Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Man imagine if this guy becomes a bust?

Seems like he's more interested in his brand more than anything.

https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/stat...16686103764992
    I know it's not the guy's fault ... and I've always looked down at people who think what I'm about to write ... but part of me what's him to be painfully average.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Let's try our best not to let our hatred of his dad affect our opinion of Lonzo.

And in terms of the shoe, I respect the fact that a player is showcasing his skills unrelated to basketball. Running a business is hard work.

Besides, young players sign endorsement deals with the established brands all the time. And nobody bats an eye. Is this really much different?
    Honestly though ... it's really hard not to. It's the only reason I didn't edited my post from bust to what it is now.
    Last edited by Just Is; Thu May 4, 2017, 04:19 PM.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Having said that, $1000 for a pre-ordered, autographed shoe is madness.
      And the shoe itself is $495, $695 if you have size 14-15 feet lol. Absolutely ridiculous.

Highest I paid for a basketball shoe was $200(Jordan 11). And it's a great looking shoe. This Lonzo Ball shoes looks no different from the Steph Curry Under Armour shoes. Ugly.

This is the Jordan 11 btw. I got this for like $200. Now compare this to Ball's $495 shoes. LOL

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        And the shoe itself is $495, $695 if you have size 14-15 feet lol. Absolutely ridiculous.

Highest I paid for a basketball shoe was $200(Jordan 11). And it's a great looking shoe. This Lonzo Ball shoes looks no different from the Steph Curry Under Armour shoes. Ugly.

This is the Jordan 11 btw. I got this for like $200. Now compare this to Ball's $495 shoes. LOL

The Jordans have aged really well. Must be at least 20 years old. I'd still rock those today.

Comment

• 500 for a shoe with fake boost and fake python uppers... yeah good luck son.

Comment

• Comment

• If Ball goes 1st and becomes a bust, I have a feeling he'll go down as a bigger bust than Anthony Bennett.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• It's hard to not dislike Ball. Yeah, it's mostly his dad but still. $495 for a shoe?

I can't help but hope he's a bust and I know that is awful but I'll own it. Funny thing is, even if all three kids are busts, they'll still be better than their dad who claims he could shut down Jordan.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  It's hard to not dislike Ball. Yeah, it's mostly his dad but still. $495 for a shoe?

I can't help but hope he's a bust and I know that is awful but I'll own it. Funny thing is, even if all three kids are busts, they'll still be better than their dad who claims he could shut down Jordan.
                  That last part is why I don't even feel that bad for kinda wanting them to be busts. They've already done better than their dad.

500 dollars for those is actually great. I mean ... clearly the ... I can't even finish. Thats just a sympathy killer. Those shoes aren't worth that. If they're selling em for that much; they're hedging on not having a long career.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

What brand has the actual word "Brand" in it's name? I can't think of one. Is that stupidity or genius?

Comment

• Can I say something? The shoe itself is actually really nice, it's not worth the asking price, but it's a nice looking shoe. It look very much like a mix between Kobes & Adidas with a little Anta thrown in there (Who IMO they should've talked with).
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• What I find the craziest is 90+% of draft boards have Markelle Fultz going first but because of LaVar's damn talking, the only player that everyone is actually talking about is Lonzo.

It's so odd in a way that the player that the vast majority see as being the #1 overall, borderline unianimous....is hardly even discussed lol I think it's great though because I think it's going to fuel Fultz to become an incredible player.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          What I find the craziest is 90+% of draft boards have Markelle Fultz going first but because of LaVar's damn talking, the only player that everyone is actually talking about is Lonzo.

It's so odd in a way that the player that the vast majority see as being the #1 overall, borderline unianimous....is hardly even discussed lol I think it's great though because I think it's going to fuel Fultz to become an incredible player.
                          I mean also Fultz is a better prospect. Maybe we are looking at different stuff, but I haven't seen the dad as more than a footnote on many boards. I think the Ball hype is too much. He will be good don't get me wrong, but I don't see generational star. I think Fultz will be significantly better, but eh I'm a dude on the internet.

Comment

• Doesn't help the "brand" image when Lavar responds to price criticism with a tweet "if you can't afford the ZO2, you're not a big baller".
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Doesn't help the "brand" image when Lavar responds to price criticism with a tweet "if you can't afford the ZO2, you're not a big baller".
                              I kinda get the jist of what he saying here, but it's like: Even if I had the cash to get said shoes, are they worth it? H. E. L. L. N. O. !.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Doesn't help the "brand" image when Lavar responds to price criticism with a tweet "if you can't afford the ZO2, you're not a big baller".
                                This actually made me laugh out loud. What a clueless turd.

Comment

Working...
                                X