The Official 2016 Raptors Summer League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Only one Raptor with a grade from Pelton last night, plus one more player of interest.
    How is 7-15 with 23 points not efficient

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      How is 7-15 with 23 points not efficient
      Not that I'm an Insider and have read any of it, and I'm sure Pelton is working hard, but I don't think there's a ton of informative stuff to be gained from him since he has to watch and write about a whole day of games and players. That is if he's watching everything and not throwing out analysis of box scores.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        Not that I'm an Insider and have read any of it, and I'm sure Pelton is working hard, but I don't think there's a ton of informative stuff to be gained from him since he has to watch and write about a whole day of games and players. That is if he's watching everything and not throwing out analysis of box scores.
        Yeah fair enough but a quick look at the box score would show a TS% of 63%. Saying that's not efficient is nuts.

Comment

• You guys are having a reading comprehension issue.

He didn't say not efficient, he said not his most efficient.

Powell scored 29 on 15 shots Sunday.

29 on 15 shots is more efficient than 23 on 15 shots.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• sorry to make a demar comment but I would take any of those efficiencies over 7/20 for 23 points.

Comment

You guys are having a reading comprehension issue.

Technically correct! But for it to be relevant information, one would expect it to be descriptive of his performance. So unless he is noting in every player's notes every time they don't set a personal record for efficiency, the accusations seem fair.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You guys are having a reading comprehension issue.

No it's definitely an issue with how it's written. Why mention that it wasn't his most efficient day without mentioning how efficient his other day was. To me it reads like " oh it wasn't his most efficient day, but it was still alright" meanwhile he was very efficient.

Anyway I'm completely nitpicking here.

Comment

• Anyone have the/a story on Daniels? Injury or no?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure him pointing out Jamal's good defensive play yesterday was from the box score.

Yeah, there's not a ton of info as he's watching a lot of games but criticizing for the sake of criticizing is rather petty.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Technically correct! But for it to be relevant information, one would expect it to be descriptive of his performance. So unless he is noting in every player's notes every time they don't set a personal record for efficiency, the accusations seem fair.
                      It was poorly worded. But he didn't say what he was accused of saying. I'll agree that's fair. OK?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Still think we should have traded with pelicans to get murray.
                        I don't think anyone would disagree with that except the Pels, who clearly valued the pick more than any trade offers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure him pointing out Jamal's good defensive play yesterday was from the box score.

Yeah, there's not a ton of info as he's watching a lot of games but criticizing for the sake of criticizing is rather petty.
                          Thanks for the criticism.
                          Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 02:44 PM.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I don't think anyone would disagree with that except the Pels, who clearly valued the pick more than any trade offers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            i was trolling 3 pelicans blogs leading up to the draft, listening to their pods, etc. they liked poeltl next to ad and valentine a lot. also have a lot of holes so were considering trades, including vets. they could of got poeltl, dejounte and a vet instead of buddy. i'd do that deal if im the pelicans. im wasnt so high on buddy tho.

didnt hear any credible trade rumour attached to them at the time so not sure how much they valued the pick? did u hear a rumour?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhkl4MTB9Y

here's a link for the first game. i missed the raps game yesterday so post a request if you want it.

Comment

• Decent piece with a little bit of extra insight on the raps offseason so far. Apparently we were super close to getting Gasol, and the plan is to start sully.

Comment

Working...
                                X