No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watch us snatch Kuzma and keep the Utah connection alive.

(i'd pick kuzma over bolden)
    Last edited by c-troop; Thu Jun 22, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• I really hope Caroll and 23 for 36+39 happens
      I would be more than happy with Bolden being pick up in 2nd round by us

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Wow, Semi is up to 21st? I was worried this might happpen. OG would be a nice consolation prize though. I just really wanted a knockdown shooter. OG is capable of hitting 3s but, he's not a shooter. I love his upside on D but, he might be another player that Cavs decide to leave open all series long.

Also I would love to take a gamble Gilles. Apparently the only issue is his injury history. Most GMs/ Scouts believe if he is able to stay heathly he even has a higher upside that Fulks.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        You want to pick based on the Cavs!?

OG (assuming his medicals are promising) is easily one and more likely 2 or 3 tiers above semi. I'd take a healthy OG ahead of markannen. Hes in the mix with Mitchell and monk for me and that's exactly where DX had him pre-injury. Semi is the consolation prize for OG.

Comment

Wow, Semi is up to 21st? I was worried this might happpen. OG would be a nice consolation prize though. I just really wanted a knockdown shooter. OG is capable of hitting 3s but, he's not a shooter. I love his upside on D but, he might be another player that Cavs decide to leave open all series long.

Also I would love to take a gamble Gilles. Apparently the only issue is his injury history. Most GMs/ Scouts believe if he is able to stay heathly he even has a higher upside that Fulks.

Dude, these mock drafts are never right... don't take it as gospel.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            You want to pick based on the Cavs!?

OG (assuming his medicals are promising) is easily one and more likely 2 or 3 tiers above semi. I'd take a healthy OG ahead of markannen. Hes in the mix with Mitchell and monk for me and that's exactly where DX had him pre-injury. Semi is the consolation prize for OG.
            Your intittled to your opinion. Yes, Cleveland is the only team I'm worried about in the East.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 22, 2017, 01:46 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Your intittled to your opinion. Yes, Cleveland is the only team I'm worried about in the East.

LeBron might be gone in a yr. Boston and Philly have a lot of potential the next few yrs.
              Chances are, whomever we draft will have little to no impact for several yrs, if at all.
              You're game planning semi for October!? He'll probably have as much impact as siakam (and I like siakam), maybe a little higher. He should have at least destroyed the combine if he's ready to have impact vs the Cavs. According to reports, he struggled.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                LeBron might be gone in a yr. Boston and Philly have a lot of potential the next few yrs.
                Chances are, whomever we draft will have little to no impact for several yrs, if at all.
                You're game planning semi for October!? He'll probably have as much impact as siakam (and I like siakam), maybe a little higher. He should have at least destroyed the combine if he's ready to have impact vs the Cavs. According to reports, he struggled.
                It's a game with no structure and no plays. The players have never played with each other. I dont understand why you put some much stock in a glorified pick up game.

Also teams wont be able to ignore Semi like they did Siakam because he is a knockdown shooter.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 22, 2017, 02:15 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

It's a game with no structure and no plays. The players have never played with each other. I dont understand why you put some much stock in a glorified pick up game.

Also teams wont be able to ignore Semi like they did Siakam because he is a knockdown shooter.

He is not a knockdown shooter. He actually takes quite a bit of time to get his shot off, and he doesnt create for himself. He shoots off the catch... His weaknesses out way his strengths.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                      He is not a knockdown shooter. He actually takes quite a bit of time to get his shot off, and he doesnt create for himself. He shoots off the catch... His weaknesses out way his strengths.
                      He was one the most effecient ISO players in the nation. I think he can create for himself just fine. We dont need him to create for himself though. Just to make open 3s. Which he has shown he is very good at. He shot 42 percent on like 5 3s a game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Say it with me now. Trade. Down. To. Shed. Salary.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I would be cool with moving back if it got us any 2 of the following:

Josh Hart, Jordan Bell, Swanigan, Bolden, Frank Jackson, Jawun Evans, Iwundu

I find each of these intriguing.

With the 23rd...

- OG if he's there, doubt he will be (John Collins is my guy if somehow he drops like Portis did 2 years ago)
                          - Ferguson
                          - Giles

Semi is tearing up workouts but team drills he's doing poorly in. I'm concerned with that. With 23 I'm going for young swing for the fence picks.

Comment

He was one the most effecient ISO players in the nation. I think he can create for himself just fine. We dont need him to create for himself though. Just to make open 3s. Which he has shown he is very good at. He shot 42 percent on like 5 3s a game.

His division is trash. He chucked up nearly 5 three's a game and 2 fell. 42% beyond the arc. He isn't worth the hype dude.

Also, he can only run in a straight line, he has rookie foul trouble written all over him, his arms are too short, he is too short, he isn't agile, he cant use his left hand, etc etc.

Comment

• Can we stop the Semi debate, it's going in circles... move on to other prospects.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Can we stop the Semi debate, it's going in circles... move on to other prospects.
                                Anybody have in depth info on Hartenstein, Kuzma and DJ Wilson?

DraftExpress has Kuzma ranked right behind Jordan Bell, DJ Wilson is a lengthy PF outta michigan and Hartenstein looks like a tall angry german...

Comment

Working...
                                X