the ball and create his own offense, and Powell has shown great ability to get to the rim and finish (or draw fouls, shooting 12 free throws).

He scored 29 points and had eight rebounds, making four 3s in a performance that was marred only by his inability to stop Kris Dunn. Then again, nobody else has shown that ability either.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X