Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I like the trade. But maybe Indiana would want koloko? Also how would we shore up space to re-sign Turner?
    I would rather keep koloko and see what he looks like in the future not big on that

Comment

I like the trade. But maybe Indiana would want koloko? Also how would we shore up space to re-sign Turner?
      We'd get his bird rights so can go over the cap to resign him.

Comment

• Great Game..keep it up, we might get a 1st rd pick...
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• idk if its possible but if we can get monte morris maybe Barton or Wright as salary dump plus a future pick is that not better flexibility going in to buyouts.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Myles Turner is leaving Indy..... how about this?

Indiana wants picks for Turner. We know that already. We should not trade any picks, we need to get more.

Hard pass on any trade that doesn't give us more draft picks or young prospects. Turner is 27 soon he does not fit our core time-line.

Comment

• Raptors failing VanVleet, not the other way around

n terms of what VanVleet will be looking for on the open market, the four-year, $130 million deal that Tyler Herro got last fall is expected to be the baseline. Officially, the Raptors don’t have to decide whether they’re going to be the team that gives it to him until July. Essentially, though, they’ve got to make that decision over the next five weeks, ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline, or they risk losing him for nothing.

Committing that much long-term money, or more, to an undersized guard who has accumulated a ton of miles, battled injuries and will turn 29 next month isn’t a no-brainer. Masai Ujiri and Bobby Webster have both spoken openly about their intention to keep VanVleet in Toronto beyond this season. Despite the team’s recent setback and the re-evaluation process its prompted among the front office, there’s no indication that their stance on VanVleet has changed.

Assuming that’s the case and he remains an important part of their future, it would probably behoove them to maximize and extend his prime years, rather than running him into the ground before he even turns 30.
              https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-failing-v...ound-1.1902908
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Indiana wants picks for Turner. We know that already. We should not trade any picks, we need to get more.

Hard pass on any trade that doesn't give us more draft picks or young prospects. Turner is 27 soon he does not fit our core time-line.
                This was a last shot at quickly retooling this core to see if it could work. Otherwise, yeah, I’m down for a full-blown rebuild with picks and young prospects. #Brick4Vic

Comment

• Bet on yourself...

Or sometimes it might be best to just take the damn money and run.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/269932/Fred-VanVleet-Turned-Down-$114-Contract-Extension-Before-Start-Of-Season

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Bet on yourself...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/269932/Fred-VanVleet-Turned-Down-$114-Contract-Extension-Before-Start-Of-Season
                    He's gonna make mistake that other guys who bet on themselves did.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He's gonna make mistake that other guys who bet on themselves did.
                      Dennis Schroder come on down!

Comment

• Cant believe mgmt offered that. Lost a lot of hope in mgmt for being so stupid. And well not surprised fred is all about the money glad he bet on himself. The house always wins fred good luck (somewhere else i hope)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Bet on yourself...

While it seems like a mistake I am positive he will get that or more, even with the down year.

Schroeder never even sniffed an all star game and this is not a comparable situation.

Comment

Cant believe mgmt offered that. Lost a lot of hope in mgmt for being so stupid. And well not surprised fred is all about the money glad he bet on himself. The house always wins fred good luck (somewhere else i hope)
                            It would have been incredible value. We'd be idiots not to offer that.

I want Fred traded but anyone who thinks he's not gonna get $30M per year is out to lunch. The cap is jumping by over $10M in the off-season, even more the next year, and then a gigantic jump the year after that.

Comment

• Turned down max now wants to take the most shots? Fuk that id have him come off the bench

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It would have been incredible value. We'd be idiots not to offer that.

I want Fred traded but anyone who thinks he's not gonna get $30M per year is out to lunch. The cap is jumping by over $10M in the off-season, even more the next year, and then a gigantic jump the year after that.
                                Disagree. Just coz its going up doesnt mean give players whatever they want. Some point down the road itd be nice to have some money for fa’s. Again no one seemed interested in him 3 years younger except ny and for cheaper. 28.5 x 4 good luck getting rid of that “value” contract. Wed be adding picks to unload him

Comment

Working...
                                X